Page 127 of 244 FirstFirst ... 2777117125126127128129137177227 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,270 of 2434

Thread: This is not a lobe song page 127

ombat is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    I don't know if I can live without milky coffee though... yes, I know there are starving kids in Africa
    Why don't you use one of the gazillion non-dairy milks there are out on the market. Almond, coconut, hemp, etc.
    Is it weird in here, or is it just me?

Graycat is offline Senior Member
    Yo, in regards to bloating. I think you really should look into supplementing with probiotic. I'm not sure how and whether it's possible at all to have the gut micro flora tested by a medical professional (naturopath maybe?), but IMO supplementing with a good one would not hurt.
    I take one that specifically targets colon health.

Also, how do you handle sauerkraut and other fermented foods?

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CiKi90 View Post
    That's odd that you should mention that, because I always assumed that people who were certified to teach fitness classes (like Yoga) did it because they just loved it so much, and were kind of obsessed. Not a bad thing, because I'm experiencing it, too, with wanting to be a PT and all.
    Honestly - it depends what kind of yoga you do. Mine is slow, and subtle. It's given me a huge amount of body awareness, which I love. And I love stretching, but never liked exerting myself. I'm mostly in it for the spiritual side.

Quote Originally Posted by ombat View Post
    Why don't you use one of the gazillion non-dairy milks there are out on the market. Almond, coconut, hemp, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by CiKi90 View Post
    What about non-dairy milk? I <3 almond milk, tastes great in my tea and coffee.
    I cannot believe you guys are suggesting almond milk. Does the word PUFA mean NOTHING to you???!

Seriously though, rice milk grosses me out, coconut milk bloats me, and hemp milk is really expensive here. Maybe I could have one milky coffee a day... or just get used to black

Quote Originally Posted by Graycat View Post
    Yo, in regards to bloating. I think you really should look into supplementing with probiotic. I'm not sure how and whether it's possible at all to have the gut micro flora tested by a medical professional (naturopath maybe?), but IMO supplementing with a good one would not hurt.
    I take one that specifically targets colon health.

Also, how do you handle sauerkraut and other fermented foods?
    I'm a bit torn about the good and bad bacteria thing... I was eating a ton of yogurt for quite a few months, and it was helping my BMs but was still bloated, and as soon as I stopped eating it I was constipated. So, don't know if eating good bacteria necessarily "repopulates" your gut.

Haven't had any fermented foods for a while... but that could be worth trying. Do you feel they improve your bloating?
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Graycat is offline Senior Member
    ....a bit torn about the good and bad bacteria thing... I was eating a ton of yogurt for quite a few months, and it was helping my BMs but was still bloated, and as soon as I stopped eating it I was constipated. So, don't know if eating good bacteria necessarily "repopulates" your gut.

Haven't had any fermented foods for a while... but that could be worth trying. Do you feel they improve your bloating?
    I don't know about the kraut and stuff, but the supps def. do improve my digestion.

I had posted about probiotics some time ago and ( I'm almost positive it was) PaleoMom who had some good info on the subject.

diene is offline Senior Member
    My theory is that our gut bacteria is constantly being destroyed, and that's why repopulation doesn't work well, and we need a constant supply of probiotics. A while ago, I posted a link to an article in the research forum about how glyphosate (Roundup) destroys gut bacteria. Unless you eat 100% organic 100% of the time, you're bound to be ingesting that stuff.

I take probiotics and eat yogurt although I'm thinking about giving up dairy again. Damn you, dairy, why do you taste so good.

I cannot believe you guys are suggesting almond milk. Does the word PUFA mean NOTHING to you???!

Seriously though, rice milk grosses me out, coconut milk bloats me, and hemp milk is really expensive here. Maybe I could have one milky coffee a day... or just get used to black
    *eyes roll out of head onto floor*

I just put sugar in my coffee. Tastes good to me. Although I do like coffee perfectly black so maybe I'm just a weirdo.

Re: bloating and probiotics, no probiotic has ever helped decrease my bloating. In fact, they've made it worse. I've tried pills, sauerkraut, kombucha, and yoghurt. The only probiotic that every did anything beneficial for me is yoghurt, as it helped keep me "regular" but I was still bloated.

Why dont you try milk with lactase in it (better known as lactose free milk)?

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Almond milk regardless of PUFA content(that's still a lot) is one of the most overprocessed and worst "drinks" you can possibly have. It's like drinking straight arsenic. Just thinking about it makes my stomach churn.

I don't think lactose intolerance exists, in the same way we've come to see it anyway. Especially since you're a white European.
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Yeah yeah, we all know your and Zach's stance on lactose intolerance

I'm still eating cheese, but I'm on day four of low milk, and definitely noticing less bloat. Maybe it's more about quantities / methods of preparation...
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    I had that same "intolerance", it was mostly because my stomach was already destroyed. Adding sugar to my milk and drinking it more fixed it. Either way, if you don't drink milk, there is still no reason to drink the fake milks and their allergenic synthetic vitamins. It will do you no favors.
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant