Results 1,331 to 1,340 of 2351

Thread: This is not a lobe song

Threaded View

This is not a lobe song

I started this journal for the reasons you see below, but it evolved in a way I didn't expect. This journal documents the entire process by which I recovered from an eating disorder that was ruining my life. Day by day, you can see the evolution in my thoughts and behaviours, as I gain clarity and gradually heal.

Over the last few months I've gotten a lot of PMs and messages from people suffering from EDs, saying how much reading this has helped them. The journal has gotten looong, so if I could sum up what I've learned it would be:

EDs are psychological and physiological.

- The first step to combatting an ED is to take yourself off a restrictive diet and make sure you're getting enough carbs and protein.
    - Get your hormones checked. In this journal I discover I have a health condition, and the diagnosis changed my life.
    - After that, read a self-help book or two. Learning about psychology has helped me understand myself and others, has increased my empathy and generally made life easier. It's very empowering to understand your subconscious fears, and how these drive us.

Don't be a stranger!

------
    ------
    03-17-2013

I'm crap at keeping journals, but I've decided I'd like to document my journey to perfection. Ha No.

The biggest impediments to living a fruitful life are within me. My battles are with depression, an eating disorder, insomnia. And, most lately, wrinkles This journal is about me experimenting with new ideas to try and find what works for me.

Problem is that I'm notoriously crap at seeing any experiments through! I'm hoping that keeping a journal will motivate me to stick with things. (It should really have the word "Fad" in the title, but I'm a slave to subject lines with song references... and typos

Disclaimer: Enter with a bag of sea salt. I'm usually wrong about everything.

Last edited by YogaBare; 09-09-2013 at 12:10 AM.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat