Page 130 of 244 FirstFirst ... 3080120128129130131132140180230 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,300 of 2434

Thread: This is not a lobe song page 130

diene is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Drinking lots of coffee shouldn't be too hard. Thanks, Dr. Derp!

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by diene View Post
    Oh, thanks for making me more paranoid and crazier than I already am! That's the best argument against running I've seen.

Now, aside from worrying about high cortisol, I also have to worry about "runner's face."

From the article: "As we get older it is advisable to carry a little more weight that you would have done when younger, in order to avoid exaggerating the signs of premature aging on our faces. " Okay, that's it. I'm going to stop trying to lose weight.
    Di, one thing that really helps with facial sagging is facial brushing! Seriously. I have a little boar bristle brush, and whenever I use it consistently on my face it's definitely less puffy. It tightens the skin and stimulates cell renewal.

The reason I posted the article is cos I've definitely noticed a little double chin forming since I started running, but I bet it's just fluid retention and the brushing will sort it out.

Wrinkles are the never ending battle... I'm hoping the progesterone will help mine, but if I use the oil I have on my face my eyes get dry. If I lived in the States I would order this one: https://www.smokymountainnaturals.co...esterone-cream I've been told it works on wrinkles.

Quote Originally Posted by Nstocks View Post
    Did you manage to get your temp up after stopping Diet recovery? (I have too)
    Glad to hear you've stopped it now! Tbh, my temperature didn't remotely improve during or after Diet recovery. I then embarked on a temperature reset experiment (you can read about it in this journal) which was really interesting, but then I realised I was getting obsessive and decided to forget about everything. Now I feel sane, and ready to get back in shape. I'm not worried about my body temp.

let me know in a few days if you're noticing a difference in your feet from the running - I really am!
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

diene is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, no way that facial sagging could start so quickly!

I don't think my face has started to sag yet, but I worry about it. And I wonder if the author of that article you linked to could tell that I run!

Hey, do you chart your cycle by taking your basal body temp, or do you just count from the first day of your period? I'm asking b/c the progesterone cream can only be used on certain days, and I think you've mentioned that you only take the Duphaston on certain days too. But is counting the days accurate enough?

If you haven't noticed it I bet you're fine I think there's a lot of fear mongering about exercise out there... The reality is that running is natural. Kids do it all day, every day... and they don't give a shit about technique!

My endo told me to count from the first day of my period. But my cycle was totally fucked last month, so once the Duphaston ran out I decided to take the progesterone cream, until I'm due to start the next course of Duphaston. I'm trying to miss a period to regulate things... it's complicated

Anyway, I'm meant to take Duphaston from day 16 of my cycle. Ray Peat recommends something similar with his cream.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Just an old-fashioned Love Song...

Coming down in a three part harmony.

Work (Yup - real life stuff)
    I wish I could share with you guys what I do for a living, but due to paranoia I'll have to leave it vague. BUT - this week has been a-m-a-z-i-n-g workwise, in that I'm coming to the end of a project which has spanned five years of my life, broken my heart and spirit (repeatedly), and cost me a fortune. And - I think it's going to be good!!! The feeling of nearly being finished is incredible. It's been such a burden for so long, and I can't believe I'm going to be free again!

Sups
    Back to the grind

2 x gelatine
    1 tbs Aloe Vera juice
    2 x Vit D 5000
    40 drops Vitex x 2
    6 drops Prog cream

Love life
    My love life (or lack of it) is complicated and I'm building towards writing about what happened, some day.

But I do have a story I'd like to share. Long and short of it: There's a guy in my life who I've been "friends" with for several years. We've never had sex, but the line between our friendship and "I want to spend the rest of my life with you" is... complicated.

We met in India several years ago, and had an electrifying connection, but nothing physical happened. It was an emotional level, where you have that feeling of deep familiarity and resonance with someone.

At the start he did try to kiss me, but we were in his room at night, he had no top on (and he is HOT), and I knew that if I kissed him we'd rip the rest of our clothes off, have sex, and I'd just end up repeating a pattern that I'd been stuck in for several years (more on this another time).

We ended up travelling together for nearly a month, spending all our time together, but "the moment" never happened again, much as I desired it. When we finally parted ways he was close to tears, and we did share a gentle kiss.

From that point on we emailed all the time, but when I eventually told him how I felt, he told me that he didn't feel the same way.

I was devastated - mostly by the idea that I was a deluded idiot, and I gradually stopped replying to the birage of emails he kept sending me.

Eventually he wrote to me and asked why he hadn't heard from me in so long (one month) and I told him I found the friendship too hard now, cos' it just reminded me of how deluded I was. Then, he admitted that he'd been in love with me all along, but that he hadn't wanted to admit it, even to himself, because we lived in different countries (he's Austrian) and he couldn't do long distance.

But, off the back of these new email exchanges, he planned to visit me in London, with a view to him moving here if it went well. Things did go well: it was one of the best weeks of my life, but nothing physical happened, again. When he arrived, he asserted "I've never loved you like that", before changing his mind again two days later, and then continuing this "giving some slack, reeling in" charade for the rest of the trip.

Argh, I'm getting angry just thinking about it! But at the time I was so weak for him, and all his mind-changing crushed me. He had so much power over me, and I would have done anything for him. Except move to his country, which is what he wanted. (He didn't like London and said he didn't want to live there.)

We kept in contact over the next two years, but I was still in love with him, and tried to cut him out of my life more times than I can remember. He kept asking me to visit him, or go travelling with him. In February this year he asked me to go to Turkey with him, and I actually said yes, but flights were too expensive, so we decided I'd visit him in Austria. (Coming to the end now - sorry for the waffle ) When I got there I realised that my feelings had changed: he wasn't the person that I thought he was. But even still, there's a connection between us that can't be broken. We had a great time, but I found the conversation always shifted towards how we could some day manage to live in the same city. We reached a compromise of South Africa (seriously), and when I left he gave me a silver bracelet.

We weren't in touch much since then. I thought I might eventually have severed contact with him, but when I was travelling in the States I started to get a really strong feeling of his presence. Oh yeah, this is another thing: we have a psychic bond I know that sounds insane, but I always know when he's thinking of me, how he's feeling towards me, and when he's going to contact me. For the longest time I told myself I was insane for thinking this, but every time it's happened my thoughts have been confirmed, and they were confirmed, yet again, yesterday.

I knew he wanted to contact me, and he suddenly started coming on Skype, but I didn't feel like talking to him, so I kept logging off.

Eventually he caught me yesterday, and we had a long chat: he told me he's been thinking about me (tell me something I'd don't know ) wondering where the hell I'd disappeared off to. When I put my video on, he stopped mid-sentence, stared at me for about five seconds and said "Wow. You're beautiful." When we talk I feel like I'm 14 again. Anyway, he asked me to move to Germany to live with him until he finishes his degree (he's studying there now, and will be finished in two years).

Obviously I'm not considering this - it's not the first time he's asked me to do things like this, though this was the most serious he's been.

Actually I lie - 1% of me is considering it! But I know that if I moved over it would turn back into power play, where he felt like he had control over me, and that I would just be waiting around until the day he decided he was mature enough for us to get involved. Because that's always the feeling behind "us": if this happens, it's forever. Which is a huge amount of pressure! But he's been single for a long time (even longer than me) and he doesn't believe he can cope with another break up. So I believe he's resisting, testing, because he doesn't want to make a mistake. Which is stupid, because we're not getting any younger (he's nearly 35: we have the same birthday). At the same time, I'm that stupid too. I'm terrified of getting involved with someone, giving things up, and it not working out. Losing my freedom is my biggest fear.

More on how I got to be that way another day In the interim, I have no idea why I just shared all that. Umm. Thanks for reading..!
    Last edited by YogaBare; 07-13-2013 at 12:47 AM.

- Ray Peat

Nstocks is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    Glad to hear you've stopped it now! Tbh, my temperature didn't remotely improve during or after Diet recovery. I then embarked on a temperature reset experiment (you can read about it in this journal) which was really interesting, but then I realised I was getting obsessive and decided to forget about everything. Now I feel sane, and ready to get back in shape. I'm not worried about my body temp.

let me know in a few days if you're noticing a difference in your feet from the running - I really am!

I'm almost halfway there! A few things I've learnt after reading half of your journal is:

1) People know A LOT!
    2) The body is very complex.
    3) Patience is required to heal.
    4) You are a strong woman

From what I've gathered, you used a method of wrapping the body in a warm room to physically reset your temperature? (unless that was something I read from one of the many helpful links)

I went running again today, even though I ache from the previous days' outing. Last night I was sweating a little, even though I wasn't in bed at the time, where I've been sweating a lot and waking up several times in the night for some reason. I do think the running/walking is helping a lot, in addition to other strength training.My body is still very cold but I feel warm more than I normally do! I'm going to listen to how I feel, rather than what the thermometer says.
    Last edited by Nstocks; 07-13-2013 at 02:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nstocks View Post
    4) You are a strong woman

From what I've gathered, you used a method of wrapping the body in a warm room to physically reset your temperature? (unless that was something I read from one of the many helpful links)

I went running again today, even though I ache from the previous days' outing. Last night I was sweating a little, even though I wasn't in bed at the time, where I've been sweating a lot and waking up several times in the night for some reason. I do think the running/walking is helping a lot, in addition to other strength training.My body is still very cold but I feel warm more than I normally do! I'm going to listen to how I feel, rather than what the thermometer says.
    You're a sweet heart Nstocks - thanks for saying that!

What I've learned from my experience is that no one knows everything about health, and we're all looking at it through the prism of our own experience. So I think it's really important to get blood tests done, so that you have a clearer picture of what your health is. I was dicking around with difference approaches for years, and in the end my condition is absolutely text book, I'm getting treatment, and I probably feel the best I have in my life! Still researching and pulling new info from lots of sources, but mod importantly: feeling my way through it.

I'm really glad the running is helping the body temp! Make sure to recover properly and go for speed over duration.

Oh, and re. the body temp. I don't know about that method. I probably shouldn't judge, but I posted on that forum for a while, and the people just seemed a bit... insane? They keep talking about fighting / "beating" the sympathetic nervous system... idk. Apparently he's helped over 100 people reset, but I got sick of wearing five jumpers all the time, and feeling colder every day. There must be a better way...

- Ray Peat

You're welcome

My gut instinct is that if still feel cold in about a month or I'm still gaining weight, I'll get some tests carried out. I really don't like going to the Doc's because the majority of my visits (like 6 in my entire life) were a complete waste of time. But seriously, if I still have issues in a month, I'll make an appointment and just be like, screw it I need clarity no matter what the Doc says.

Ah, I completely forgot about speed over duration. I'm trying to just get out the house for a bit, so most of my trek was walking with a few short sprints (when I'm not being attacked by nettles or bugs, lol) Time for a few days or recovery now though.

Today is a very hot day for England! Apparantley the hottest this year and in some areas the hottest since 2006. I checked the newpapaper today, something I don't care to do most of the time, where I read the miserable perspective from the media: 500 people are expected to die today due to the heat. WTF! They should look at saving lives, not predicting deaths.

Walking with short sprints is perfect!!! I just meant: don't go jogging for an hour

I live in UK too! Off to the park now. What a scorcher

- Ray Peat

Wooo! Have a great day