Page 13 of 244 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast

Thread: This is not a lobe song page 13

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    E.M.T.W.L

Entry Nineteen: Listen to the Rhythm

I woke up today feeling amazing. For the whole last week my body has been aching, and it hurt to do yoga. I was definitely inflamed. Then today, that feeling was gone, and my body was full of bounce

Sleep:
    12.30 - 8.30! Whoop The last hour or so was tossing and turning, but I definitely got 6.5 - 7 good hours.

Digestion
    Very healthy today: it's actually starting to feel like food is moving through my system.

Food
    Screen Shot 2013-04-03 at 22.52.23.jpg

I'm starting to listen to the signals of my appetite more and I realise that I'm naturally gravitating to the "Six small meals a day" that Paleo is so against. (I started a thread about it here). I don't know if I'll stick with this, but it really feels good to eat smaller meals more frequently. Less stressful mentally and physiologically. It might be a way to stop obsessing over the clock, cos I'll know I can eat what I want, when I want. Or it could result in overeating all the time! I guess right now it doesn't matter and it's worth experimenting with.

Other observations:
    My nails seem to be getting stronger again, but my skin is kind of breaking out... I'm not sure if it's from all the fruit, or from the skin brushing.

Other experiments:
    I've been meaning to take a salt bath since I got home, but the first night I tried the hot water ran out, and when I tried again tonight the same thing happened! I took it as a sign that I was supposed to take Paleomom's advice so I took a cold bath... foking hell it's unpleasant!!! I only last about three minutes, so I'm guessing that's not long enough

And at the end of the day:
    Today I was going to post up a photo of myself, as I am. I took the photo, then compared it to a picture of myself before I "went Primal". Initially it was a bit depressing. It's the same body, but everything's that bit bigger and flabbier. Before July (when I relapsed hard core into the binge eating), people used to ask me if I was a dancer.

Then I realised that one body is being maintained on by eating low calorie, binging and restricting. The current body is being maintained on 3-4K cals a day of nourishing, amazing, delicious food.

I miss having a lean, lithe body, I miss my cheekbones, and I miss not having cellulite, but I don't miss the insomnia or the self hatred that comes with binging. And I guess I didnt appreciate those thngs when I had them, anyway.

In other news, my energy definitely seems to be picking up over the last few days and I've started exercising pretty consistently again. Nothing hectic - just fast walks and yoga, but it makes sense to start gentle. All permanent change is gradual.

change.jpg
    Last edited by YogaBare; 04-13-2013 at 02:59 AM.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Strong_as_Oak is offline Junior Member
    I have just started my journey. I am also looking to start and maintain a journal. I wish you well in your endeavours.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

VacillateWildly is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, I don't think those creams work either, I would never purchase one, and I consider cellulite part of having a woman's body.

Interesting about your 6 meals, for me I don't think it would work as I would be thinking about food and eating even more than I do already. How is it psychologically?

I hear you about the swap of serenity for more body weight. I have a 'ballerina' body as well, and people admire it and tell me how lucky I am. They do not however know that the sculpting and maintain come at a vast price, above all else and in terms of my happiness on this earth, not worth it at all. Will I be on my death-bed at 80 wishing that if only I'd been thinner? Somehow I think there will be other regrets.

'Peace with food' is an expression my OA sponsor uses. I really like it, some days I have had it. Not at the moment though. Talk about body dysmorphia - I convinced myself this week that I had gained loads of weight and surely weighed Xkg, then hopped on the scales at the gym today and am Ykg, markedly lower than my 'fat' weight, in fact, low, low body weight. This scares me and thrills me all at the same time.

Your food today looks nice, I can't see how it adds up to nearly 4000 calories. It's better to nourish properly than to binge and restrict. Now I need to follow my own realization

Onwards onwards!

Zach is offline Banned
    Six meals works well for maintaining good liver glucose levels and keeping stress low. Some people have problems maintaining steady levels so if it works for you, keep it going. Plus if like you said its helps mentally which really is most important.

Also wheres the pics??

PaleoMom is offline Senior Member
    Sounds like your in a great mental place today!

On the cold baths - I started at 80 degrees F and worked slightly cooler each day. Over time I felt warmer in 50 degree water than I did in 80. My greatest reason for doing it was the energy it gave me. I never felt like I was buzzing with energy but when I would do hard work, like hours of shoveling heavy clay soil, I wouldn't get tired and could work for twice as long and with spring in my step and the next day would have just as much energy again with no muscle soreness. I literally felt like superwoman. Only one problem, I had to sit in cold water about 30 minutes a day

badgergirl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dexy View Post
    Yeah, I don't think those creams work either, I would never purchase one, and I consider cellulite part of having a woman's body.

Interesting about your 6 meals, for me I don't think it would work as I would be thinking about food and eating even more than I do already. How is it psychologically?

I hear you about the swap of serenity for more body weight. I have a 'ballerina' body as well, and people admire it and tell me how lucky I am. They do not however know that the sculpting and maintain come at a vast price, above all else and in terms of my happiness on this earth, not worth it at all. Will I be on my death-bed at 80 wishing that if only I'd been thinner? Somehow I think there will be other regrets.

'Peace with food' is an expression my OA sponsor uses. I really like it, some days I have had it. Not at the moment though. Talk about body dysmorphia - I convinced myself this week that I had gained loads of weight and surely weighed Xkg, then hopped on the scales at the gym today and am Ykg, markedly lower than my 'fat' weight, in fact, low, low body weight. This scares me and thrills me all at the same time.

Your food today looks nice, I can't see how it adds up to nearly 4000 calories. It's better to nourish properly than to binge and restrict. Now I need to follow my own realization

Onwards onwards!
    I too have had the 'naturally slim' comment bandied about (and I am by no means a ballerina) with its associated judgments about how I choose to nourish and exercise my physical form. I find it odd that as a society we encourage and/or accept this body commentary. It so rarely has a positive outcome for the person it is directed at.
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm!

I'm not sure yet... it's just an intuitive realisation that's coming through this process. I don't have strong digestion. My body can't cope with these huge meals. I have deep conditioning about meal timings (looking at the clock) and finishing everything on my plate. I have the feeling that allowing myself to eat when I want will help my body and mind. I want to eat with the natural rhythms of my body instead of someone else's rules.

I have way too many regrets from the last two years... and they are all that I haven't seized opportunities, and that I've spent too much time wasting time and running in circles. You're so right.

Love yourself! Be careful.

Your food today looks nice, I can't see how it adds up to nearly 4000 calories.!
    I know... well, I overestimate my portions cos' I don't weigh anything, and then there are lots of things I don't bother imputting: vegetables, juices, things I forget. So the intake could be less or more, I really don't know, it's just a ballpark range to gage my appetite and whether I was craving carbs, fat or protein.

Hugs to you sister

Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    Six meals works well for maintaining good liver glucose levels and keeping stress low. Some people have problems maintaining steady levels so if it works for you, keep it going. Plus if like you said its helps mentally which really is most important.

Also wheres the pics??
    Yeah, it feels like the right thing for me now, so maybe it's part of the healing process!

Haha I couldn't bring myself to post the pics, I hated the "fat pic" too much.!
    Last edited by YogaBare; 09-25-2013 at 05:15 PM.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Quote Originally Posted by badgergirl View Post
    I too have had the 'naturally slim' comment bandied about (and I am by no means a ballerina) with its associated judgments about how I choose to nourish and exercise my physical form. I find it odd that as a society we encourage and/or accept this body commentary. It so rarely has a positive outcome for the person it is directed at.
    So true... same goes for beauty. Just creates a value system within the person that if they're not beautiful or thin then they have nothing.

Personally it's making aging very difficult. I'm very conscious that I don't get as many compliments about my appearance anymore. I've tried to console myself with my fading looks by thinking that at least I had control over my body... HA!
    Last edited by YogaBare; 04-04-2013 at 07:41 AM.

- Ray Peat

Zach is offline Banned

Haha! That's totally me.

- Ray Peat