Page 144 of 244 FirstFirst ... 4494134142143144145146154194 ... LastLast
Results 1,431 to 1,440 of 2434

Thread: This is not a lobe song page 144

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Primal Fuel
    Ombat, you reminded me of a few things: I Am Sam made me cry too (my brother has Down's syndrome so it was a little close to home), I never want to see it again! I liked the newer Pride & Prejudice, but love the one with Alan Rickman. I also liked the new-ish Jane Eyre, but I find Michael Fassbender attractive sooo... Definitely one of my favorite books.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

diene is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Graycat View Post
    Di, I promise I had not seen that. We were also typing simultaneously, looks like.
    What a coincidence! I always liked how the harp sounds and looks, but I can play like zero musical instruments so... Actually, I learned the violin briefly in the 6th grade, but I hated it.

Edited to add:

YB--I can't believe you don't like cookies and cream! It's one of my favorite ice cream flavors!!! I just can't eat it anymore because of the gluten. Ombat is weird too--caramel ice cream is yum!

I don't walk under ladders either.
    Last edited by diene; 07-30-2013 at 11:42 AM.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    What book have you attempted to read several times but have never been able to finish?
    Primal Blueprint
    If you could have a drink with someone from history who would it be?
    Hitler
    Why did neither of these surprise me?

Also, tell me about not sleeping for five days?!

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    My grandfather. I don't really care that much about dead celebrities.
    Great answer.

Quote Originally Posted by diene View Post
    In what way are you superstitious?
    I think I might believe in ghosts.
    It's not superstition... BOO!

What is your favorite book?
    A Song of Ice and Fire--I love the entire series although books 1-3 are better than 4-5. And when is book six going to come out?!

Did you ever want to change your name? If is to what?
    Yes, and I did. My mom named me Michelle. I subsequently changed my name, and you know what I changed it to. I kept Michelle as my middle name though, and sometimes I still go by it, just to confuse others and myself.
    I agree - I didn't like book four as much at all... I'm on book five right now - I like it so far!

You changed your name?! How did you mum react to that?

Oh, this is hard. Can't decide. Richard Feynman--but only if I also get to have sex with him (and, obviously, it would have to be Feynman when he was in his thirties or early forties, not when he's an old man. If it's strictly drinks, I'll have to think more about it. Woodrow Wilson--but only if I get to shoot him.

What musical interments do you wish you could play?
    Harp
    Harp? I find the sound very relaxing.
    I was going to say the harp! It's such a feminine instrument. Too cumbersome though. (Unlike a piano )

Here's something you both might enjoy:

What book have you attempted to read several times but have never been able to finish?
    "Les MisÚrables"
    lol - Gray, that's actually one of my favourite books! I've read it three times.. first time age 11! I was an odd child, yes...

Quote Originally Posted by ombat View Post
    What is the furthest north you have traveled?
    Alaska

What is the best costume you have worn?
    When I was 11 I dressed up for Halloween as "bipolar" and I made the costume myself. Half of me was in black, ratty hair, dark makeup; and the other half wore pink, pigtail, etc.

I did. Sort of.
    You win the prize of furthest north! Finally - someone who's been to Alaska! What's it like? Any pics?

And the prize for best costume

How have you changed your name...?

YB--I can't believe you don't like cookies and cream! It's one of my favorite ice cream flavors!!! I just can't eat it anymore because of the gluten.
    I just don't get it! It's so underwhelming to me. Probably cos' it's not sweet enough... my favourite used to be B and J chocolate fudge brownie
    Last edited by YogaBare; 07-30-2013 at 12:23 PM.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

ombat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    You win the prize of furthest north! Finally - someone who's been to Alaska! What's it like? Any pics?

And the prize for best costume

How have you changed your name...?
    It was beautiful.... lots of ice... and huskies We visited a glacier by helicopter and I remember the water deep in the crevices to be the deepest and most crystalline blue I had ever seen naturally occurring in nature . All photos were taken with a film camera (it was 13 years ago) so if they haven't been thrown out they're somewhere in a box at my mom's house. I'll dig around for them next time I'm there.

It was awesome. I will have to find a photo of that one as well!

Emma is shortened from my given name....My slave name -__- Kidding. But it wasn't a "natural" nickname. I began introducing myself as Emma when I moved to WA. Family and friends from LA still call me by my full name and it's weird. I don't associate.
    Is it weird in here, or is it just me?

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    OMG Homeward Bound haha. Def. made me cry as a kid. Shaadddooowwww! I have a stuffed toy named Shadow (it still lives at my parents' house).

YB, chocolate fudge brownie is DEFINITEly the best. Except for peppermint from a Maine-based ice cream brand.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    It was beautiful.... lots of ice... and huskies We visited a glacier by helicopter and I remember the water deep in the crevices to be the deepest and most crystalline blue I had ever seen naturally occurring in nature . All photos were taken with a film camera (it was 13 years ago) so if they haven't been thrown out they're somewhere in a box at my mom's house. I'll dig around for them next time I'm there.

It was awesome. I will have to find a photo of that one as well!

Emma is shortened from my given name....My slave name -__- Kidding. But it wasn't a "natural" nickname. I began introducing myself as Emma when I moved to WA. Family and friends from LA still call me by my full name and it's weird. I don't associate.
    Sounds speshul... Looking forward to seeing the pics!

Here's Joe with the weather

So, weirdly... I'm feeling good about my body these last few days! After my melt down last week I decided to cut calories again, and it's been going surprisingly well. Something has happened to my hunger cues, and my portion control has improved. I'm eating about 1.8K - 2K, but weirdly, I seem to be losing... something. I hit a new low with the measuring tape yesterday. Normally I have to starve myself before I lose. Been sleeping well too.

Unfortunately, I'm still really bloated, still have the runs, and today have been ridiculously thirsty. Drank three litres of coconut water... that's 720 cals, just on fluids! Guess I drank a meal, ň la Ray Peat

Equalism
    I went to see "Before Midnight" last night. It's about a couple who had the most amazing love story. Now they're older, wrinklier, and a bit beaten down by life. The woman is neurotic, and always trying to change the man, and meanwhile the man accepts her, yet takes all the little things she does for granted. This makes her resent him, and want something better, this makes him feel that she wants too much . They're the stereotype of men and women in a relationship.

I hate stereotypes like that, because sometimes society actually pushes you to conform to a certain stereotype, and it's not who you really are. Men and women who have strong ideas about what it means to be a man or woman actually further enforce these gender divisions. Men who come from homes where the mother did everything for them behave a certain way, and their partner suddenly finds themselves nagging about dirty dishes, or things that they really don't care about. Women who grew up with over-romanticised ideas of love project that onto their partners and make them feel inadequate and / or that women expect too much.

So much of who we are and what we perceive, is down to conditioning.

I would love to just be true to myself, to not be influenced by what people expect me to be based on my gender, age, appearance. But that subtle judgement does emerge, and pushes all of us into boxes.

Music
    Discovered this song this morning and I really like it. The music video is a mis of clips from the film "Factory Girl". Did anyone see it? It got terrible reviews, but I thought was great.

Last edited by YogaBare; 07-30-2013 at 02:02 PM.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

diene is offline Senior Member
    Lol @ wanting to have sex with Richard Feynman.
    Yeah, ever since I read some of his books, it's been a dream of mine.

I agree - I didn't like book four as much at all... I'm on book five right now - I like it so far!

You changed your name?! How did you mum react to that?
    Yeah, book 5 is better than 4 but not as good as 1-3, IMO.

My mom didn't really react. I think by that point she had already given up on trying to control me. She became more zen about everything as she got older.
    Last edited by diene; 07-30-2013 at 01:56 PM.

badgergirl is online now Senior Member
    okay...I'll bite!

What subject do you wish you had paid more attention to in school?
    All of them, really. I'm a B student who could be an A student if only I applied myself...but I never do. <sigh>

What is your idea of heaven? A day in bed with someone(s) special, a good book, snacks, music...and no interruptions.

What music do you and you father/mother have in common? none that I can think of. My mother likes new-age woo and my father likes big band and jazz standards.

In what way are you superstitious? I try not to be.

What musical interments do you wish you could play? Piano

What is your favorite book? Just one? Too hard.

What is the worst flavor of ice cream? Bubblegum

What is the furthest north you have traveled? Only Scotland

Where were you in life 10 years ago? Urban and childfree

What is the best costume you have worn? Bo Peep at playschool

Did you ever want to change your name? If is to what? I'm on my third name now - this is the first time I've chosen for myself.

What was the first concert you went to see? Tori Amos Under The Pink

What book have you attempted to read several times but have never been able to finish? The Waves by Virginia Woolf

If you could have a drink with someone from history who would it be? Vita Sackville West

What is the worst physical pain you have ever been in? I got hit by a car.

What color underwear are you wearing?Red and black - oh the cliche (it's actually rather lovely with poppies embroidered on the fabric, but there).

What do you do to impress someone you are attracted to? I've never managed that. Although husband knew I was the one when I overfilled his glass of wine.

What do you miss from your childhood? Financial security.

What is the saddest movie? Breaking the Waves is pretty devastating.

What is the longest you have been without sleeping? three days

What word do you love the sound of? yiff

What is the best adaptation of a book to a movie? I prefer books, but there was a magnificent stage adaptation of The Mill on The Floss a few years ago.

What movie can you watch over and over again? Highlander (ha! bet you weren't expecting that)

What do you have an irrational fear of? being left

If you had to move what city would you like to live in? I quite fancy Boston
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm and (in development) Vanguard!

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Why did neither of these surprise me?

Also, tell me about not sleeping for five days?!
    Insomnia, that was from when I was eating VLC and lots of nut butters. Literally could not sleep at all. I felt an intense disassociation from the world. I would be in a place that I never remember even going to, and would doze off from like a minute at a time. Now, at least at my worst I can get 3 hours of sleep.

I've had bad insomnia before too, but mostly I'd crash out at 3 days. When I was a teenager, sometimes I'd stay up a few days intentionally when I really wanted to beat a video game.
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    What subject do you wish you had paid more attention to in school?
    Probably math.... since I use it everyday in my job

What is your idea of heaven?
    Physically? Texas.... Metaphysically? Hard to put in to words as they are inadequate

What music do you and you father/mother have in common?
    Both kinds... Country AND Western

In what way are you superstitious?
    Nope

I play the spoons pretty well... I'm happy with that

What is your favorite book?
    There are too many books to try and narrow it to one.

What is the worst flavor of ice cream?
    Broccoli... I HATE broccoli

What is the furthest north you have traveled?
    The North Pole... No, Virginia, There is no Santa Claus (at the North Pole)

Where were you in life 10 years ago?
    Pretty much right where I am today, but making more money doing it

What is the best costume you have worn?
    Went to a Halloween party dressed as a Headsman once.....

Nope

What was the first concert you went to see?
    As old as I am.... I think it was Grok's original rock concert....

Lets see.... Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Judges and a few others... Proverbs is pretty cool though

William Wallace.... No relation to George

What is the worst physical pain you have ever been in?
    Gallbladder pain was worse than the broken bones

What color underwear are you wearing?
    Commando

What do you do to impress someone you are attracted to?
    Comb my hair? At my age, it's hard to impress anyone....

What do you miss from your childhood?
    Just about all of it

What is the saddest movie?

What is the longest you have been without sleeping?
    2 days.... paranoid patients don't sleep, and being their healthcare provider in an enclosed atmosphere, neither do you....

What word do you love the sound of?
    Bacon

What is the best adaptation of a book to a movie?
    The Lord of the Rings was pretty good....

What movie can you watch over and over again?
    See above

What do you have an irrational fear of?
    Almost all of my fears have a very rational basis

If you had to move what city would you like to live in?
    Prefer living in the country...... city folks get pissy when you till your garden at midnight