Page 14 of 244 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464114 ... LastLast

Thread: This is not a lobe song page 14

PaleoMom is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    So true... same goes for beauty. Just creates a value system within the person that if they're not beautiful or thin then they have nothing.

Personally it's making aging very difficult. I'm very conscious that I don't get as many compliments about my appearance anymore. I've tried to console myself with my fading looks by thinking that at least I had control over my body... HA!
    I went to the liqueur store yesterday. I didn't get carded. Life goes on though, right?

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    E.M.T.W.L

Entry Twenty: Smaller, Slower, Stronger

Today was the first day implementing the "eat smaller, more frequent meals when I'm hungry."

I've got some very deep conditioning about eating three times a day, and finishing everything on my plate. I'm hoping that the freedom to eat when I want will also give me the freedom to stop eating when I'm full cos' I know there'll be another opportunity to eat whenever I need to.

Sleep:
    When I was falling asleep last night I had a very strange experience. I became aware that my headboard was slightly vibrating against the wall. I put my hand to my heart and realised then that it was beating extremely heavily. Not fast: just heavy. Heavy enough to cause a tremor in the bed. The beat also wasn't regular... almost like it was skipping.

But anyway, slept well! 12.00 - 7.30am Probably could have slept later but I had to work early today.

Digestion
    Fine.

Skin
    Think nails are getting stronger and the small spot breakout is disappearing.
    Flushed very easily doing Yoga.
    Skin has been tight lately, but it was really dry today. Hate to say it but... I think I need more fat!

Food
    Screen Shot 2013-04-05 at 00.02.51.jpg

Breakfast: 9.30am; Lunch: 1pm; Snack: 2pm (1/3 mango); Snack:4.30pm (Banana, Fruit and yogurt); Dinner: 7pm; Snack: 9.30pm (Orange); Snack: 11.30pm (Banana).

Loved doing the small meals. It's a totally different mentality. Normally I'm seeking that stuffed feeling, cos I'm worried I'll get hungry again before next meal time. It felt so liberating to know that I could snack whenever I wanted, and that I didn't have to stuff all my food into one sitting. It made me want to eat til I was satisfied, and not a bite more. It made me realise how stressful I find it to eat huge portions. Weird, considering I'm a binger.

And at the end of the day:
    I'm excited about the small meals, but I'm aware that there are difficulties with it (inconvenience) and also that it's liberating effect might just be the elixir of a new approach. The first day of doing something is often roses. I remember my first low carb day... Thought I had stumbled upon the second secret of Fatima... HA!

William Adolphe Bouguereau "Vierge Consolatrice".jpg
    (In honour of Fatima {and all the Bible threads}).
    Last edited by YogaBare; 04-13-2013 at 03:01 AM.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

badgergirl is online now Senior Member
    Thought I had stumbled upon the second secret of Fatima... HA!
    I had to Google that one, being the product of a lapsed Catholic. Although, I'm very familiar with the Holy Stone of Clonrichert
    Last edited by badgergirl; 04-04-2013 at 04:37 PM. Reason: that would be an ecumenical matter
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm and (in development) Vanguard!

Quote Originally Posted by badgergirl View Post
    I had to Google that one, being the product of a lapsed Catholic. Although, I'm very familiar with the Holy Stone of Clonrichert
    You made me realise I actually had no idea what the second secret was...
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    ei gurl I'll compliment you all day long you're hot

also, it could be worse, I still get carded for cigs in my mid 20s ;_; no man wants to be carded for cigarettes in their mid 20s...
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    ei gurl I'll compliment you all day long you're hot

also, it could be worse, I still get carded for cigs in my mid 20s ;_; no man wants to be carded for cigarettes in their mid 20s...
    Awww... Thanks Derp

Today's Rumi quote:

"If light is in your heart, you will find your way home."

and this one... more age appropriate :

"Apart from Love, everything passes away.
    The way to heaven is in your heart."
    Last edited by YogaBare; 04-05-2013 at 11:00 AM.

- Ray Peat

E.M.T.W.L

Entry Twenty One: Eating like Prey

Sleep:
    1am - 7am.
    Went to bed last night thinking of breakfast. That's not a good sign for me - it usually means I'm depriving myself. I only ate 2k cals yest...

"only ate 2k cals yest"? That's one thing I never thought I'd say

Digestion
    Good.

Skin
    Better, but seeing the hint of dermatitis on my knuckles. To rectify it, I ate a tablespoon of coconut oil... from a SPOON! Ha. The high carbers are probably freaking at that, but I actually love the taste! And it makes a big difference to my skin.

Food
    Screen Shot 2013-04-06 at 00.09.52.jpg

Breakfast: 7am
    Snack (berries and coconut milk): 11.15am
    Snack (banana): 12pm
    Lunch (broth): 2pm
    Snack (Orange): 4.30pm
    Snack (cucumber): 5.30pm
    Dinner: 7pm
    Snack: 9.30pm

Second day of grazing. So far, I love it. It's so nice to snack and not feel guilty; to eat and not feel like I've got to stuff myself to get me through to my next eating window.

I think I'm getting a lot more sensitive to the rhythms of my body. The last two days I've been very satisfied with small portions of food; then tonight I ate a lot. I made an amazing (if I do say so myself!) Thai yellow curry with prawns, and I ate a huuuge portion of it. I'm starting to understand that my body wants different things at different times. Tonight it needed a huge meal, but tomorrow it won't (or it might!).

And at the end of the day:
    On average I think my calories are dropping. I actually stepped on the scale today and I'm down a kilo (2.2 lbs) since last week.

I've also been exercising more and more each day, and over the last few days I feel a buoyancy in my body that I haven't felt for ages. Usually when I'm in good shape I'm constantly bending, kicking, stretching. Without being too hippie about it, I really experience my body. I've been doing that over the last few days, but I havent felt that kind of freedom in my body since last July, when I started to relapse. I thought it was cos' I had put on fat, but now I'm thinking that it's something else. Stress? Inflammation? Who knows...

Actually, I feel remarkably unstressed at the moment. It's the regular sleep, the regular eating, being at home... but mostly I think it's the journalling. I've never talked about this issue at length before, and I think putting it into words, riding through this experiment, and most especially getting support from so many amazing people is helping me so much.

I'm actually a bit scared about going back to London on Tuesday. While I do feel relaxed, I also feel pathetically fragile. I started crying talking to a friend yesterday, for no reason at all, and I'm pretty firey. I can fly off the handle quite easily, and then I hate myself for it. It's safe here. Safe and isolated. That's not really life though, is it?

Sometimes you live by healing, but sometimes you heal by living.
    maori-tattoo-designs-for girls.jpg
    Prey.
    Last edited by YogaBare; 04-13-2013 at 03:01 AM.

- Ray Peat

Zach is offline Banned
    Great post! Dont have much to add except I eat coconut oil straight up too. And how was derp lucky enough to see a pic! No fair.

Keep up the great work. If things are going really well then maybe you should stay longer? Dont know your obligations but you shouldnt have to live your life by anyone elses standards, just do what feels right at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    Great post! Dont have much to add except I eat coconut oil straight up too. And how was derp lucky enough to see a pic! No fair.

Keep up the great work. If things are going really well then maybe you should stay longer? Dont know your obligations but you shouldnt have to live your life by anyone elses standards, just do what feels right at the moment.
    Ha - the photo Derp saw was taken before I gained these all this weight..!

I would love to stay home longer but I'm teaching Yoga in London on Tuesday. But I totally agree with you about not living life by other people's standards: it's funny how easily you can fall into it, irrespective of what path in life you have taken...

- Ray Peat

Zach is offline Banned
    Ha - the photo Derp saw was taken before I gained these all this weight..!

I would love to stay home longer but I'm teaching Yoga in London on Tuesday. But I totally agree with you about not living life by other people's standards: it's funny how easily you can fall into it, irrespective of what path in life you have taken...
    The whole 8 pounts? :P

To be a yoga teacher do you have to go to India to study? I have been doing yoga lately its it really is interesting with how much history it has. All the teachers i have been to also have gone to India.