Page 121 of 244 FirstFirst ... 2171111119120121122123131171221 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,210 of 2434

Thread: This is not a lobe song page 121

Graycat is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    Btw, why did you bring up South Africa - did I tell you I spent a few months there? LOVE it! What part were you living in?

I remember you mention Cape Town once or twice. Unfortunately I never made it there. We had to move according to my dad's job site. He used to work as an engineer - construction type of work.

We lived in a town on a lake called Benoni. It was very close to Johannesburg. I also remember visiting a crocodile farm by Durban, a large city situated on the Indian ocean. I also remember touching the crocodile's skin through a chain link fence

ombat is offline Senior Member
    Pic of the highlights! PIC OF THE HIGHLIGHTS.

Dude, speaking of tattoos, my mom just got her eyeliner tattooed today. FOR THE SECOND TIME IN HER LIFE- sorry I'm done with the all-caps. Talk about badass. That shit's gotta hurt.

Also, I really want to get a triple forward helix but I heard it's one of the more painful ones. I have 6 lobe piercings (3 on each side) and have never had cartilage pierced.
    Last edited by ombat; 07-06-2013 at 09:06 PM.
    Is it weird in here, or is it just me?

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ombat View Post
    Pic of the highlights! PIC OF THE HIGHLIGHTS.

Dude, speaking of tattoos, my mom just got her eyeliner tattooed today. FOR THE SECOND TIME IN HER LIFE- sorry I'm done with the all-caps. Talk about badass. That shit's gotta hurt.

Also, I really want to get a triple forward helix but I heard it's one of the more painful ones. I have 6 lobe piercings (3 on each side) and have never had cartilage pierced.
    Ha, I'll post them later I also got an undercut, which I quite like, so my hair looks okay when it's up..

Also - coolest fucking piercing EVER! Do you mind if I get it too? We could get it at the same time and it will almost be like we're real life friends!

Tattooed makeup... not sure. It looks great on other people, but don't know if I could commit to having the same eyeliner for the rest of my life....

Quote Originally Posted by Graycat View Post
    I remember you mention Cape Town once or twice. Unfortunately I never made it there. We had to move according to my dad's job site. He used to work as an engineer - construction type of work.

We lived in a town on a lake called Benoni. It was very close to Johannesburg. I also remember visiting a crocodile farm by Durban, a large city situated on the Indian ocean. I also remember touching the crocodile's skin through a chain link fence
    You're very lucky you lived there! Out of all the places I've ever visited, South Africa is by far the most beautiful. We drove all the way from Nelspruit to CApe Town and it was like heaven on earth.

Oh, also, here's some info on oil pulling: http://mamanatural.com/how-to-do-oil-pulling/

QUESTION to everyone:

What's the most beautiful place you've ever been? Gimme pictures!

My answer: Cape Town.
    Last edited by YogaBare; 07-07-2013 at 04:33 AM.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

ombat is offline Senior Member
    Ha, I'll post them later I also got an undercut, which I quite like, so my hair looks okay when it's up..
    I had to google that. I bet you look hot(ter than usual)!

Also - coolest fucking piercing EVER! Do you mind if I get it too? We could get it at the same time and it will almost be like we're real life friends!
    No! You aren't allowed. And anyway it would only almost be like we were real life friends Haha yes I would love to get it "together" but you'll have to be patient unless I do it today or tomorrow. Otherwise I won't be back home (Tacoma. I know, I live in too many places) until the 20th. I'm going to CA again!

Tattooed makeup... not sure. It looks great on other people, but don't know if I could commit to having the same eyeliner for the rest of my life....
    At y/our age, absolutely, but at her age, she's almost 60 and wears the same black eyeliner every day. Definitely convenient! I still think she's a boss for getting needles stuck into her eyelids.

QUESTION to everyone:
    Wow, I just got hit really hard with that one. Breathtaking places came to mind - friends' picture I have seen or pictures I have seen in books or on the internet... and then I realized I had never been to those places myself. Something's gotta change.

My answer, however, surprises me somewhat. I love nature and very much dislike cities but my gut reaction is to say Florence, Italy. Maybe because I grew up in such an ugly city a beautiful one seems all that much more glamorous to me. Pulled these off the web. My pictures sucked.

I felt so at home there.

Naturally beautiful places, I would say Hawaii is very beautiful but doesn't stir anything in me. I'm more moved by the beauty of my part of the world - the pacific northwest.

From a hike I took this spring:
    cushman rendered.jpg

Re: oil pulling, I remember reading about it a while ago and I was going to try it but never got around to it. I heard it's supposed to boost immunity as well?
    Is it weird in here, or is it just me?

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Wish I could see the undercut!

Oil pulling helps when my gums randomly feel irritated. I associate that irritated feeling with receding gums, so I'm pretty paranoid about it (having already had grafts done when I was 12 to prepare for lower braces). I only do it a few times a week and it's so much less of a hassle now that my coconut oil is always liquid.

Over Pompeii by ~cloudysoul on deviantART
    I took a trip to Italy when I was 17 and we visited a bunch of places. Pompeii was probably my favorite. I'd love to do a tour through Italy again.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Graycat is offline Senior Member
    QUESTION to everyone:

I'll be bias, since it's a place in my homeland.

The Rhodope Mountains

Holy crap Gray - that is stunning!!! I'll have to put Bulgaria on my "to visit" list.

Nameless and Ombat: I agree: there's something magical about Italy. I think it's cos' you're constantly confronted with a fallen empire. Rome gives me a real sense of my own mortality.

Ci: Paris is a cliche for a reason If there are such things as past lives I bet you were French btw!

Oil pulling: that's interesting NW, about the receding gums. I noticed that one of my teeth is getting very long, so hopefully this will help with it. I'm using sunflower oil, which obviously isn't ideal, but I just couldn't be bothered melting coconut oil every morning. Om, don't know about improving immunity. Don't see how it would...? But hey, anythings possible!

And, here is the haircut! It actually looked better last time I got it done - next time I'm going to get a thinner line along the side.

Ombat, which ear should I get the triple piercing on? My left ear (with the flower earring) has three holes already; the right ear (with the mid cuff piercing) has two holes.
    Last edited by YogaBare; 07-07-2013 at 11:54 AM.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Quote Originally Posted by CiKi90 View Post
    Well, I am French in this life, too, lol. But, a lot of other things mixed in there, too!

Your haircut is cute, and the highlights don't seem to be too light, I think you were just expecting something specific and kinda freaked because it's a little different. But, no worries, you'll get used to it and then you'll love it!
    Ha, thank you! Actually, I know the colour is okay: it's just too blond for my face. But the hair was honestly the least of my worries yesterday: I just threw it in there as another aspect to my shitty day

- Ray Peat

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    You got an undercut? Niiice

Sorry to hear you fell out with someone too. Any reason for that?
    Complications. Also, don't think it's a falling out, I just pissed them off really badly. Sorry to be vague, but I'm not keen on voicing personal things anywhere.
    Last edited by Derpamix; 07-07-2013 at 12:41 PM.
    Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.

PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    You got an undercut? Niiice

Complications. Also, don't think it's a falling out, I just pissed them off really badly. Sorry to be vague, but I'm not keen on voicing personal things anywhere.
    No worries, el Duderino

Supplement question:

If you apply a vitamin to your skin (in a cream or whatnot), is it as good as taking a supplement? I'm using powered niacinamide in a cream, and I'm wondering if this is enough, or should I be taking a sup as well? Also, if I'm using Copper peptides, would this give me copper intake (or do I really have to eat liver? )

I just ordered Aloe Vera juice, and Vitamin D 5000 softgels. The sup toll is starting to rise again...!

Food
    Yesterday: May as well track it.

Breakfast: Kiwi, 50gs lf cottage cheese
    Midday Snack: 1 nectarine, 1 peach
    3pm Snack: 1 shortbread biscuit
    6pm Snack: 2 cocktail-size chorizo sausages with Tahini
    8pm Dinner: Lamb kofta (smallish) with yogurt; three pieces white bread
    10pm "Desert": 50gs cottage cheese, 1 and half pints vanilla ice cream.

Drinks: morning coffee with gelatine, 11am coffee, 2 x afternoon coffees (one black), 500mls coconut water, 450 mls red wine.

Today:

Have not been hungry.
    Lunch: 3 x fried eggs, 7 dates, some watermelon.
    "Dinner": 2 slices Edam (50gs)

Drinks: small glass OJ, 5 x coffees (two with gelatine), tea w/milk, sugar and gelatine, raspberry tea w/gelatine.

Sups:
    gelatine x 4
    progesterone cream x 3 applications (on hands)
    vitex 30 drops x 2
    vit b complex x 2 (after evening workout)
    Topical B3 (on cheeks)
    Topical zinc (on slightly sunburnt thighs )
    Last edited by YogaBare; 07-07-2013 at 03:44 PM.

- Ray Peat