Page 147 of 244 FirstFirst ... 4797137145146147148149157197 ... LastLast
Results 1,461 to 1,470 of 2434

Thread: This is not a lobe song page 147

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Shop Now
    Yay, my favorite topic!

(liquid) Vitamin D - I've been deficient for a long time. I'm not sure if it's reduced my tendency to burn or not because I'm not outside in high sunlight for long periods of time, but it eliminates my SAD. My SAD was so bad that I'd get sad on rainy days in non-winter seasons! That doesn't happen anymore.

Vitex - Gave me a libido after years of infrequent desire. Eliminated emotional PMS symptoms and reduced my period from 7 to 5 days! I just switched to a liquid form, not sure it's working as well for me, but could just be my gut screwing around with my libido this week.

Iodine & Vitamin B12 - I tested as deficient in Iodine earlier this year, started supplementing it then stopped. Had the B12 from ages ago, just to see what would happen. I started taking both again last week when I read that tingling/numb toes can be caused by low B12. I started waking up with tingling/numb/purple toes earlier this year. It coincided with a fungal infection so my doctor told me to see a dermotologist. The infection went away, but the rest did not. The tingling feeling randomly went away but came back recently. Now it's gone and my toes feel fine. I think it's the B12. I also take a B-complex.

Magnesium Citrate - 800 mg spread throughout the day for constipation.

Stinging nettle leaf - wanted to see if it improved my allergies. Don't think it has. Will continue until the bottle is empty. Raw local honey is too expensive, otherwise I'd use that.

Allegra - allergies. Mold & a zillion pollens.

Eleuthero root - on and off recently, seems to give me some energy! I keep forgetting to bring it to work.

Digestive enzymes - at start of meals, no idea if it's doing anything.

Peppermint oil capsules - before meals, seems to reduce bloating & gas after meals.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

ombat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    If you can take two minutes out of your schedule of being a smart ass then read the article and tell me what you think

Edit: Kidding
    I'm booked solid atm. Can I pencil you in for next year?

So what's the solution? Mono meals? What happens when you eat fruit completely by itself? I still stand by my assertion about the entire melon, though.
    Is it weird in here, or is it just me?

diene is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhansakdave View Post
    What is your favorite book?
    The Elenium trilogy by David Eddings
    That's on my reading list. I think I'll read it next.

Hey Nameless, which brand of vitamin D do you use? I want to get a liquid one too, but hopefully one that's not too expensive.

Here we go, supplements:

10,000 IUs vitamin D3 - have not gotten sick since, miraculous, really, must have been super deficient before

200-400 mcg selenium - don't notice any difference but need it for thyroid and mercury poisoning (I have 10 amalgam fillings in my mouth)

B complex - no difference

2-4 capsules of probiotics - I used to take Garden of Life, which was awesome but expensive. Switched to a Vitacost one, which isn't as good, but is cheaper. The Garden of Life + ACV really helped with my constipation. Not sure if the Vitacost brand is doing anything.

Jarrow Formula DHA/EPA (has way more DHA than EPA) - no difference

fermented cod liver oil/butter oil blend - no difference

rhodiola - 4-5 times a week (I take 2-3 days off each week to avoid developing tolerance) - fixed my circadian rhythm, yay! Fall asleep as soon as I go to bed, no more afternoon crashes.

magnesium citrate - varying amounts, roughly 1/2 tsp for the most part, but I don't really measure. This has gotten rid of my calf muscle soreness. My calves used to be REALLY sore ALL the time. Another thing that I must have been super deficient in before.

potassium gluconate - not sure how much--1 or 2 tablets a day; I also used light salt (50:50/NaCl:KCl) on my food. Will discontinue the potassium gluconate once I'm done with the bottle. I don't think it's necessary at this point.

Cynomel - definitely raised my HR and temp. Helps me poop too.

Things I take sometimes:
    creatine - no noticeable difference
    l-glutamine - no noticeable difference
    BCAAs - no noticeable difference
    chromium - no noticeable difference
    zinc - no noticeable difference
    ashwagandha - no noticeable difference
    gugulipid - no noticeable difference - was taking it everyday for a while, then stopped completely for a while, might start up again soon. It's supposed to support the thyroid.
    chlorella - no noticeable difference (will stop when I'm done with the bottle)

Things to start in future:
    fenugreek extract

If you think that I take supplements by the handful, you are right. I have my morning supps and my evening supps. And it's a handful of pills that I pop into my mouth. Good thing that I'm good at swallowing multiple pills at once. (The Mg citrate is a powder that I dissolve in water, and the ashwagandha is a liquid extract. Everything else is either a tablet or capsule. Oh, and the fermented CLO is a gel.)
    Last edited by diene; 08-01-2013 at 10:05 AM.

Sorry, I somehow missed a ton of posts.

Re: great lakes, that is what I use. I have gotten over the taste (which is imperceptible in coffee anyway) and there shouldn't be an issue making jellies if the water you are using is hot enough. What issues are you having?

Re: supps, I'm using Niacinamide
    topically and sometimes internally (for acne and possibly digestion?). D3 sometimes, when I remember, since I've been deficient in the past. That's it.

Quote Originally Posted by diene View Post
    Hey Nameless, which brand of vitamin D do you use? I want to get a liquid one too, but hopefully one that's not too expensive.
    I buy from Vitacost. Vitacost Vitamin D Drops -- 2000 IU per serving - 1 fl oz - Vitacost I've been using 10 drops a day lately since I stopped supplementing for a while. I'll go down to 5 soon and probably stay at that for a long time.

I used to be a champ pill swallower, but after my over-dose, I could only swallow one pill at a time, and only if I drank it down with lemonade! I think it was just a psychosomatic thing . I got over it, but can't do more than 3 large pills at once now.

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    I buy from Vitacost. Vitacost Vitamin D Drops -- 2000 IU per serving - 1 fl oz - Vitacost I've been using 10 drops a day lately since I stopped supplementing for a while. I'll go down to 5 soon and probably stay at that for a long time.
    Ah, I should have gotten that instead! I have a bottle of the gel caps from Vitacost, but it uses soybean oil (didn't pay attention when I bought it) so now I don't want to use it. Seems like such a waste though.

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    I used to be a champ pill swallower, but after my over-dose, I could only swallow one pill at a time, and only if I drank it down with lemonade! I think it was just a psychosomatic thing . I got over it, but can't do more than 3 large pills at once now.
    ! What did you overdose on?

Di, NOW brand D3 uses olive oil... "olive oil".... Still better than soybean, maybe, if you can't find a liquid you like. FYI.

Cool, thanks! Maybe I'll get the NOW brand. I like their magnesium citrate. Why'd you put olive oil in quotes?

Because I enjoy skepticism.

NOW is my brand of choice for most everything. They seem to use the least fillers.

Quote Originally Posted by diene View Post
    ! What did you overdose on?
    I don't want to derail YB's journal too much, but it was a suicide attempt when I was 15.