Page 122 of 244 FirstFirst ... 2272112120121122123124132172222 ... LastLast
Results 1,211 to 1,220 of 2434

Thread: This is not a lobe song page 122

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    the skin is permeable, and in many cases topical application is preferable(epsom baths, etc) as bacteria feeds on trace minerals too. It's a difference between penetration, and absorption, the latter of which enters the bloodstream.
    nihil

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    How much gelatin do you guys take? I just bought a couple boxes (4 packets in each box) until I can order that canister from Amazon. I think I'm doing about a teaspoon at a time, but not sure of the effects since mag citrate is moving things along. I ate too much popcorn the other day and uh... it's still passing, so I'm a little screwed up right now =P
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    the skin is permeable, and in many cases topical application is preferable(epsom baths, etc) as bacteria feeds on trace minerals too. It's a difference between penetration, and absorption, the latter of which enters the bloodstream.
    Brilliant - thank you! What do you think about the copper? Btw, i just started putting the powered niacin into cream (prior to this I was spritzing it from water) and it really helping my flushing face! Thanks again for suggesting it to me, waybackwhen.

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    How much gelatin do you guys take? I just bought a couple boxes (4 packets in each box) until I can order that canister from Amazon. I think I'm doing about a teaspoon at a time, but not sure of the effects since mag citrate is moving things along. I ate too much popcorn the other day and uh... it's still passing, so I'm a little screwed up right now =P
    Sorry to hear about the POP-corn.. ugh!

I take 2 to 3 envelopes of these a day: Knox Original Gelatin (32-Count Envelopes), Unflavored, 8-Ounce Boxes (Pack of 2): Amazon.com: Grocery & Gourmet Food I think Ci and Om take 1 envelope and Zach takes about 10!
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

ombat is offline Senior Member
    I think the universe is trying to give me a sign.

First of all, I think I've decided against the forward helix. Apparently it's the most difficult to heel and I am constantly brushing my hair over my ear so I would bump it constantly. My next thought was something like this or this. I think it will be easier to take care of.

The first place I called for a quote no longer does piercings. The second place I called is closed until Tuesday (I wont be here) and when I called the third place their piercer wouldn't be in until Tuesday.

Mrr.

As for your piercing, I don't know. Whatever side you don't sleep on? But I think maybe the ear with the flower piercing.
    Is it weird in here, or is it just me?

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    Brilliant - thank you! What do you think about the copper? Btw, i just started putting the powered niacin into cream (prior to this I was spritzing it from water) and it really helping my flushing face! Thanks again for suggesting it to me, waybackwhen.
    You don't need to supplement copper.

Copper binding

Research of the copper binding properties of GHK and two synthetic peptides, in which histidine was replaced with a synthetic amino acid, established that the amino acid glycine plays major role in copper binding, while lysine can interact with copper only at alkaline pH. At physiological pH, lysine is able to interact with a cellular receptor. The ability of GHK to interact both with copper and with a cellular receptor allows it to transfer copper into and from cells. The small size of GHK permits speedy traveling in extracellular space and its easy access to cellular receptors.[38]

The molecular structure of the GHK copper complex (GHK-Cu) has been extensively studied using X-ray crystallography, EPR spectroscopy, X-ray absorption spectroscopy, NMR spectroscopy as well as other methods such as titration. In the GHK-Cu complex, the Cu (II) ion is coordinated by the nitrogen from the imidazole side chain of the histidine, another nitrogen from the alpha-amino group of glycine and the deprotonated amide nitrogen of the glycine–histidine peptide bond. Since such a structure couldn’t explain a high stability constant of the GHK-Cu complex (log 10 =16.44 vs. 8.68 of the GH copper complex, which is similar to the GHK-Cu structure), it was proposed that another amino group participates in the complex formation. According to the recent study by Hureau et al. the Cu(II) is also coordinated by the oxygen from the carboxyl group of the lysine from the neighboring complex. Another carboxyl group of lysine from a neighboring complex provides the apical oxygen, resulting in the square-planar pyramid configuration.[39] Many researchers proposed that at the physiological pH, GHK-Cu complexes can form binary and ternary structures which may involve amino acid histidine and/or the copper binding region of the albumin molecule. Lau and Sarkar found also that GHK can easily obtain copper 2+ bound to other molecules such as the high affinity copper transport site on plasma albumin ((albumin binding constant log 10 =16.2 vs. GHK binding constant 16 log 10 =16.44). It has been established that copper (II) redox activity is silenced when copper ions are complexed with the GHK tripeptide, which allows the delivery of non-toxic copper into the cell.[40]
    Biological significance

Copper is a transition metal that is vital for all eukaryotic organisms from microbes to humans. A dozen enzymes (cuproenzymes) use changes in copper oxidation state to catalyze important biochemical reactions including cellular respiration (cytochrome c oxidase), antioxidant defense (ceruloplasmin, superoxide dismutase (SOD), detoxification (metallothioneins), blood clotting (blood clotting factors V and VIII), melanin production (tyrosinase) and the connective tissue formation (lysyl peroxidase). Copper is required for iron metabolism, oxygenation, neurotransmission, embryonic development and many other essential biological processes. Another function of copper is signaling – for example, stem cells require a certain level of copper in the media to start their differentiation into cells needed for repair. Thus, GHK-Cu’s ability to bind copper and to modulate its tissue level is a key factor determining its biological activity.[41]
    Chocolate is a good source of copper too. And, no problem
    nihil

ombat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by YB
    Om, don't know about improving immunity. Don't see how it would...? But hey, anythings possible!
    Sorry, delayed response. Something about the antifungal properties if you're using coconut oil. *shrugs*
    Is it weird in here, or is it just me?

Graycat is offline Senior Member
    That's a very pretty shade of blond, Yo. Lighter streaks and all. Actually, that's pretty much the color I've had in mind for myself one day when I start going grey.

Zanna is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
    why "other than yoga?"

reality is, there's a lot to learn in terms of yoga, and a lot to experience. there are a lot of ways to practice and experience and try new things. I know that, for myself, I'm really excited about the postural work that i'm learning combined with what I already know about yoga. it's really exciting.

it's really not just a form of exercise, either. There are so many layers to it -- there's so much history, and then there is all of the literary side of things, the religious customs and concepts, the philosophy and it's practice (both ancient and modern), plus of course all of the energy work and how that fits into the picture . . . plus several meditation practices to try, etc etc etc. I mean, the list is pretty endless.

That being said, I'm really enjoying pilates and belly dancing. I'd love to get into roller derby but just haven't been able to get the time. I should probably sell my gear.

But, I mostly do and think about yoga. LOL
    I need to sell my derby gear too - I passed assessments, then injured a hamstring and never got back into it. The time commitment was too much and I would feel bad giving it a half effort. I love Pilates too.

diene is offline Senior Member
    A friend of mine plays roller derby. It's really awesome to watch because they always get in fights. Hehe!

YB--Love the hair!

Om--My mom had her eyeliner tattooed too and her eyebrows. I would be really convenient. I always use the same purple eyeliner--maybe I'll have mine tattooed purple. I might regret it when I'm older and no longer want purple eyeliner though...

And most beautiful place I've ever been too--Neuschwanstein castle in Bavaria. It was foggy like this when we were there, and the whole thing looked like an image out of a fairy tale. Here's a picture, not mine though:

Okay, apparently, I still don't know how to link to images.
    Last edited by diene; 07-08-2013 at 01:49 PM.

Graycat is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by diene View Post

Okay, apparently, I still don't know how to link to images.
    Diene, imgur.com is very user friendly.