Page 133 of 244 FirstFirst ... 3383123131132133134135143183233 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,330 of 2434

Thread: This is not a lobe song page 133

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ombat View Post
    P.S. soooo cute ^_^ and you have a lovely body (something I noticed in person). I would be very happy with my appearance if I were you.
    Aw seriously... you're all way too kind! I just think I dress quite well to suit my shape. And no woman is ever happy with their appearance, no matter what they look like!

Quote Originally Posted by Graycat View Post
    That sounds like the perfect date, Yo.
    I'm glad you think so too! It was the ideal for me, but I'm not really a wine+dine girl. I prefer being natural with people.

Tuesday, 16th July.

July, where are you going?

Nothing to report today except that I finally got a good night's sleep last night, I was less hungry today, and my skin suddenly looks amazing! You know the sad thing? I think it's the dopamine effect of being around someone I found sexually attractive Links please. Al I got was this: Chemicals That Fuel Your Sex Life - AskMen
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    Oh wow, I didn't realize it's halfway through already. I'm still trying to figure out where June went.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

diene is offline Senior Member
    Hah, if this persists, you'll also start losing weight. Nothing causes weight loss like beta-phenylethylamine--the substance that's released when you first start dating someone you're really attracted to. It's the substance that induces that euphoric feeling of being in love! beta-Phenylethylam... [Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry. 1984] - PubMed - NCBI

The Science of PEA

Apparently, you can buy it on Amazon. Haha!

brooke.S. is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post

Aw, thanks Brooke!

He's into the diet thing (or thought he was til we got talking ) so he found it interesting. I was casual about how I eat: just said I'm sick of cooking (which is true!) so I mostly eat fruit, cheese and jello Oh, and yes. He is hot! Totally my type.

THe OKC guy: I'll probably meet him again. He kind of pushed a kiss on me, which always annoys me a bit. Ususually if you kiss them on date one, they think it gives them a licence to maul you on date two: which is usually when I'm figuring out if I like them at all. He'll be more proactive than the yoga guy, I'm sure.

Have you been on any dates lately?
    No dates in a very long time. But I think I'm ready now.... but I wasn't 2 days ago. lol Maybe I'll have some stories to share soon too. Until then, I'll just read about your love life.

Quote Originally Posted by diene View Post
    The Science of PEA

Maybe this is what I need. I'm such a supplement junkie!

diene is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by brooke.S. View Post
    Maybe this is what I need. I'm such a supplement junkie!
    Hah! I don't think it's good to mess with the one chemical that gives you that being in love euphoria though. Imagine if you developed a tolerance to it, you may never be able to fall in love again. That would suck.

Eww... Didn't think if that.

The thought of wanting to meet somebody recently has popped into my head bc I know weight loss goes hand in hand. Kind of a silly reason for wanting to date/fall in love. Haha

Quote Originally Posted by diene View Post
    Hah, if this persists, you'll also start losing weight. Nothing causes weight loss like beta-phenylethylamine--the substance that's released when you first start dating someone you're really attracted to. It's the substance that induces that euphoric feeling of being in love! beta-Phenylethylam... [Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry. 1984] - PubMed - NCBI

The Science of PEA

That is just too funny....!

Quote Originally Posted by brooke.S. View Post
    Eww... Didn't think if that.

The thought of wanting to meet somebody recently has popped into my head bc I know weight loss goes hand in hand. Kind of a silly reason for wanting to date/fall in love. Haha
    Don't worry - I've often thought that Lots of women slim up once they meet a guy. The weight always comes back on for me though.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Okay, I have to confess that I'm not feeling too hot right now. I mean, on average I'm still feeling better than before: exercising probably five days a week, feeling much more positive etc. But some things have changed for the worst in the last two weeks:

Sleep
    I'm not sleeping properly again. I've deciphered that if I eat less than 300gs of carbs I don't sleep properly! Doesn't matter what my total calories are. This also coincides with more stress at work, but I'm pretty sure it's the food.

And I'm not sure if I'm losing weight with the calorie cycling. This morning my hips were at a new low, but as soon as I ate they popped back out. So, I'm potentially losing weight, and definitely losing sleep. To calorie cycle or not? That is the question

I started counting calories again last week, so I might put up what I've been eating versus how I've been sleeping, to get opinions....

Stomach
    BMs have been pretty terrible for the last week or so. In that: I've had the runs pretty much every day. It's so annoying: I either can't go at all, or else I don't stop. Fucking IBS! I guess I'll start taking more Aloe Vera juice to see if it helps.

Bloating
    I'm making headway here. The low milk is working, so I haven't been that bloated lately.

Today, I discovered that persimmons definitely affect me adversely. A few months ago I ate one and I immediately swelled up. I didn't eat any for months, til Saturday. Swelled up, and had the runs the next day. Ate two for breakfast today: swelled up, had the runs.

Positives
    - Body is getting firmer
    - Libido is coming back (I think)
    - In general have a lot more energy

Also, just wanted to share something on

The power of positive thinking
    Since I got into a good headspace in the last few weeks, lots of positive things have happened. I'm working with an amazing guy, I'm nearly finished a five year project, I started dating again, I cut a very negative draining friend out of my life (sorry if that's harsh). I feel like I've gotten into a rich space within me, and from here good things continue to happen. Really reminds me of how important your perspective is in shaping your life.

AND - this:

Food Art
    Last edited by YogaBare; 07-17-2013 at 11:21 AM.

- Ray Peat

ombat is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    Aw seriously... you're all way too kind! I just think I dress quite well to suit my shape. And no woman is ever happy with their appearance, no matter what they look like!
    You should give me some tips. I think we have similar body types, no?? Thin limbs, curvy waist/hips. I only seem to accentuate it (skinny jeans... I know we've discussed this). I know I look best in dresses and skirts, or skinny pants/tights with a long top (or short dress) to cover my thighs.
    Is it weird in here, or is it just me?