Page 125 of 244 FirstFirst ... 2575115123124125126127135175225 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,250 of 2434

Thread: This is not a lobe song page 125

ombat is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    I said im jealous of your protein (240!) and i wish i could eat cottage cheese because the protein ratio is awesome but it tastes like puke.
    Mmmm, no, I still don't think that's it.

Is it weird in here, or is it just me?

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Holy shit that was funny! You two were close and derp speaks my language.

I said im jealous of your protein (240!) and i wish i could eat cottage cheese because the protein ratio is awesome but it tastes like puke.
    Derpamix = Zachatranslate
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Oh, and back to the original comment

Yeah, I was impressed with my macros yest - couldn't believe how low fat was! I don't count at all these days, so it must be consistently lower than that.

Also, I think I built some muscle yest! My butt looks better. I seem to remember that you actually build muscle on your rest days. Maybe that's why I went crazy on the protein...
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Zach is offline Banned
    You will naturally gravitate towards more muscle if you just have a consistently high protein intake.

j3nn is offline Senior Member
    I wish I could eat cottage cheese! It's so frickin' good, but my stomach hates it. HATES it. My stomach hates everything, though. Le sigh.

PS. Now I want a castle. And cottage cheese. Or a cottage made of cheese? Hmm.
    | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

Sugar tots, I just started An Ultimate Jello thread Please share your recipes and tips. I'm failing at making sweets...

You will naturally gravitate towards more muscle if you just have a consistently high protein intake.
    Where do you stand on protein these days Zach? Back when I was doing the Eat a Ton I remember you weren't a fan of going too high... or was that just from meat sources?

Quote Originally Posted by j3nn View Post
    I wish I could eat cottage cheese! It's so frickin' good, but my stomach hates it. HATES it. My stomach hates everything, though. Le sigh.
    Boo

But, welcome J3nn When are you starting your journal?

- Ray Peat

Zach is offline Banned
    Yea i went through a really low protein phase when i was doing almost all fruit. I definitely feel really good on a diet like that but i couldnt work out as hard as i would like. It also seems protein is really important for the liver. I do find that milk and gelatin protein are completely different from meat protein in regard to inflammation which was my main issue.

Right now im trying to get in at least 150g a day pro, half at least from gelatin. Im finding it difficult to go higher because i only have a few sources of high protein foods. Might buy a powder and see how i do with that.

j3nn is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    But, welcome J3nn When are you starting your journal?
    Thank you! I was thinking about starting one, but do you think it would be redundant with my blog and all? Or can't the internet get enough J3NN?!
    | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

Yea i went through a really low protein phase when i was doing almost all fruit. I definitely feel really good on a diet like that but i couldnt work out as hard as i would like. It also seems protein is really important for the liver. I do find that milk and gelatin protein are completely different from meat protein in regard to inflammation which was my main issue.

Right now im trying to get in at least 150g a day pro, half at least from gelatin. Im finding it difficult to go higher because i only have a few sources of high protein foods. Might buy a powder and see how i do with that.
    I hear you - I can't put my finger on it, but there's definitely a difference in feeling between the different protein sources.

Wouldn't gelatine be better than a protein powder?

Quote Originally Posted by j3nn View Post
    Thank you! I was thinking about starting one, but do you think it would be redundant with my blog and all? Or can't the internet get enough J3NN?!
    Hah! Actually, if you need advice the journals are brilliant - everyone really chimes in and tries to help each other out. Might be useful for you as you try this new experiment

Btw - just checked out your blog again - LOLz! Love the images. And the T-Shirt

- Ray Peat

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    THE SKIN I'M IN

Question folks:

I know most (all?) of the people who read this journal are not LC, but have probably been low carb for sustained periods of time. I'm wondering if you guys have noticed subtle differences in your body depending on what foods you are including / excluding?

Me:

1) Certain carbs give me BO! Namely: legumes and starch. I sweat a lot, but never had issues with body odour until I was eating piles of lentils and rice. Before that phase (when I was veggie), I would mainly eat wheat, and had no issues. I'm not sure about potatoes... But now I haven't had starch in about two weeks (umm - except bread ); I'm eating mostly fruit and dairy, and I smell pretty damn good

2) Skin. I hate to say it, but low carb makes my skin look amazing. I have naturally dehydrated, delicate skin but when I am LC, I don't need moisturiser! I don't think it's high fat that does it, because even when I was high carb-high fat my skin was still getting dry. I literally think it's sugars that dry out my skin.

Cant think of any more right now... pray do share yours

- Ray Peat