Page 146 of 244 FirstFirst ... 4696136144145146147148156196 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,460 of 2434

Thread: This is not a lobe song page 146

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post

Lol.

Welcome to the journal, ssn679doc. Every time I see your username I think you're a spammer
    You aren't alone there.... lol

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ombat View Post
    Yo, an entire melon would make anyone swell up
    If you can take two minutes out of your schedule of being a smart ass then read the article and tell me what you think

Edit: Kidding

Quote Originally Posted by ssn679doc View Post
    You aren't alone there.... lol
    Haha! question: why did you choose such an awkward name?!
    Last edited by YogaBare; 08-01-2013 at 04:43 AM.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Haha! question: why did you choose such an awkward name?!
    Pretty simple really... I was a medic on a submarine during my Navy career....

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    I mean, if I don't take mag citrate, I'm constipated, so if I swap it for aloe, maybe it'll be a good choice. What I'm worried about is that aloe is lumped with senna (cascara sagrada) for how it works, I think. Senna gave me severe abdominal pains and was not "gentle" in its efficacy. I know Peat is all for it, but I am not.

That bloating page is confusing. Doesn't that indicate that a 30BaD diet would cause a lot of digestive problems...? And that's from the 30BaD site...? I don't get it.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Quote Originally Posted by ssn679doc View Post
    Pretty simple really... I was a medic on a submarine during my Navy career....
    Just like my granddad

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    I mean, if I don't take mag citrate, I'm constipated, so if I swap it for aloe, maybe it'll be a good choice. What I'm worried about is that aloe is lumped with senna (cascara sagrada) for how it works, I think. Senna gave me severe abdominal pains and was not "gentle" in its efficacy. I know Peat is all for it, but I am not.

That bloating page is confusing. Doesn't that indicate that a 30BaD diet would cause a lot of digestive problems...? And that's from the 30BaD site...? I don't get it.
    Haha, yeah I read on the site that "on this diet, it's normal to go to bed fat, and wake up flat!"

Umm. No thanks.

I'd go with aloe vera. It's amazing used topically, so how bad can it be if you ingest it? I've read that it's good for reducing muscle inflammation after workouts. It's useless for me right now, since I'm 'going' like 7 times a day, but if I was constipated I would definitely give it a go! Mg never worked for me...
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    What other supplements are you taking right now?
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Zach is offline Banned
    You dont go to bed fat from bloating and constipation, its because you are supposed to stuff yourself until your belly is completely full. If anyone is getting bloating from fruit, try eating it alone as a mono meal. It also is crazy awesome for poopin.
    Last edited by Zach; 08-01-2013 at 08:11 AM.

SUPPLEMENTS

Okay folks, we mention them frequently enough - what's everyone's current list and do you feel they are helping you?

Here's mine:

Liquid Vit D -
    Skin has changed colour! Back to the golden hue I had as a child. AND, Kerastaris pillars has disappeared! Vit D for the win

Topical B3 -
    Power, added to plain cream, use on face. Seems to be helping my rosacea a little.

Vitex and topical Progesterone-
    Blah, blah, blah, amazing! blah, blah.

Brewer's Yeast -
    Have only used this a few times, after workouts. Not sure if it does anything, but I do notice my redness goes down after I eat it.

Copper Peptides -
    Added to a cream. Is improving my skin tone and has gotten rid of my blackheads.

Gelatine -
    We all know what this does Question - does anyone else use the Great Lakes one? I have some leftover, but I don't really like it. It's hard to make jello with, for some reason..?

Other things I take intermittently (when I feel the urge):

Mg - doesn't do anything for me
    Chromium - no idea why I even have this!
    Aloe Vera juice - not helpful when you've got IBS-D
    Alfalfa - meant to be a collagen building block. I've noticed it speeds up my metabolism.

Also, here's a nice summery song for y'all. Sounds like a 90's Ibiza Club tune, but it's actually pretty recent.

- Ray Peat

Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    You dont go to bed fat from bloating and constipation, its because you are supposed to stuff yourself until your belly is completely full. If anyone is getting bloating from fruit, try eating it alone as a mono meal. It also is crazy awesome for poopin.
    Tell me about it... I haven't stopped since I started eating this way!

- Ray Peat

Just like my granddad
    He must be a stellar individual! lol