Page 123 of 244 FirstFirst ... 2373113121122123124125133173223 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,230 of 2434

Thread: This is not a lobe song page 123

diene is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Cool, thanks! I'll use that next time I need to link to a pic.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ombat View Post
    I think the universe is trying to give me a sign.

First of all, I think I've decided against the forward helix. Apparently it's the most difficult to heel and I am constantly brushing my hair over my ear so I would bump it constantly. My next thought was something like this or this. I think it will be easier to take care of.

The first place I called for a quote no longer does piercings. The second place I called is closed until Tuesday (I wont be here) and when I called the third place their piercer wouldn't be in until Tuesday.

Mrr.

As for your piercing, I don't know. Whatever side you don't sleep on? But I think maybe the ear with the flower piercing.
    I love the first one! Tbh, I'm not sure if I could get any of those triple piercings in either of my ears... it might just look weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    You don't need to supplement copper.

Chocolate is a good source of copper too. And, no problem
    Cheers ears Is using copper peptides topically like supplementing?

Quote Originally Posted by Graycat View Post
    That's a very pretty shade of blond, Yo. Lighter streaks and all. Actually, that's pretty much the color I've had in mind for myself one day when I start going grey.
    Thanks Gray... The colour looks better in the photos though I also don't like the cut she gave me. I'm going to fix it myself... (famous last words).

Quote Originally Posted by diene View Post
    YB--Love the hair!

And most beautiful place I've ever been too--Neuschwanstein castle in Bavaria. It was foggy like this when we were there, and the whole thing looked like an image out of a fairy tale. Here's a picture, not mine though:

Okay, apparently, I still don't know how to link to images.
    Thank you

Weirdly, the pic came up initially, and then disappeared! It looked amazing though - haven't been to Bavaria either. I'm travelling without moving
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Okay, that is very strange about the picture disappearing. I officially need help posting images! I know that if I want to post one of my own pics, I need to upload it to an image hosting site like imagur.com, but that pic was something I found online.

Here's the link: http://crazy-frankenstein.com/free-w...e-1024x768.jpg

Here's what I did when I tried to insert it. I clicked on the picture button, selected "insert image from URL," pasted the url in there, and unclicked "retrieve remote file and reference locally." It appeared to work initially, and then the image disappeared. What did I do wrong?

Okay, that is very strange about the picture disappearing. I officially need help posting images! I know that if I want to post one of my own pics, I need to upload it to an image hosting site like imagur.com, but that pic was something I found online.

Here's the link: http://crazy-frankenstein.com/free-w...e-1024x768.jpg

Here's what I did when I tried to insert it. I clicked on the picture button, selected "insert image from URL," pasted the url in there, and unclicked "retrieve remote file and reference locally." It appeared to work initially, and then the image disappeared. What did I do wrong?
    You did everything right, but when you upload pics using the MDA image uploader, the mods have to give them the okay before they will show on screen! (Or something to that effect). As a result, most people who've been posting for a while know to use an external photo uploader, and then insert the image. If you create an account on imgur.com you can upload pics, and then it will give you numerous options for how you want to share them. One option is BBCode (message boards & forums): you copy and paste that code into your message.

Typing all this makes it sound complex, but it's actually super easy!

EDIT: After writing all that I realise that you know how to use imgur

If you want to take an online pic into imgur, just go into images -> upload from web. Then paste in the code from the website you've taken it from. Make sure it ends with an image file (.jpg etc).
    Last edited by YogaBare; 07-08-2013 at 02:16 PM.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Today I feel really annoyed with myself. I ate like a pig, and I did no exercise, except for running errands on my bicycle (about 40 mins fast cycling).

There are a few reasons:

- I was very tired today (I didn't sleep well last night [alcoholic housemate kept me up again])
    - I was stressed (work)
    - I didn't eat much yesterday (maybe 400 cals) and I worked out twice
    - My stomach was exceptionally bloated. I've noticed in the past that on days when my stomach is bloaed I eat more. I wonder if it's that my stomach bloats cos it's full of bacteria, and the urge to eat is like an urge to push the bacteria out?

Also, today was the first day in a few weeks that I didn't go for a run first thing in the morning. Maybe that's part of the reason I felt tired.

It really could be anything. There are too many variables. I just feel seriously fat and helpless. I lose weight for a few days, then I eat a lot and it comes right back on.

I'm ashamed with what I ate, but I'm going to post it anyway.

Breakfast:
    300gs lf cottage cheese
    1 kiwi

Lunch:
    125g blackberries
    raspberry jello
    130gs smoked salmon
    600g lf cottage cheese
    1 mango
    1 apple
    2 handfuls of raisins

Dinner:
    100gs dates
    600g lf cottage cheese
    2 apples
    1 nectarine
    4 tablespoons honey

Drinks:
    5 coffees w.milk (1 w/ gelatine)
    2 teas w/milk and sugar
    300ml OJ

It doesn't look like that much written down, but that's basically 1.5kg of cottage cheese in a day! I don't think this is a good sign, particularly given that I ate 1.5 pints of ice cream in a go on Sat night. I'm worried that my eating habits are going weird again. Maybe I should try incorporating more kinds of food into my diet again, instead of just having dairy and fruit...

My skin feels sore and dry today, which makes me think about how good my skin feels when I'm low carb-high fat. But then I can't go to the toilet (and now I don't stop). This diet thing is so bloody confusing.

Ugh.

I'm sorry for complaining: I've been a real streak of misery since Friday!
    Last edited by YogaBare; 07-08-2013 at 02:48 PM.

- Ray Peat

Thanks, YB, that really cleared it up!! I think I'll be able to post images, finally!

Edited to add:

Just saw your post. I don't think you ate too much. You're probably just hungry because you ate so little yesterday and worked out twice. And I think 40 minutes of fast cycling counts as exercise! (I can't ride a bike, you know, it's really embarrassing, and I really wish I could!)

Is it possible that you ate so much cottage cheese because you're craving protein? As I understand it, cottage cheese is a pretty good source of protein. And, you know, I can eat a ton of cottage cheese too. I almost never buy it because I can eat a whole carton in one sitting and still be hungry. I know you want to try the dairy + fruit thing, but, for me anyway, dairy never fills me up. I can eat a ton of it and still feel like I haven't eaten anything. Not sure if you're having the same problem?
    Last edited by diene; 07-08-2013 at 02:59 PM.

I don't think you ate too much. You're probably just hungry because you ate so little yesterday and worked out twice. And I think 40 minutes of fast cycling counts as exercise! (I can't ride a bike, you know, it's really embarrassing, and I really wish I could!)

Is it possible that you ate so much cottage cheese because you're craving protein? As I understand it, cottage cheese is a pretty good source of protein. And, you know, I can eat a ton of cottage cheese too. I almost never buy it because I can eat a whole carton in one sitting and still be hungry. I know you want to try the dairy + fruit thing, but, for me anyway, dairy never fills me up. I can eat a ton of it and still feel like I haven't eaten anything. Not sure if you're having the same problem?
    Thanks Di. I appreciate that. I just inputted everything into fitday (how did I do this every day in the past?! So frickin boring), and this is what it told me:

3K cals isn't that bad, but the food made me fat! Everything blew up today. It's so weird how some days I can eat a lot and don't change, and other days I turn into a tellytubby. Hormones?

Around Christmas I got completely addicted to Greek yogurt and I was eating a Kg of it a day. The full fat kind. Gross, huh?! So I have some addictive tendencies with dairy. I do think I needed the protein, and possibly just the calories as well, cos' I was craving junk food later.

I wasn't really trying just to eat fruit and dairy: it's just been what I wanted, but maybe now it's changing again, idk.

Oh, I'm sorry you can't ride a bike! You know, people say that it's one thing you never forgot, but you do! When I lived in San Diego, me and my friends all bought bikes, and none of us had been on one for a decade. Lets just say there were one or two accidents that summer Umm. My point was supposed to be that it's never too late to learn!

- Ray Peat

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Re: copper, it's essentially the same thing
    nihil

ombat is offline Senior Member
    Di, I think it fades (the reason my mom got hers redone), so if you got sick of the purple you could probably easily go over it in at least 10 years.Also, that picture is absolutely stunning.

Yoyo, re: piercings, I am definitely going to get the first one I linked to (angling towards the ear canal)... once I save the money

re: eating, you pointed out all of the (very valid) reasons why you should have eaten that much, so why are you still annoyed at yoursel? Also I too have noticed that I would eat more on the days I was already extremely bloated. I always thought it was a "fuck it, I'm already bloated, might as well eat" reaction but your reason sounds good too..
    Is it weird in here, or is it just me?

Zach is offline Banned
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    So jelly of your protein intake. Fuck that nasty cottage cheese and its awesome aminos.