Page 120 of 244 FirstFirst ... 2070110118119120121122130170220 ... LastLast
Results 1,191 to 1,200 of 2434

Thread: This is not a lobe song page 120

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
    why "other than yoga?"

reality is, there's a lot to learn in terms of yoga, and a lot to experience. there are a lot of ways to practice and experience and try new things. I know that, for myself, I'm really excited about the postural work that i'm learning combined with what I already know about yoga. it's really exciting.

it's really not just a form of exercise, either. There are so many layers to it -- there's so much history, and then there is all of the literary side of things, the religious customs and concepts, the philosophy and it's practice (both ancient and modern), plus of course all of the energy work and how that fits into the picture . . . plus several meditation practices to try, etc etc etc. I mean, the list is pretty endless.

That being said, I'm really enjoying pilates and belly dancing. I'd love to get into roller derby but just haven't been able to get the time. I should probably sell my gear.

But, I mostly do and think about yoga. LOL
    Yoga, energy work, spirituality, postural work = all used to excite me a lot. But I've had this realisation that I've spent so many years doing all these subtle things, and I'm at a point where I need to start seeing results. In every aspect of my life: career, body, relationships. That's not just in relation to yoga, but I do see yoga as a representation of this inward path that I have taken for the last 8 years, while my life hasn't really changed. The externals change all the time, but I don't seem to be going anywhere.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

sauerKraut is offline Member
    ^ I believe for some people they have to chose a "path of action" in life. Go thru changes and understanding that comes from real life experience. I tried all the stuff you mentioned, including meditation (which I still find helpful) and I never felt like I was changing...some people simply experience a "shift in consciousness" with whatever they do, where even eating paleo/primal is a breakthrough. This never happened for me, the only thing that helps me grow is constantly moving and doing stuff that scares me, which in itself is quite scary, so sometimes I end up just doing nothing.

Earlier I started writing a response to all your responses, and then I went out and had an unbelievable shitty day, so now that response will probably not see the light of day

Firstly, I got my highlights done, and the hairdresser made them so blond that I look like a tramp. Secondly, it was a beautiful day, and I spent the whole time indoors at the screening of a seriously depressing documentary. Thirdly, after the screening/Q+A, I went for a drink with some friends, and the film maker was there and totally looked down on me. Fourthly, I went for dinner with my friend afterwards, and had a huge fight with her that probably marks the end of our friendship. Fifthly, I came home and ate a pint and a half of ice cream Not quite "a binge", but definitely the closest thing to a binge I've had in a long time. I don't know if it's been the stress of today (which I believe came about as a result of the stress I started to feel yesterday) or if it's cos my diet has been too low fat for the last few days, and my body needed what I just gave it.

I wish I could elaborate more on any of that, cos' I really feel lost right now, but I also feel totally dead inside and incapable of communicating what's going on

On a positive note, the yoga guy finally asked me out!
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

diene is offline Senior Member
    Oh dear, I'm sorry about your day. That really does sound sucky! I think, sometimes, ice cream (even lots of it) is just what you need after a day like that. Ice cream or chocolate or alcohol or all three.

If you elaborate on any of those things when you feel like it again, I'd love to read it.

Zach is offline Banned
    Haha, women never cease to curiousify me.

Quote Originally Posted by diene View Post
    Oh dear, I'm sorry about your day. That really does sound sucky! I think, sometimes, ice cream (even lots of it) is just what you need after a day like that. Ice cream or chocolate or alcohol or all three.

If you elaborate on any of those things when you feel like it again, I'd love to read it.
    Thanks D. Part of the problem was drinking on an empty stomach. Another part was if I'm just a psycho loser who's better off alone.

Quote Originally Posted by CiKi90 View Post
    I'm sorry, lovely....

On another positive note.... that book came in! ^___^ *hugs!* thank you thank you thank you! I hope your day gets better, really!
    Thanks. And delighted you got it! Really hope it's helpful <3

- Ray Peat

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    1). That's all in your head, plus, you can color over them!
    2). This is all day, every day, for me, but there will be more beautiful days to come.
    3). How so? Maybe this was just your perception?
    4). I know how you feel here, I think I've all but fucked up most of my old friendships, including last night, when I was acting like an absolute retard. But, true friends stick around through the worst of it.
    5). Ice cream is one of those friends, let it comfort you. It's not a binge unless you label it a binge.

And I think the yoga guy likes your highlights, which confirms what I said above. Cheer up buttercup! If all else fails, I have marijuana and aniracetam that I won't be using for a while, you're more than welcome to help yourself to. Well, I'll be using the aniracetam, but not the pot.
    nihil

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    Highlights tone down after a little bit don't they?

Getting stuff done by Jeff Gogue is proximity/price/schedule. He's a very sought after guy, has a huge waiting list, and travels a lot. I think he occasionally works in a shop in MA though. As it is, I know what I want next from my local artist, but have a lot of more responsible things to take care of . I had to tide myself over with a facial piercing this past January.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

Graycat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post

Firstly, I got my highlights done, and the hairdresser made them so blond that I look like a tramp. Secondly, it was a beautiful day, and I spent the whole time indoors at the screening of a seriously depressing documentary. Thirdly, after the screening/Q+A, I went for a drink with some friends, and the film maker was there and totally looked down on me. Fourthly, I went for dinner with my friend afterwards, and had a huge fight with her that probably marks the end of our friendship. Fifthly, I came home and ate a pint and a half of ice cream Not quite "a binge", but definitely the closest thing to a binge I've had in a long time. I don't know if it's been the stress of today (which I believe came about as a result of the stress I started to feel yesterday) or if it's cos my diet has been too low fat for the last few days, and my body needed what I just gave it.

I)
    Ok, firstly, sorry you feel down.

Embrace being blondie. Obviously it is not so bad. Someone liked it. That guy. If you still can't stand it, you can just dye over the whole thing.

Okay. the film and the filmmaker were obviously not worth your time.

You will smooth over things with your friend. Fights seem the end of the world at first. Then it blows over.

You enjoyed some nice ice cream. It's okay. It's only food.

Good on being asked out by that guy you seem to be fancying

ETA: I had forgotten to tell you that I used to live in South Africa for a year when I was little. Well, not that little - 15.
    BEAUTIFUL!!!
    Last edited by Graycat; 07-06-2013 at 04:21 PM.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    1). That's all in your head, plus, you can color over them!
    2). This is all day, every day, for me, but there will be more beautiful days to come.
    3). How so? Maybe this was just your perception?
    4). I know how you feel here, I think I've all but fucked up most of my old friendships, including last night, when I was acting like an absolute retard. But, true friends stick around through the worst of it.
    5). Ice cream is one of those friends, let it comfort you. It's not a binge unless you label it a binge.

And I think the yoga guy likes your highlights, which confirms what I said above. Cheer up buttercup! If all else fails, I have marijuana and aniracetam that I won't be using for a while, you're more than welcome to help yourself to. Well, I'll be using the aniracetam, but not the pot.
    Thanks Derp <3 Well,
    3) the guy was just a bit rude to me. Looked me up and down and dismissed me. It happens sometimes in this sphere of the world, most of the time I brush it off, but today it pissed me off.
    4) Unfortunately, this was kind of the final straw with my friend. I was sick of her shit - constantly putting me down, judging me, criticising me for not being a good enough friend, taking her moods out on me... i was avoiding her for about two months but she kept asking me to meet up with her, so I did. And she did her usual shit, and I exploded. We left things really badly. Feel like I'm seven again... or that i've just broken up with someone..!

Sorry to hear you fell out with someone too. Any reason for that?

Oh, and the guy asked me out over text Also, I have no idea what aniracetam is. You guys make me google so much stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by Graycat View Post
    Ok, firstly, sorry you feel down.

Embrace being blondie. Obviously it is not so bad. Someone liked it. That guy. If you still can't stand it, you can just dye over the whole thing.

Okay. the film and the filmmaker were obviously not worth your time.

You will smooth over things with your friend. Fights seem the end of the world at first. Then it blows over.

You enjoyed some nice ice cream. It's okay. It's only food.

Good on being asked out by that guy you seem to be fancying

ETA: I had forgotten to tell you that I used to live in South Africa for a year when I was little. Well, not that little - 15.
    BEAUTIFUL!!!
    Thank you Graycat I really appreciate your common sense.

Btw, why did you bring up South Africa - did I tell you I spent a few months there? LOVE it! What part were you living in?

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Highlights tone down after a little bit don't they?

Getting stuff done by Jeff Gogue is proximity/price/schedule. He's a very sought after guy, has a huge waiting list, and travels a lot. I think he occasionally works in a shop in MA though. As it is, I know what I want next from my local artist, but have a lot of more responsible things to take care of . I had to tide myself over with a facial piercing this past January.
    Highlights get blonder with time... when it's summer!!

Good call on the facial piercing - I used to have my lip done, and I really miss it.

- Ray Peat