Page 149 of 244 FirstFirst ... 4999139147148149150151159199 ... LastLast
Results 1,481 to 1,490 of 2434

Thread: This is not a lobe song page 149

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Nstocks View Post
    Do you take one dose of those per week, by spreading them out each day? (I can't imagine anyone taking all of those in one day, or even 3!)

Any of those good for bloating/constipation? What was your main goal for taking niacinamide? (I understand it's great for acne) Would any of those increase collagen in the skin? I'm 22 but my face looks 'flat' like there is something missing like on acne scar victims. (though I hardly get acne anymore and my skin is extremely smooth to the touch, just not to the eye andI don't really have any scarring.)
    I take the noopept, c60, b1, biotin, niacinamide, magnesium, nicotine, caffeine, and copper peptides daily. I weigh the oral doses by gram with a scale, and usually add them to my own gelatin caps.

I guess the nicotine and caffeine do. I don't have bloating or constipation, but magnesium should help with that, and so does the carrot salad. As well as some t3.

Reasons for taking niacinamide are summed up well here:

Ray Peat, PhD Quotes on Therapeutic Effects of Niacinamide – Functional Performance Systems (FPS)

For collagen try a dermaroller. If you're looking for a face lift of sorts, I've heard testaments about pregnenolone doing that for many people.
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    I don't drink, so all my dating (and sex) was/is done sober. now, DH and I have breakfast dates. Seriously. it's when the kid is in school and the business doesn't need us, so it's perfect.

Sounds like a good date, though.

Nstocks is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    I take the noopept, c60, b1, biotin, niacinamide, magnesium, nicotine, caffeine, and copper peptides daily. I weigh the oral doses by gram with a scale, and usually add them to my own gelatin caps.

I guess the nicotine and caffeine do. I don't have bloating or constipation, but magnesium should help with that, and so does the carrot salad. As well as some t3.

Reasons for taking niacinamide are summed up well here:

Ray Peat, PhD Quotes on Therapeutic Effects of Niacinamide – Functional Performance Systems (FPS)

For collagen try a dermaroller. If you're looking for a face lift of sorts, I've heard testaments about pregnenolone doing that for many people.
    I looked at a dermaroller (I think someone in a journal was also looking at one) but I don't think I could do that, in the risk of causing acne or something. I'll give the carrott salad a try, it's strange that something so simple may help bloating, but I hear about it quite a lot. (and my carrots are ready for harvest!)

I found this: http://raypeat.wikispaces.com/Carrot+salad

So it's true that if one consumes a lot of orange coloured food, their skin may turn a tint of orange if it's not converted into Vitamin A due to low thyroid? I'm consuming a lot of freshly squeezed OJ and my skin has a bit of a 'glow', which I always though was a good sign of health.
    Last edited by Nstocks; 08-02-2013 at 04:28 AM.

Zach is offline Banned
    Nstocks or anyone else with acne, i just came across someone advocating crushed up aspirin mixed with a tiny bit of water as the best acne treatment ever. Thought yall should give it a try.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nstocks View Post
    I looked at a dermaroller (I think someone in a journal was also looking at one) but I don't think I could do that, in the risk of causing acne or something. I'll give the carrott salad a try, it's strange that something so simple may help bloating, but I hear about it quite a lot. (and my carrots are ready for harvest!)

I found this: http://raypeat.wikispaces.com/Carrot+salad

So it's true that if one consumes a lot of orange coloured food, their skin may turn a tint of orange if it's not converted into Vitamin A due to low thyroid? I'm consuming a lot of freshly squeezed OJ and my skin has a bit of a 'glow', which I always though was a good sign of health.
    Yeah, it's due to beta carotene being a thyroid inhibitor, so wash the carrots thoroughly, grate them, and make sure you get plenty of b12 to help convert it to vitamin a
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    Nstocks or anyone else with acne, i just came across someone advocating crushed up aspirin mixed with a tiny bit of water as the best acne treatment ever. Thought yall should give it a try.
    I actually tried that years ago but I'll give it another go tonight. I have only a couple of spots now - far less painful than they were on VLC + Meat. I also don't really get them on my jawline as much which is the area they constantly use to break out in! Any ideas for a blocked nose? I never get a cold so it could be hayfever . Right now I'm trying warm milk with turmeric and pepper. I also have Olbas (menthol) oil and a negative (ozone free) ion generator.

Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    Yeah, it's due to beta carotene being a thyroid inhibitor, so wash the carrots thoroughly, grate them, and make sure you get plenty of b12 to help convert it to vitamin a
    I did not know that! I need to squeeze out most of the liquid too right? (which carried the Beta-carotene so I'm left with mostly fibre?) I'm eating a dozen fresh oyster a week. I'm looking forward to my bloods to see where my testosterone was at. I also eat a fair bit of goat cheese.

Zach is offline Banned
    How you feeling these days, N? Feeling anything with those oysters?

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Graycat View Post
    how do you ride a bike in a mini-skirt?

My Vit D3 is in sunflower oil It's really small gelcap, however. 2000IU
    Years of practice

I wouldn't worry about the sunflower oil. It's not ideal, but I think such a small amount for a short period of time isn't going to harm you. You can buy olive oil ones next time! At least you have that option... I can't get those over here

Quote Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
    I don't drink, so all my dating (and sex) was/is done sober. now, DH and I have breakfast dates. Seriously. it's when the kid is in school and the business doesn't need us, so it's perfect.
    I'm Irish, so the sober dating thing is totally alien to me... Even the idea of getting to know someone slowly and naturally is quite strange. But it's what I need, for sure.

UUUUUUUUGH

Well, I feel like absolute shit today. It was the end of my cycle, so it's my fourth day of no Vitex or Duphaston or Progesterone oil. I was too tired to exercise yesterday, and then I completely crashed today

I guess this is evidence that my feeling good and having so much energy is more due to the progesterone than the woe.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    My doc told me to take Vitex all cycle long, by YMMV. I wonder if that would help?
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    How you feeling these days, N? Feeling anything with those oysters?
    I'm going to do a write-up on Tuesday, after I visit the Doctors to see what the blood tests show but here's the basics. Oh, and when I had the bloods drawn, shortly after I bruised quite badly. It's just starting to clear up and the family asked how I got it... I'm not telling them about the test so I just said I banged it at work. Apparently, bruises like that are due to the (poor) technique of the sampler. Hopefully the Doc will give me a copy of the tests, otherwise I'll nag the receptionist. I get the sense that he thinks I'm a hypochondriac and I just think about "health" because I only work 2 days a week... There's a reason I haven't bothered to get on with my life; I either feel ill or look ill which obviously effects confidence to go out and meet people etc.

I feel quite different from day to day. Sometimes I want to eat a lot, others like today, I don't want to eat at all (because I have a blocked up nose). Sometime eating hardly anything makes me feel better and I have a love/hate relationship with dairy. Libido is still low but if I "do it" everyday I can normally keep it up (no pun intended!) for a few days. I don't think I've consumed enough oysters for them to have any sort of effect. They are hard to find because the stores don't get many in and when they do, they sell out fast.

Energy is low after 10+ hours sleep. Dark circles are still present, feet are still cold though I took my temperature and it hasn't been below 36C for over a week (it use to be 35.5C upon waking up). I wake up some mornings and go for a run which is good but other than that I just can't be bothered to exercise. I'm outside in the garden a lot though. All of my joints ache too which isn't to do with my movements.

Always bloated and severely constipated. Very gross but I'm going to write it anyway - stools vary from the size of almonds to the size of brazil nuts. A few of these a day at most and not what I would consider remotely healthy.

I've recently stopped taking Ashwagandha because it doesn't make me feel any different. 3-4ml every morning for 2 weeks...

Mentally I feel like I'm just existing each week and nothing changes. (hence why I feel like an 80 year old man). I know I need to take action to change things and maybe this will change when I sell my car, but feeling how I do, nothing is important right now. (money doesn't make me happy either but it's a relief to know that in a few weeks time I'll no longer be paying 60/month for a car I use a few times a week. I don't plan on spending the money on anything in particular but I dream about just moving away, you know, like those friends you hear of but never imagine doing it yourself.)

Off Topic - I've realised that my whole family is obsessed with being fat and perhaps this is partly why I use to put so much attention on eating. My twin whom lives at home with us isn't obese, just chubby and yet he hasn't change anything in his diet. He goes to the gym 3 days a week for 2 hours as a way of justifying that he's trying to loose weight. My older brother is larger and whenever he comes home my Father (also dieting) always pushes junk food onto him. Literally shouting to him "Do you want this, or that, or these" as he to leaves the house. Mother is also on a diet and lost 6lbs in 6 months. (Father lost 20bs though he's 22 stone). My eldest brother is also big, but bulky, not fat and works out a lot. He paid for surgery to have his "boobs" removed when he was my age. Both other Brothers have "boobs" and my twin really hates them but again, doesn't really do anything to try and change. If we all stood in a line, you'd never guess I'm related to any of the males of my family, body composition wise.

Part of me hopes that there is something 'major' in my bloods to indicate something being wrong. I've felt like something has been wrong with me for over 4 years (which is why I went Primal). Not sure what it is, but often I just feel like taking some kind of drug to make me better because eating healthy hasn't done shit. (nor does eating junk) The other lifestyle factors don't make much difference either so I think it's more a a career/life thing and wanting to live away from home and be a "grown-up". (But honestly, loads of people my age and older still live at home due to money, some just get lucky I guess or have good contacts)

How about you Zach?
    Last edited by Nstocks; 08-02-2013 at 09:18 AM. Reason: Other realisations