Page 15 of 244 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565115 ... LastLast

Thread: This is not a lobe song page 15

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    E.M.T.W.L

Entry Twenty Two: Three weeks?!

Wow. Time flies when you're eating all you want!

Sleep:
    12.45am - 7.30 am. Woke up with a bit of a blocked nose.

Actually had a terrible night's sleep. Tossed and turned all night. Weird, since I ate so much. Maybe it was the spices in the curry? Difficult to know. But it's interesting to note that some foods make me sleep better than others. Rice is worse than potatoes for example. Bananas are better than any other fruit.

I think before I go back to London I'll make a log of all this info and see if any patterns are forming.

Digestion:
    Fine.

Skin:
    Skin is so much better today! My lips aren't chapped at all and my hands feel better. I think it might be all the coconut milk.

Food:

Screen Shot 2013-04-06 at 23.28.29.jpg

Breakfast: 8am
    Lunch: 2pm (Broth)
    Snack: 3pm 1/3 mango
    Snack: 6pm (carrots)
    Dinner 7pm
    Snack: 11.00pm Banana

Feels weird that I barely scraped 2k cals today. I woke up feeling hungry and I anticipated that it would be another hungry day. But after a generous breakfast, I didn't feel hungry for lunch until 2pm. For dinner I made a spicy coconut sauce to go with turkey, potatoes, and Ray Peat's carrot salad, but when the time came, I found that all I really wanted to eat was coconut sauce over carrot salad! I ended up leaving my potatoes, and some of my turkey. Not the norm for me to leave food on my plate! But I have to reiterate: I believe it's because I keep assuring myself that I snack whenever I want; I can stuff myself whenever I need.

And at the end of the day:
    My energy was great today. Hallelujah!

My Mum said something interesting tonight... Both my parents have drink problems, but each of them insist that the other is worse. At exactly 10pm, my Dad went to pour himself a glass of wine. My Mum (who'd been drinking since dinner) told me that was the sign of a TRUE alcoholic: someone who watches the clock til the time they can drink.

Sidling away from the debate about who's the bigger alcho, her comment hit a nerve, because that is exactly how I was with food: Watching the clock for the sacred times when I was allowed to eat. Can it really be as simple as "no rules" and "listen to the rhythm of your body"? We come from a culture where people spend nearly 100 pages on an internet forum debating CICO - can it really be this simple?

Today was the first time in a long time that I felt happy. But, joy, like energy, can go so quickly, so I'm not expecting to wake up tomorrow morning feeling happy, energised, and full of life, like I felt for all of today. Today was a great day. Tomorrow will be another day, with new insights, and new experiences.
    Last edited by YogaBare; 04-13-2013 at 03:01 AM.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    The whole 8 pounts? :P

To be a yoga teacher do you have to go to India to study? I have been doing yoga lately its it really is interesting with how much history it has. All the teachers i have been to also have gone to India.
    Oh man... since the start of "Primal" it's 16lbs! Well, 14lbs now I think... To be fair, I have more muscle than I did back then, so it's not all fat, but still...

Nope, you don't have to go to India to study. But it's a completely amazing place. I've been three times and spent eight months there and I can't wait to go back I could babble about India for a while

What kind of Yoga are you doing?

And ah - so you've left MDA anon and have put your pic up - more power to ya
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Digging the hair Zach ^-^ you hottie
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

Zach is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    Oh man... since the start of "Primal" it's 16lbs! Well, 14lbs now I think... To be fair, I have more muscle than I did back then, so it's not all fat, but still...

Nope, you don't have to go to India to study. But it's a completely amazing place. I've been three times and spent eight months there and I can't wait to go back I could babble about India for a while

What kind of Yoga are you doing?

And ah - so you've left MDA anon and have put your pic up - more power to ya
    Yea, been meaning to put a pic up for awhile. Took a pic of my derp cut and figured id use it. You guys convinced me not to abandon this place. Threw up a few photos in the profile too so peeps can see.

Its mostly just flow yoga, vinyasa or ashtanga? Its in a heated room so its actually a pretty good workout. I do a fair amount by myself as well. Im actually really interested in more details if you would like to write something up. I would ask my teachers but they are busy. One thing i will say is i love being the only guy in a room full of sexy sweaty women!

Also im really impressed with how your experiment is going. I see a lot of myself in your little revelations. And i do think it is all about listening to the body. Watching the clock for just about anything just seems like a negative habit.

Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    Digging the hair Zach ^-^ you hottie
    Your my hairspiration, brother!
    Last edited by Zach; 04-06-2013 at 04:24 PM.

Yea, been meaning to put a pic up for awhile. Took a pic of my derp cut and figured id use it. You guys convinced me not to abandon this place
    Group hug!

Thought your hair looked like derp's actually! He's growing his hair based on my suggestion. We're all inspiring each other y'all
    Last edited by YogaBare; 04-07-2013 at 12:58 AM.

- Ray Peat

Its mostly just flow yoga, vinyasa or ashtanga? Its in a heated room so its actually a pretty good workout. I do a fair amount by myself as well. Im actually really interested in more details if you would like to write something up. I would ask my teachers but they are busy. One thing i will say is i love being the only guy in a room full of sexy sweaty women!

Also im really impressed with how your experiment is going. I see a lot of myself in your little revelations. And i do think it is all about listening to the body. Watching the clock for just about anything just seems like a negative habit.
    Of course, what would you like to know? I started a thread on it a while ago, there's a lot of good info here: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread81163.html

You could always reply on that with questions, and I can answer them there; that way some of the other yogis can also chime in . Zoe really knows her stuff.

And cheers for the encouragement - I really didn't expect the experiment to go this well! The challenge is going to be when I go back to London. I need to find some way to manage stress that doesn't involve macocism...

- Ray Peat

"Patience is not sitting and waiting, it is foreseeing. It is looking at the thorn and seeing the rose, looking at the night and seeing the day. Lovers are patient and know that the moon needs time to become full."

~Shams Tabrizi

E.M.T.W.L

Entry Twenty-Three: All just a little bit of history repeating

Today was a great day again I had loads of energy and feel positive and optimistic (even though I'm completely bloated and am dreading being reunited with my measuring tape on Tuesday...)

Sleep:
    1am - 8.15am.
    Sleep was fitful, but not terrible.

Digestion:
    Okay.

Skin:
    Skin is so much better! Dewy and no breakouts

Other thing to note:
    At the start of this experiment I started getting a lot of sleepydust in my eyes. I remembered a thread where someone said since eating low carb they never get it anymore, so I thought it was because of all the extra starch I was eating. But for the last few days, my eyes have been totally clear in the mornings. Interesting. And did you know that sleepydust is actually called Rheum? The things I google...

Food:
    Screen Shot 2013-04-07 at 23.30.50.jpg

Breakfast: 8.30am (yogurt and fruit)
    Snack: 1pm (banana, carrot)
    Lunch: 2.30pm (Broth, meatloaf)
    Snack: 2pm 1/3 mango
    Snack: 6pm (Fruit and yogurt)
    Dinner: 8pm (meatloaf, potato)

Ate a lot today again, but I wasn't actually hungry until the evening time. I'm going with it, and still listening to my body, but I really find the hunger patterns weird. I keep expecting the calories to drop, but I'm still consistently eating more than 3k. I also really wanted some chocolate tonight. I was going to have some, but I was tired after all my running around today and wasn't bothered getting off the coach! (By the time I did, I opened the sweet cupboard and nothing looked good). But yeah. Chocolate cravings again.

Weight loss doesn't seem very realistic at this rate. I haven't weighed myself, but I'm pretty sure I've put back on the kilo I lost.

I'm starting to think my little belly is cute, I know that bubble is going to burst as soon as I get back to London, City of the Beautiful. At least I've got one more month of wearing my winter coat... then I'll probably start to panic!

cookies.jpg
    Last edited by YogaBare; 09-25-2013 at 05:18 PM.

- Ray Peat

E.M.T.W.L

Entry Twenty-Four: The Night before London

The moment you accept what troubles you've been given,
    the door will open.

- Rumi

I wish I didn't have to get up at 5am tomorrow, because I have loads I'd like to write tonight. I'll try to be concise...!

Sleep:
    1am - 6am. Worst sleep I've had in a while. Night sweats, tossing and turning. Falling asleep I was feeling my heart pounding again. I'm guessing these are stress hormones, but I don't know why I'm suddenly getting these waves.

Exercise:
    My energy has been through the roof, so I'm reintroducing the exercise section For the last week I've been going for hour-long walks everyday, and doing an hour of yoga. As the week progressed, my daily movement became more energetic, and now I'm at the point where I feel restless if I sit still for too long. I'm pretty much constantly "moving around slowly" - except for the evenings. I started jogging a bit on the walks and I'm seeing "gains" in my yoga.

Digestion:
    Good.

Skin:
    Great! Lips aren't dry.

Food:
    Screen Shot 2013-04-08 at 23.37.20.jpg

Breakfast: 6.30am
    Lunch: .....
    Snack: 6.00pm, Broth
    Dinner: 7pm
    Snack: 8.30pm, two persimmons

Food was weird today. I was hungry in the morning, so had a big breakfast, but after that the day kept passing and I didn't want to eat. I felt tiny hunger pangs a few times, but there was no food I desired.

This evening, all I wanted was Ray Peat's carrot salad. I made Goan fish curry for my parents, but I didn't even want rice. Then I realised that my calories were way too low today, so I ate two persimmons, but I still didn't get to 2k. I hope I'm not subconsciously restricting... I don't think I am, cos' I know I can eat more than 3k cals whenever I want, but I do want to lose weight so...

I guess the answer will become apparent with hindsight!

Today started badly. I woke up way too early, and I went straight into the bathroom and weighed myself. This is my typical obsessive behaviour - the second I get up, I measure my hips to see if I've "lost weight". I didn't bring my measuring tape with me to Ireland, so I was free. But this morning, I went on autopilot to the scales. The numbers told me I gained back the kilo I lost.

It knocked me back a bit. I know that my body is doing what it needs to do, and I can feel that shifts are happening. I knew that this was not fat gain, but I panicked. I was going to post on MDA, or in my journal, but I'm tired of boring people with complaints about weight gain, so I joined an ED recovery forum! Got no answers to my post.

At some stage over the day it crystallised for me: I'm being good to myself, and I deserve to be happy. Okay, I have a little belly, but who's really going to judge me because I don't have a six pack? If I want to recover I have to do more than accept my body the way it is right now - I have to embrace it. I have to be proud of my little belly, my thighs, my lack of hips bones. I have to feel like this body is good enough to look at, good enough to hold, good enough to love. If I don't feel it's beauty and perfection then there's no point in going through each day, waiting until the time when I can feel good enough. That time will never come.

Which brings me to love. Saying goodnight to my parents, I had a feeling of guilt. I had such a nice time with them, and they loved having me here, and I am so, so appreciative towards them. And that made me feel guilty. I feel guilty that they love me, guilty that they share with me, guilty that they give me things. I do loads for them when I'm here - cook them gorgeous food, help with the house etc. etc. but when I think of all they do for me, I feel like I don't deserve it. I guess I feel like this with most people. Maybe that's why I struggle so much to create the life that I want: deep down I don't believe I deserve to be happy and loved.

Back to London tomorrow. No more hiding in my house because I feel fat. Back to life.

482388_10200655535300046_331631874_n.jpg
    Last edited by YogaBare; 04-13-2013 at 03:02 AM.

- Ray Peat

badgergirl is online now Senior Member
    “Like most humans, I am hungry...our three basic needs, for food and security and love, are so mixed and mingled and entwined that we cannot straightly think of one without the others. So it happens that when I write of hunger, I am really writing about love and the hunger for it...”
    ― M.F.K. Fisher, The Gastronomical Me (M.F.K. Fisher Quotes (Author of The Art of Eating))

I thought this would speak to you.
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm!

Zach is offline Banned
    I dont think the heart pounding and night sweats are stress hormones unless are they cold sweats. Its actually sounds like you might have ate too much, too close to bed. I do think heavier/warm food should be consumed early and light/cold food closer to bedtime. If thats not the case then it may be adrenalin but i dont see any reason for it to be happening.

Secondly, why are you so hard on yourself? Its such a strange thing to fight against yourself or your body. You are one and should always have unconditional love for yourself.