Page 12 of 244 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast

Thread: This is not a lobe song page 12

Zach is offline Banned
    Primal Fuel
    Was this the first day doing salted water? Will be interesting to see if it keeps having that same effect. Fun y how something so simple can have such a profound effect. Your right about salt having a big impact on thyroid, i feel the same with my salted water, its another one that changed my life.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    Was this the first day doing salted water? Will be interesting to see if it keeps having that same effect. Fun y how something so simple can have such a profound effect. Your right about salt having a big impact on thyroid, i feel the same with my salted water, its another one that changed my life.
    Yeah, first day! I'm also interested to see how it goes. Funny, it has the same effect as coconut water: that feeling of instant absorption. normally when I drink water it makes me thirstier.

How did this one change your life? Do you feel it's like drinking a meal?
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Zach is offline Banned
    Yea something about minerals in water make it much more available to the body. No i dont use it for appetite suppressent. Before i was not drinking any water and getting all my fluids from food or juice/milk. I would get heart palps and a chest tightness late at night. One day i was reading something about curing cancer with cannibis oil and the guy said to always drink water with a pinch of salt because it helps your body to absorb the water instead of diluting it and pissing it right out. That could be complete crap but i found it interesting and since i never drink water it was just one of those lightbulbs that went off saying that i bet im dehydrated. It was something i just never tried, you know? Its weird but after so many years there is not much i havnt tried and now my biggest leaps in health come from tiny little things that seems so simple its almost dumb.

Anyway i just feel better all around. More energy, better skin, better endurence and blood flow (sexual) and just feel healthier. I think people do need a lot of water i their diets but i think the sodium is key. I love coconut water as well but i dont trust imported coconuts so i dont drink it daily.

Another thing that i think about is how much minerals we would have as sea going and coastal people. If you eat straight from the ocean and swimming/living next to it you would be gett massive amounts of sodium as well as other minerals.

PaleoMom is offline Senior Member
    Your thyroid experience reminds me of a kombucha experience I had once. I got between some dogs in a fight at a time when I was really battling adrenal fatigue. I felt so full of adrenaline and just completely toxic from it. I drank a big glass of kombucha and it felt like it just attached itself to all the adrenaline in my body and took it right out. Very strange!

VacillateWildly is offline Senior Member
    Good day! Hooray Ms Bare! I know what you mean about clock watching for food. I have 1 hour and 48 minutes till lunch

My menstrual cycle is all over the place too, but mostly I think because my body is stressed from lack of food or sleep. I am anywhere from 21 - 65 days! Makes planning a little hard. Do you get PMS? Mine is less from eating primally.

Also, a few post back about cellulite. I was interested to read that yours is worse from eating primal - why? I've never had much but it's much better, I only noticed recently. Someone gave me a huge tube of free anti-cellulite cream (new product) meant to dramatically reduce within 4 weeks. It's been 2 so far and no change, I'll keep you posted. It's not something I would ever have bought myself, but may as well give it a go. It's pretty stinky stuff, makes me gag a bit if it catches in my throat!

No peace with food for me lately. Hoping it reaches you instead

badgergirl is online now Senior Member
    *waves* nothing of import to say, but it feels rude to lurk!
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm!

Quote Originally Posted by PaleoMom View Post
    Your thyroid experience reminds me of a kombucha experience I had once. I got between some dogs in a fight at a time when I was really battling adrenal fatigue. I felt so full of adrenaline and just completely toxic from it. I drank a big glass of kombucha and it felt like it just attached itself to all the adrenaline in my body and took it right out. Very strange!
    That's so interesting... Did you read up on Kombucha afterwards to see what kind of effects it has on the body? Whenever I eat a food that gives me that feeling in my thyroid I usually email encyclo-Derp and ask him whether it's a food that supports or suppresses thyroid. It's always one that supports it! Our bodies are actually so sensitive if we learn to listen...

Quote Originally Posted by Dexy View Post
    Good day! Hooray Ms Bare! I know what you mean about clock watching for food. I have 1 hour and 48 minutes till lunch

My menstrual cycle is all over the place too, but mostly I think because my body is stressed from lack of food or sleep. I am anywhere from 21 - 65 days! Makes planning a little hard. Do you get PMS? Mine is less from eating primally.

Also, a few post back about cellulite. I was interested to read that yours is worse from eating primal - why? I've never had much but it's much better, I only noticed recently. Someone gave me a huge tube of free anti-cellulite cream (new product) meant to dramatically reduce within 4 weeks. It's been 2 so far and no change, I'll keep you posted. It's not something I would ever have bought myself, but may as well give it a go. It's pretty stinky stuff, makes me gag a bit if it catches in my throat!

No peace with food for me lately. Hoping it reaches you instead
    Hey Dex

I thought my cycle was screwed from not eating meat for so long... but I think the problem goes back further, cos I did have cysts on my ovaries when I was 19/20. I never got bad PMS but I noticed this month I got zero cravings, which is an anomaly!

It's not the primal diet that's worsened my cellulite: it's my 16 lb weight gain, and all the junk food binges Although saying that, it's gotten worse again since I started body brushing and refeeding. I'm hoping that it's disloging... Btw I don't think those creams do anything :P

Sorry to hear that you still don't have peace with food It's such a good expression, isn't it? Is that a phrase that's used at OA?

Hugs!

Yea something about minerals in water make it much more available to the body. No i dont use it for appetite suppressent. Before i was not drinking any water and getting all my fluids from food or juice/milk. I would get heart palps and a chest tightness late at night. One day i was reading something about curing cancer with cannibis oil and the guy said to always drink water with a pinch of salt because it helps your body to absorb the water instead of diluting it and pissing it right out. That could be complete crap but i found it interesting and since i never drink water it was just one of those lightbulbs that went off saying that i bet im dehydrated. It was something i just never tried, you know? Its weird but after so many years there is not much i havnt tried and now my biggest leaps in health come from tiny little things that seems so simple its almost dumb.

Anyway i just feel better all around. More energy, better skin, better endurence and blood flow (sexual) and just feel healthier. I think people do need a lot of water i their diets but i think the sodium is key. I love coconut water as well but i dont trust imported coconuts so i dont drink it daily.

Another thing that i think about is how much minerals we would have as sea going and coastal people. If you eat straight from the ocean and swimming/living next to it you would be gett massive amounts of sodium as well as other minerals.
    It's true about the salt intake: when I was vegan I never salted anything, and my blood pressure was so low that I would get dizzy standing up. Same thing happened when I went low carb. I've always had low bp but lately I've been salting everything heavily, and when they check my bp in the gym it was normal for the first time in my life! Also, I noticed that when I used to eat salted oatmeal for breakfast (so good!) my bms were totally regular, and I attributed this to the salt drawing water into the small intestine.

It's great you say that about dehydration: I've thought for ages that I seem to have difficulty absorbing water cos' my hair and skin are dehydrated (as oppsed to dry) and even if I drink a lot of fluids it doesn't make a difference cos' I just pee it out. It'll be interesting to see what happens now.

And yeah, much as I love coconut water, I'll be happy if I don't need to drink so much of it as it's a total drain financially...!

Btw, re. stomach acid: what do you think of ACV as a tonic?
    Last edited by YogaBare; 09-25-2013 at 05:09 PM.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Zach is offline Banned
    ACV is one of those weird things that some people say is magical and others say can be harmful. Some say its an acid that turns alkaline in the body, others that its so acid that it will help with stomach acid.

Its been around for thousands of years and Hippocrates used it as a cure all so maybe it could be of use. Personally i cant stand the taste of vinegar so for that reason alone i dont fucks wit it.

ACV is one of those weird things that some people say is magical and others say can be harmful. Some say its an acid that turns alkaline in the body, others that its so acid that it will help with stomach acid.

Its been around for thousands of years and Hippocrates used it as a cure all so maybe it could be of use. Personally i cant stand the taste of vinegar so for that reason alone i dont fucks wit it.
    Ha, I wish I had the problem of disliking certain foods but I never met a foodstuff I didn't want to eat

I took it a few times but I didn't notice any benefit so I never stuck with it. Part of me feels that something should have an immediate effect or that means it's not the right thing. But maybe that's cos' I'm part of the MTv generation :P

- Ray Peat

PaleoMom is offline Senior Member
    Kombucha is a very slow and mild chelator. I drank it while doing other chelation for getting rid of heavy metals. I'm not sure if it was doing the same thing to the adrenaline. I could feel it in every vein in my body. I once drank it while I had a terrible UTI that had started to go to my kidneys and I could feel it go right to them. BTW: I've found kombucha to be the best cure for a UTI I can find. I've had stubborn ones that nothing helped, that went right away after a few bottles. I don't get then anymore though, I think it was a grain thing.