Page 115 of 244 FirstFirst ... 1565105113114115116117125165215 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,150 of 2434

Thread: This is not a lobe song page 115

PaleoMom is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    YB, I just saw the estrogen post relating to the fenugreek, that is interesting and a bit of a bummer. That is the first thing I've read against fenugreek. I didn't notice and increase or decrease of other problems when I took it but that doesn't me it wasn't doing something. I wasn't feeling awesome during that period anyway, so minor setbacks balance out with minor gains and I wouldn't notice small hormone changes. Overall though I would say that my breast growth was the only thing I noticed it doing, I had hoped it might help with muscle growth, but nothing happened there.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CiKi90 View Post
    Paleomom, which estrogen post are you referring to? I'm one supplement shop trip away from snagging some fenugreek extract! Lol. I don't want to sabotage myself!
    Top of previous page - I wrote it.

Quote Originally Posted by PaleoMom View Post
    YB, I just saw the estrogen post relating to the fenugreek, that is interesting and a bit of a bummer. That is the first thing I've read against fenugreek. I didn't notice and increase or decrease of other problems when I took it but that doesn't me it wasn't doing something. I wasn't feeling awesome during that period anyway, so minor setbacks balance out with minor gains and I wouldn't notice small hormone changes. Overall though I would say that my breast growth was the only thing I noticed it doing, I had hoped it might help with muscle growth, but nothing happened there.
    Yeah, I've learnt to research how any of these supplements affect the hormones as you just don't know... I can't remember - is your oestrogen high?
    Last edited by YogaBare; 07-03-2013 at 12:30 AM.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    Thats really great, yo! So interesting how a small shift in hormones can have such a profound effect. I know its still early but any changes with bloating, face flushing, temperature, etc?
    Thanks Zach No changes in bloating, or face flushing. I think my temperature might be marginally better (feet don't seem as cold). Tbh, I've kind of given up on the bloating, and temperature. It will sort itself out at some stage. And regarding the facial flushing, I'm half tempted to but this: Sweat Miracle(TM) - Cure Excessive Sweating | Hyperhidrosis Holistically

Only $38! LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorbag View Post
    Life is a huge Mega Grand Buffet! So many dishes to taste and try out, and so easy to go overboard, binge eat and be punished for our bottomless appetite afterwards...
    I want to do a cabaret with the candle sticks!

Quote Originally Posted by ombat View Post
    So so so happy to hear that you're feeling so great, finally!

And for once we aren't experiencing the exact same things - I saw the word "gouda" and suddenly felt nauseous. hehe
    Thank you We'll see how long it lasts...

I haven't allowed myself to eat cheese in about 4 years... I cut it when I went vegan and never went back! prior to that it was one of my favourite foods. I'm even thinking of allowing myself some homemade brown bread every once in a while...
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

diene is offline Senior Member
    I think the dosages those mice were given in that study were quite high. I mean, 50, 100, and 200 mg/kg! The Solaray Fengureek Extract contains 350 mg per capsule so three times a day of that is 1050 mg, only about a third of the lowest dose (well, that depends on your body weight--for me it would be about a third).

Maybe I'll give it another shot after I get some of my other issues sorted out (thyroid and weightloss). I have seriously considered getting breast implants--I'm so desperate to have bigger boobs. You can get breast augmentation surgery in South Korea for just $4k. Obviously, there are also plane ticket and hotel costs. But very doable if one has steady employment. I had been thinking that once I move back to CA, settle down, and find a job, I'd start saving up for the surgery. Obviously, it would be better if I could do it without surgery. I don't even need them to be that much bigger.

By the way, YB, glad that the Duphaston is working for you! I need something to improve my outlook too. Crazy how much hormones can affect your attitude! Better living through chemistry.

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    I have to say, it's a little tempting, but most of the info I read online said that the gain didn't last. I would rather come to terms with my body as is. I like my boobs, even if they are smaller than average. That isn't going to stop me from getting more tattoos though
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Diene, I think implants lose their appeal when you're surrounded by them. When I was in Las Vegas, every other woman had them, and after a while they just look like implants, not breasts.

Those studies kind of confused me. The first one said that Fenugreek might be anti oestrogen!

Paleomom did say that her gain lasted so... *shrug*. Dunno, I might try it down the line. My breast size doesn't bother me though - it would just be nice to be proportionate.

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    That isn't going to stop me from getting more tattoos though
    I've been meaning to get another tat for the longest time now!!! Procrastination station. What do you have in mind NW?

- Ray Peat

I've got a shitty little first tattoo on my chest that is going to get covered up someday (when I have the funds...), but I have what is basically a half-sleeve of an owl & eagle on my right upper-arm. It's kind of a family history/heritage thing, in homage to my dad's parents. My grandmother is not keen on tattoos, but accepts them, and she loved the sentiment.

I'm thinking about getting Baba Yaga's house on chicken legs on the open space on the other side of my arm. That lore has always fascinated me (along with all other fairy tales) and I just think it would be a really cool image. I am planning to get my cat tattooed on my foot whenever I can spare the money (because deep down inside, I am an old cat lady).

Zach is offline Banned
    I love the bird sleeve!

Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    I love the bird sleeve!
    I second that!

What's the one on your boob NW? Is it a.... cow?!

Zach, I can't picture it now, but I remember that you have an amazing sleeve too! Kind of Thai-style?

- Ray Peat

Thanks. Haha, no, it says "hope" in some stupid gothic-type font. It was so poorly done and then I let it get faded and then I let my future brother-in-law touch it up and it looked better, but he did a pretty sloppy job. It's just a stupid tattoo and there's no saving it. I'm very against straight-up word tattoos now