Page 129 of 244 FirstFirst ... 2979119127128129130131139179229 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,290 of 2434

Thread: This is not a lobe song page 129

ombat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    Im expecting my tanned, washboard stomach with perfect skin to arrive any day now...
    I'm sorry, that one's on backorder

Weight
    Well, I've started counting calories again! I didn't think I would, but I'm ready to try to lose weight again. It's been a year since I lost control of my weight.

It means I've been restricting a bit, but I realise I just can't lose weight when I'm eating 2,300 cals a day. My goal is to cycle calories, and to balance it with exercise. I never tried this approach before (my pattern was usually moderate exercise a few times a week, plus starvation).

I actually don't feel very hopeful that this is going to work, but at the same time, I'm loving the feeling of getting fitter. I literally feel myself getting stronger every day, and my body does feel tighter, even though it remains the same size. I'll be patient.
    If it doesn't make you nuts then maybe it will work. There is definitely a difference between healthfully cycling calories and exercise and starvation. A lot of people on this forum seem to do fine counting calories.

Does anyone notice that if they run a lot, they get a double chin??
    Sometimes I just don't know what to think about you...

Well it is all your fault.
    Is it weird in here, or is it just me?

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    I've never shied away from milk though. (Apart from when I was vegan ) I always drank tons of it.

How did you destroy your stomach?
    PUFA and VLC

And have you always had bloating? Dunno, people are quick to fail to look at the root cause of any problem.
    nihil

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nstocks View Post
    I hear you! I've just started to exercise and I feel much stronger already!

I've never really believed and maybe still don't believe that exercising will help with fat loss. Not sure why, I guess it's because I've never really tried! You always hear that people "got ripped" without hitting the gym. We could be those people, Yoyo!!!

P.S I call you Yoyo because your name reminds me of these

Attachment 12302
    That's great you're starting to exercise! How are the cold feet?

If I was one of those people who could "get ripped" without the gym I'd be a body builder by now

And ha - I've never eaten those things! I'm sceptical of anything available in H&B.

Quote Originally Posted by j3nn View Post
    Popping in to say that my mysterious burning skin has gone away for now. Been avoiding eggs + dairy for 4 days now, no noticeable improvements. Have also lowered my fat a bit. Nada in the digestion department. Cut out my beloved raw carrot salad as well.

So now my current avoid list:

- Gluten
    - Dairy
    - Soy
    - Foods high in FODMAPs (garlic, onion, watermelon, apple, dates, honey, etc.)
    - Raw fibrous fruits + veggies
    - Eggs
    - "fat bombs" (fatty cuts of meat, excessive oils)
    - Legumes (except a bit if peanut butter)
    - Foods high in PUFAs in favor of SFA + MUFAs
    - Peppers
    - Vegetable seeds
    Jesus J3nn. That is some list! What are you actually eating??

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Let me know how that aloe juice works out. I've heard good things, but never tried it myself.
    Tune in next week for "How Aloe Vera changed my Life" and other supplement-related dreams

Quote Originally Posted by ombat View Post
    Sometimes I just don't know what to think about you...
    Other than how amazing I am?

Actually I looked it up, and facial sagging can happen with running. Plastic surgeons refer to it as“runner’s face”!
    The Truth About Skin: Does Running Cause Wrinkles, Jowls & Sagging Skin? - CoastRider

Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    PUFA and VLC

And have you always had bloating? Dunno, people are quick to fail to look at the root cause of any problem.
    Ah Derpamus, com'on! Werent you VLC for two weeks? I can't believe you could destroy your stomach in that length of time!

That's a good question. I first noticed the bloating when I was 19 and started binging... Eating that huge volume of food must definitely damage your stomach over time. So it could have been that, or it could be not being a teenager anymore!
    Last edited by YogaBare; 07-12-2013 at 01:56 AM.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    yeah. my take was if you don't drink milk (or have no need to really), then don't drink it or the other milks.

Ah Derpamus, com'on! Werent you VLC for two weeks? I can't believe you could destroy your stomach in that length of time!
    Um, no. 2 months, and it's possible to destroy your stomach in 5 seconds via salmonella. I'm pretty sure PUFA and VLC can at least do as much damage as salmonella in 2 months time.
    nihil

Nstocks is offline Senior Member
    That's great you're starting to exercise! How are the cold feet?

If I was one of those people who could "get ripped" without the gym I'd be a body builder by now

And ha - I've never eaten those things! I'm sceptical of anything available in H&B.

Still cold . Body temp has been from 35.4C-36.3C max too. I'm warm and sweaty when it's hot weather or I'm exercising, but on those days here in England which are mostly cold and dull, my feet are too. I've ordered some liquid Ashwagandha though so maybe this will help! Did you manage to get your temp up after stopping Diet recovery? (I have too)

Your'e not really missing out on those dried fruit rolls. They don't taste very real despite only one ingredient. Haha, yeah H&B remind me of Vegans trying to sell you their monthly magazine subscription or something :S.

diene is offline Senior Member

Actually I looked it up, and facial sagging can happen with running. Plastic surgeons refer to it as“runner’s face”!
    The Truth About Skin: Does Running Cause Wrinkles, Jowls & Sagging Skin? - CoastRider
    Oh, thanks for making me more paranoid and crazier than I already am! That's the best argument against running I've seen.

Now, aside from worrying about high cortisol, I also have to worry about "runner's face."

From the article: "As we get older it is advisable to carry a little more weight that you would have done when younger, in order to avoid exaggerating the signs of premature aging on our faces. " Okay, that's it. I'm going to stop trying to lose weight.

You can fight wrinkles by just avoiding excessive exposure to UV rays and eating a low PUFA and iron diet. Collagen for sure helps too, as well as keeping up with your levels of youth related hormones(pregnenolone, progesterone, DHEA)

It's one thing I'm not too worried about.
    nihil

diene is offline Senior Member
    I definitely avoid UV exposure. Iron causes wrinkles?! (I love my red meat. )

One day, I'll look into progesterone supplementation.

I need to remember to consume gelatin more consistently. I think I'm just going to make a giant batch of different gelatin goodies (including jello shots) over the weekend so I can have it around next week.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Iron's Dangers

Coffee blocks iron absorption, so if you're concerned, I would drink coffee with all meals heavy in iron.
    nihil