Page 131 of 244 FirstFirst ... 3181121129130131132133141181231 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,310 of 2434

Thread: This is not a lobe song page 131

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now

Amazing ALan Watts on near-death / transcendental experiences.

"The reason we die is to give us the opportunity to understand what life's all about - by letting go, our natural consciousness can see clearly what this Universe is for."
    Last edited by YogaBare; 07-14-2013 at 02:36 AM.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

diene is offline Senior Member
    Wow, that sounds intense, YB. (Not the Alan Watts--I haven't watched it yet, but the story about the Austrian guy.) I've always had a hard time moving to another place for a guy. Actually, I've never been able to do it, even where the guy is close to perfect and there isn't any kind of power play going on.

In some sense though, it is rational to be afraid of getting involved, giving things up, only to have it not work out. After all, that's what I've done--haha! And it sucks. But you can't let fear dictate your life, and I know you know that.

Did you tell him about your plan to move to the U.S.? If so, what did he think about it?

ombat is offline Senior Member
    Hey girl, my first time checking the forum since Friday so I just read your story.

It is difficult feeling so strongly towards and loving someone who might not be "good" for us. At some point is it possible that you fell in love with the turmoil and uncertainty surrounding the relationship between you two? That seems evidenced by the fact of you seeing him again and realizing he wasn't the person you'd thought him to be / your feelings were no longer the same as they were. Is it possible that there were factors clouding your judgment when you first met many years ago and that you are a different person now and able to see things more clearly? From what you've described of his wavering back and forth he is either extremely capricious or has zero respect for your feelings by constantly being dishonest with you.
    Is it weird in here, or is it just me?

Thanks for your replies ladies! I really appreciate them. I felt silly writing it all out, but it was kind of cleansing.

Made see see even more clearly that my "soul mate"... is a dope Back then I was into "tortured" guys because they expressed everything I bottled inside, and I thought they would understand me. But really, he in particular, is completely self absorbed: something I didn't realise til I went to visit him in Feb. It was kind of the moment when I realised how much I'd changed. I'm finding myself attracted to different kinds of guys since then.

Quote Originally Posted by diene View Post
    Did you tell him about your plan to move to the U.S.? If so, what did he think about it?
    He asked me to move to Germany Aint gonna happen: I can see the future here.

Quote Originally Posted by ombat View Post
    he is either extremely capricious or has zero respect for your feelings by constantly being dishonest with you.
    Completely both..!

How was your holiday hon>?>

Monday, 14th July

Energy and mood
    Well, all good things must end, and unfortunately I've been really tired for the last week I'm tired for most of the day, and need to take afternoon naps.

It's mostly because since I started reducing my calories my sleep has gone to shit. I'm not even cutting severely: most days I'm up around 1,800-2K. For certain now, I can't sleep properly unless I have 300gs of carbs a day.

Mood has been okay actually.

Body
    Really not handling alcohol well atm.

Not losing any inches, but because of the working out I'm definitely building muscle, which is something at least. I never knew losing weight was so hard! It always just fell off when I starved myself I'm trying to be patient, and hoping the exercise will help eventually.

Love Life
    I actually wrote a huge post on Friday about all the fucked up things that have happened to me sexually, and then I decided it was waaaay tmi and deleted it. But it was really therapeutic to write everything down. If I still feel like I'm HITTing a brick wall in a few weeks I might write it again, because it would probably be helpful, but right now I'll just keep going the way I'm going.

Anyway, I went on a date last night! It was the first date I've been on since January. The guy was someone I met on OKCupid: a Chilean guy. He was actually lovely, we had a little smooch at the end. Tonight I'm going on another date... with this yoga guy from a few weeks ago! But I'm not holding my breath: his inability to reply to text messages less than 24 hours after the fact is kind of a turn off.

I'm kind of negative about dating, in case you couldn't tell

Pretty dress, or edgy and cool?
    Last edited by YogaBare; 07-15-2013 at 10:37 AM.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

ombat is offline Senior Member
    Funny how writing things out and looking at them more "objectively" brings so much clarity. And look atchoo! Gettin back in the game! I hope Yoga guy isn't a flake. Do you think you'll go out again with the Chilean guy?

Thank you for asking! I've been having a great time - lots of perspective changes which I hope to sustain when I get back to WA but have little hope for sure I'll write about it eventually. Tbh I think taking a complete break from the forum was therapeutic.
    Is it weird in here, or is it just me?

diene is offline Senior Member
    Pretty dress! (But I always like pretty dresses so I'm biased. )

Graycat is offline Senior Member
    Interesting story about the Austrian guy. It's very interesting how we meet certain people again after a long time apart and we realize they are not exactly who we thought they were. They seem much different all of a sudden.

Do write the tmi post again if and when you feel up to it

Have fun date tonite. I vote cool and edgy.

I've gone for a combo

Honestly, does the skirt look too small?! I barely managed to pull it on... I still have time to change

Funny asking my internet friends for clothing advice - LOL. The alternative is ask my alcoholic housemate...

- Ray Peat

Graycat is offline Senior Member
    It looks fine to me. Does it feel comfortable on?

Looks awesome!

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Doesn't look too small to me. I would say wear what makes you feel the most confident.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).