Page 134 of 244 FirstFirst ... 3484124132133134135136144184234 ... LastLast
Results 1,331 to 1,340 of 2434

Thread: This is not a lobe song page 134

brooke.S. is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I'm sure it just water on your hips. Do you always measure before and after?

You could try calorie cycling and see. Maybe just cut the fat back more a few days a week?

Are you eating more cheese since you're not drinking milk? How much protein do you think you get a day? I've heard that gelatin doesn't technically count toward protein requirements because its not a complete protein. I think I read a Ray Peat article stating that it isn't metabolized. It said something like that anyway.

What we have faith in affects our actions. When I have a positive outlook, I even carry myself different. Right now, I'm trying to think only good things. I'm looking into my future and seeing things as I would like them to be, instead of how they are now. I believe that somewhere in the future my life is a whole lot better than it is right now.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ombat View Post
    You should give me some tips. I think we have similar body types, no?? Thin limbs, curvy waist/hips. I only seem to accentuate it (skinny jeans... I know we've discussed this). I know I look best in dresses and skirts, or skinny pants/tights with a long top (or short dress) to cover my thighs.
    I've got a smallish waist and reasonably long legs, so high waisted mini skirts are my secret weapon They cover the top of the thighs, breeze over the hips, and taper in at the waist. I also like black leggings... And dresses. But I can't wear baggy ones cos they just make me look big.

Btw, weren't you wearing skinny jeans when we met? I thought you looked great! You definitely don't have disproportionate thighs.

Quote Originally Posted by brooke.S. View Post
    I'm sure it just water on your hips. Do you always measure before and after?

You could try calorie cycling and see. Maybe just cut the fat back more a few days a week?

Are you eating more cheese since you're not drinking milk? How much protein do you think you get a day? I've heard that gelatin doesn't technically count toward protein requirements because its not a complete protein. I think I read a Ray Peat article stating that it isn't metabolized. It said something like that anyway.

What we have faith in affects our actions. When I have a positive outlook, I even carry myself different. Right now, I'm trying to think only good things. I'm looking into my future and seeing things as I would like them to be, instead of how they are now. I believe that somewhere in the future my life is a whole lot better than it is right now.
    Oh, I've already been cycling calories for a week or two: thats the problem My fat intake is under 40gs per day. Protein is usually 100gs or more (cottage cheese, fish etc). Carbs vary a lot, depending on how much I eat...

It probably is water, so maybe I am losing tiny bits of fat along the way... And yes, I measure a few times a day But it's out of curiosity these days, not compulsion.

You know, I've tried the positive thinking thing for years, but I never really got it. I would focus so hard on thinking positively that I would make myself deluded! I think the difference is that it's better not to think at all - to just feel that you're in a safe space, where things are going to work out. My colleague described it as "a rich space" and I thought that was perfect!
    Last edited by YogaBare; 07-17-2013 at 11:32 AM.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

ombat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    I've got a smallish waist and reasonably long legs, so high waisted mini skirts are my secret weapon They cover the top of the thighs, breeze over the hips, and taper in at the waist. I also like black leggings... And dresses. But I can't wear baggy ones cos they just make me look big.
    Same here, on all accounts (my legs aren't actually long, they just look so because they're thin). I have a tiny waist but since I'm curvy, loose fitting / baggy clothing look terrible. I love high waisted skirts and dresses.

Btw, weren't you wearing skinny jeans when we met? I thought you looked great! You definitely don't have disproportionate thighs.
    Awww, stop it! Yes, I was. I was wearing a bit longer-ish top too.
    Is it weird in here, or is it just me?

Graycat is offline Senior Member
    First, I agree with what everyone else is saying, you have an amazing looking figure. I honestly don't think you need to lose weight.
    I'm not sure I'm all on board with the calorie cycling thing you mentioned. Are you sure you want to get caught into a 'protocol' like that?
    Not that I'm against calorie cycling, per se but personally, I would just continue with the workout routine and just kinda, sorta keep an eye on my calories. Just my 2 cents worth...

I love the positive outlook. Not in an obnoxious, annoying way of course that makes people wanna smack me But I like being positive. This is kindof the hen/egg dilemma. Does positive events taking place in your life bring the positivity out, or is it the other way around? Ha!

Oh seriously... you're being too nice Thanks so much for saying that. I was just wearing flattering clothes though. I'm prob 23% bf: I don't want that.

Yeah, the calorie cycling doesnt seem to be doing anything except effect my sleep. I was feeling great just eating what I wanted, so I might go back to that. Hard to give up counting once you start again though!

i think it's a cyclical thing, but events can only change your mind temporarily; whereas changing your mind can change your life permanently
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

diene is offline Senior Member
    When you say you don't sleep well, what do you mean? I think you mentioned at one point that you wake up in the middle of the night (as opposed to not being able to fall asleep). Is this still the case?

When you got all those blood tests, did you get your cortisol level tested? I can't remember. Was your cortisol level normal? The reason I ask is cuz high cortisol can cause sleep problems. I used to have trouble getting to sleep, especially if I'm going to bed on an empty stomach. I would also be more awake at night, when I'm supposed to be going to bed. Ever since I started taking rhodiola, I haven't had trouble getting to sleep at all! I think the quality of my sleep has also improved.

I take it at night because it lowers cortisol levels, and cortisol levels are supposed to go down at night. Even if I take it an hour before bed, it works. Actually, I think if you take it continuously, it just regulates your cortisol levels in general because now even if I skip a day or two, it still works. And I don't get those afternoon energy crashes anymore. (Those crashes were apparently caused by not getting enough sleep.)

Quote Originally Posted by diene View Post
    When you say you don't sleep well, what do you mean? I think you mentioned at one point that you wake up in the middle of the night (as opposed to not being able to fall asleep). Is this still the case?

When you got all those blood tests, did you get your cortisol level tested? I can't remember. Was your cortisol level normal? The reason I ask is cuz high cortisol can cause sleep problems. I used to have trouble getting to sleep, especially if I'm going to bed on an empty stomach. I would also be more awake at night, when I'm supposed to be going to bed. Ever since I started taking rhodiola, I haven't had trouble getting to sleep at all! I think the quality of my sleep has also improved.

I take it at night because it lowers cortisol levels, and cortisol levels are supposed to go down at night. Even if I take it an hour before bed, it works. Actually, I think if you take it continuously, it just regulates your cortisol levels in general because now even if I skip a day or two, it still works. And I don't get those afternoon energy crashes anymore. (Those crashes were apparently caused by not getting enough sleep.)
    For the last few weeks it's taken me more than an hour to get to sleep each night, and then once I fall asleep I toss and turn and wake up frequently, and then wake up at 5am and can't get back to sleep. I'm not refreshed when I wake (this morning I was looking for milk for my coffee and realised I put it in the microwave...!)

My cortisol was high - not massively, but still high. But apparently this is all tied in with Oestrogen dominance.

Carbing up really helps me. But it's annoying to think that unless I get enough carbs, I won't sleep. I suppose I could try another supplement

Btw, have you stopped JUDD?

- Ray Peat

I was actually really surprised that the rhodiola worked so well--that it worked at all, i.e., did anything noticeable. You could try it. Maybe it'll help.

I'm still doing JUDDD. Not really losing weight though, or maybe losing reeeally slowly. So slowly that it's not even noticeable. Haha, maybe. Who knows. So sick of nothing working. Still waiting for the Cynomel to get here.

But at least JUDDD is keeping me from gaining. I started gaining weight rapidly after I started crossfit. It was kinda scary, but at least I'm not gaining anymore.

Driedmango is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by diene View Post
    I started gaining weight rapidly after I started crossfit. It was kinda scary, but at least I'm not gaining anymore.
    Wouldn't that have just been muscle? Or did you actually feel/see measurements going up? I freaked out when i started lifting cause i gained a fair bit really quickly, but all my clothes fit the same.
    Attitudes are contagious, make yours worth catching.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Yeah, it was probably mostly muscle. But still, it was scary.

Sent from my LG-VM696 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app