Page 117 of 244 FirstFirst ... 1767107115116117118119127167217 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,170 of 2434

Thread: This is not a lobe song page 117

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I'm really on a roll with these:

"I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    Seriously though, the last picture cracks me up... the look on his face! And the word he choose... And the fact that it's misspelled! Where do these people come from?
    I couldn't read it for a minute!

http://critink.tumblr.com/ This blog isn't active now, but if you go back, she critiques bad tattoos and it's awesome.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

diene is offline Senior Member
    Nice, Zach.

Haha! I like the "Insert Coins in Slot" one. I think I'd like to get a tattoo someday. A triquetta, maybe, or some other Celtic knot. Outer thigh, where it would show when wearing short shorts/skirts but not work clothes.

Seriously though, if I ever got one with words and the person misspelled something, i think I would kill them.

Hey, YB, what kind do you have?

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    I couldn't read it for a minute!

http://critink.tumblr.com/ This blog isn't active now, but if you go back, she critiques bad tattoos and it's awesome.
    I made it my avatar, but I'm probably the only one who'll get the joke

I looked at the "good tattoos" section of that site - some really nice ones! I think if you want a sunflower, you could get a really nice one, done artistically.

Quote Originally Posted by diene View Post
    Hey, YB, what kind do you have?
    It's on my hip - an Indian henna design. It was nice and intricate when I first got it done (age 18), but years of losing and gaining weight has made it all bleed so it's pretty substandard now. DOnt care though - it's not visible.

Want to get one on my inner arm. Been meaning to for aaaages.
    Last edited by YogaBare; 07-03-2013 at 11:23 AM.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Graycat is offline Senior Member
    Literally LOLed

Seriously though, the last picture cracks me up... the look on his face! And the word he choose... And the fact that it's misspelled! Where do these people come from?
    I find the look the funniest thing in that picture. And that might well be someone from my town. I kid you not. That's what I get for living close to the sticks.
    And lookit her. She's done changed her avatar.

diene is offline Senior Member
    Now you're like Derp--with an opposite-sex avatar.

ombat is offline Senior Member
    God isn't the only one "juging" that guy right now.

That's what I did and unfortunately, my first tattoo was still a mistake =P. I was a walk-in and the guy just did it. The second one was me bringing ideas and pictures (of birds) to an artist and having them draw it up for me. I think it's a good plan though, but it's important to either have a really good artistic vision/ability, or find a good artist who will be able to translate an idea to images that fit well on your body. I'm glad I never got the other teenage tattoo ideas I had (small bat/demon wings, a little heart near my hip bone, a sunflower on my shoulder though I still want a sunflower somewhere).
    I would like to get a friend to design a tattoo for me. I have a couple who are incredibly talented and that would make it more special to me. I myself have no artistic ability whatsoever.

Yes, love the avatar, Yoyo.

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Want to get one on my inner arm. Been meaning to for aaaages.
    This is going to vary from person to person, but the very small amount that went on my inner arm (edges of leaves) hurt soooo much more than all the rest! I think muscled areas hurt less than fleshy.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Quote Originally Posted by diene View Post
    an opposite-sex avatar.
    All part of my master plan. Take that, imaginary stalkers!

This is going to vary from person to person, but the very small amount that went on my inner arm (edges of leaves) hurt soooo much more than all the rest! I think muscled areas hurt less than fleshy.
    The one I already have is on my hip, and it didnt hurt... but it was a pretty simple, quick design. Yours has shading and stuff, so I imagine that would be agony on flesh!
    Last edited by YogaBare; 07-03-2013 at 11:30 AM.

- Ray Peat

Quote Originally Posted by CiKi90 View Post
    Apparently, the people with misspelled tattoos come from my family! Ha! My sis has got a tattoo with some kind of Alice in Wonderland, psychedelic mushroom stuff on her upper arm, and it says "CARPE DIAM" in box letters on the bottom.
    <Sigh>. People always make their tattoos MEANINGFUL. I'm going to get one of a chicken nugget.

Speaking of which -

FOOD
    So, today I ate bread! And, I say this every time I eat it, but I definitely hate the stuff. As soon as I had it my chest felt tight, I got really hot, and my heart started racing. I crashed this evening, and then tonight I had that "bingey" feeling.

Also, I think I'm losing weight on this high fruit diet! My measurements are back to where they were before I went on holidays, though weirdly my weight it still higher than ever.

SUPPS
    My Ray Peat Progesterone cream arrived today. It says it's cool to use it directly on wrinkled / sun damaged skin, so I used it under my eyes...! We'll see what happens.

Other than that, still using the vitex and the Duphaston. Have a full blown period though, which isn't supposed to happen. Tomorrow is my last day on this course of treatment, so we'll see what happens...

LOVE LIFE
    In other news, the Yoga guy from a few weeks ago has been texting me. However, whenever I reply to him, he doesn't write back til the next day! I don't take that as a great sign...?

I'm also going on a date with a really fit cyclist on Friday. We're just going to hang out in the park. He's just out of a relationship so he isn't looking for anything, which is fine with me. I just need to get back into the dating game... I think I'm turning frigid!

Last edited by YogaBare; 07-03-2013 at 01:22 PM.

- Ray Peat