Page 118 of 244 FirstFirst ... 1868108116117118119120128168218 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,180 of 2434

Thread: This is not a lobe song page 118

ombat is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    OOOOOooooooOOOOOOOoooooooo <3
    Meh, I don't know. I know people who don't text back for days. Or he could purposefuly be playing coy. Or he could hate your guts! (I don't think it's the latter).

Re: eating bread.... den... stop eating it? Are you craving it or something? Obviously it don't agree with you none.

brooke.S. is offline Senior Member
    All those things that happened to you when you ate bread sound like it could have to do with an allergic reaction... With thyroid. Have you ever had you thyroid antibodies tested? I know your mom has hashis and I don't wish it on you but you might want to get those checked next time you go to the doctor.

I got vitex in the mail today. I'll probably start it in a few days.

That's great about your measurements!!! You must have gained muscle. You have been through a heck of a journey so far and it looks like you're coming out better.... And stronger!

Graycat is offline Senior Member
    Hmmm, on the delayed text responses, maybe that guy is trying to pretend this is not a priority for him. But then people play all kinds of dating games. I would give him the benefit of a doubt for the time being.

I haven't had bread in years. Not that I'm intolerant or anything. I just don't like it. I feel that when we don't eat certain foods on regular basis we give ourselves intolerance to them. Like the gut micro-flora that processes them dies off or something. It's common when people go dairy-free.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    My tendency is to speculate on the negative side

@ Om... I knooooow. I just want to eat "normally", so I keep testing to see if I can manage bread. Sometimes it's okay, most times it makes me feel shit / gives me spots. I was craving it yesterday though, weirdly. Maybe for the iron.

@ Brooke, thanks for the thoughts! Had my thyroid anti-bodies checked and they were "normal" but I never checked how "normal". But I know my T4 is under, and my T3 is low. But pretty sure it's the result of Oes dom. Great you're starting Vitex! Ray Peat says it lowers TSH, so that's a good thing. (What's your TSH?)

I don't know about gaining muscle... That seems to be the logical explanation, but I don't see where it could have gone...!

@ Graycat, I've actually been eating bread regularly for the last few weeks... just travelling etc. Sometimes it was okay. Maybe the reactions have more to do with yeast? And yeah, we'll see about the guy...
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

diene is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, my guess is that the guy is playing coy. I really hate it when guys do that. I think it's unbecoming of a man...

Quote Originally Posted by diene View Post
    Yeah, my guess is that the guy is playing coy. I really hate it when guys do that. I think it's unbecoming of a man...
    Dunno... I don't think men play as many games as women. They might play it a bit cool, butI think often how they act just reflects their interest level.

Btw Diene - coolest smiley EVER in your sig! Clicked in and found a few more gems...

Hours of entertainment!
    Last edited by YogaBare; 07-03-2013 at 03:08 PM.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

PaleoMom is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CiKi90 View Post
    Paleomom, which estrogen post are you referring to? I'm one supplement shop trip away from snagging some fenugreek extract! Lol. I don't want to sabotage myself!
    #1231 on page 124

PaleoMom is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    Yeah, I've learnt to research how any of these supplements affect the hormones as you just don't know... I can't remember - is your oestrogen high?
    No, it is actually a tad low: 1.2 (1.3-3.3)

Argh!!! I had an entry written and then I deleted it Quick rewrite:

Going to start tracking my food again. I seem to be losing weight, and in a few weeks I'll be interested to see how many cals a day I was eating. (Today is a bad day to start though, as I didn't eat much (ate loads yesterday and day before)).

Food:
    Breakfast: 2 slices gouda (40gs)
    Lunch: 2 slices gouda (40gs), 1/3 pinapple
    Snack: two kiwis
    Dinner: three fried eggs, mustard, 100gs vanilla ice cream, two dates

Drinks: two coffees w/milk and gel (16gs), two teas w/ milk and 2 sugars, 1 rasp tea w/gel and 2 sugars, Alcohol: 250gs red wine, small glass OJ.

Supps:
    4 drops progesterone oil (gave me a stabbing pain in head earlier), 2 x Vit D-Cal, 20mg Duphaston (last day - meant to get period tomorrow.. even though have been menstruating for last 10 days ), 30 drops Vitex.

Mood:
    Had panic attack this morning. Unusual.

Last edited by YogaBare; 07-04-2013 at 03:43 PM.

- Ray Peat

PrimalCon New York
    Falling in love with life...?

Something has to change.

I've been stuck in a rut for a long, long time now. My life feels stagnant. I want to create something new, but I have no idea how to do it. Help?

I kind of feel like the solution would be to fall back in love with life. I have plenty of happy moments, and bursts of inspiration, but I can't seem to find any enduring passion for anything anymore.

Sorry, I'm not being very specific, I don't really have the energy to go into it right now. I'm stuck in Groundhog day.

Oil pulling!
    In other news, I just started this, and it works! I've only done it three times, but after gargling with the oil for just a few minutes it comes out white (I guess this means my mouth is very toxic ) My teeth are already definitely whiter. I've been using sunflower oil though, which is going to send me to PUFA hell.

Food:
    I went for acupuncture today and get this - my acupuncturist told me that for my condition I should only eat dairy, eggs, and fruit (particularly melon)!! Which is exactly what I've been eating for the last two weeks...

Breakfast: 3 slices Edam (75gs), five dates
    Lunch: 600gs low fat cottage cheese, 200gs cherries, mouthful of beef liver (that sounds so wrong... and it was. Lamb's liver is tolerable, but this tasted fucking rancid, hence only had the mouthful )
    Dinner: 7/8ths of a medium watermelon, two spoons cottage cheese (about 50gs)

Drinks: three coffees: two w/milk and gel (16gs), one w/ff milk, 1 litre coconut water.

Supps:
    1 drops progesterone oil, 2 x Vit D-Cal, 60 drops Vitex.

Tattoos!
    All the tat talk the other day got me inspired and motivated to start the ball rolling for my next tat. I walked into a parlour today and saw a beautiful tat of two elephants being done on someone's back in the middle of the shop. It was stunning: like a pencil drawing, with shading. But when I checked out the website I wasn't hugely impressed with the artists work. What do you guys think? Happy Sailor Tattoo
    Last edited by YogaBare; 07-05-2013 at 01:09 PM.

- Ray Peat