Page 114 of 244 FirstFirst ... 1464104112113114115116124164214 ... LastLast
Results 1,131 to 1,140 of 2434

Thread: This is not a lobe song page 114

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member
    No idea. I used Progest before My D3 supplementation kicked in. Cheap on Amazon.

PaleoMom is offline Senior Member
    Fennugreek extract will make a pretty decent increase in breast size too, it takes about 3 months for the full effect though. I grew enough to buy new bras

Dragonfly: that hormone flow looks a bit off to me...
    http://antiageingdoctor.com/wp-conte...1/IMG_9938.jpg

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PaleoMom View Post
    Fennugreek extract will make a pretty decent increase in breast size too, it takes about 3 months for the full effect though. I grew enough to buy new bras
    I did hear that before! With high Oestrogen I'm not sure if I should take something like that though. From what I'm reading, I think it may increase oestrogen?
    Fenugreek contains phytoestrogens. Phytoestrogens bind to oestrogen receptors and mimic the actions of natural oestrogen. In menopause the body’s oestrogen levels reduce significantly and this is responsible for most of the symptoms associated with menopause. However, clinical trials are less conclusive. Phytoestrogens have the ability to act both as an oestrogen type compound and as an antioestrogen.
    And this (English please? lol)
    Fenugreek is a plant from Fabeaceae family which is used for many medical plans. This study
    was conducted to study the effect of fenugreek seed’s extract on reproductive system of female
    Balb/C mice .To this, mice’s were divided in five groups: control, placebo, and three experimental
    groups. Each group had ten mice which their estrous cycles were synchronized for starting
    the study. Control group did not receive any drug. Placebo group received normal saline, and
    experimental groups were injected in peritoneum by 50,100, and 200 mg/kg extract every day
    until 20 days. After finishing injection, blood samples were taken. Hormone measuring (including
    FSH, LH, estradiol, and progesterone) was done using one way variance analysis of SPSS
    program at 95% probability level. Ovary slides were prepared and were studied using optical
    microscope. Obtained results, showed significant reduction in FSH, and LH levels and also significant
    increase in stradiol level in all experimental groups, but progesterone level was increased
    only in second experimental group. Histology results of ovary showed significant reduction in
    folliculogenesis of all three experimental groups. Also, increase in number of corpus luteum was
    highly significant. Furthermore, destruction of ovary tissues was observed in second experimental
    group. According to results, the extract of fenugreek seed stopped folliculogenesis trend and
    destroyed ovary tissue which shows its anti fertility effect in female mice.
    http://cdn.intechopen.com/pdfs/39932...es_in_mice.pdf
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

brooke.S. is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    <Sigh> I probably should have known, but what do you do when an endo prescribes you something? I guess I'll finish the treatment and see how I feel.

Thanks for the info and the link! I see that Lee has a progesterone cream. Do you know if it's supposed to be good? I just ordered this one Natural Progesterone Oil | Progest E Complex
    I usually take the prescription home but it never makes it to the pharmacy! haha

I've learned to always research anything a doc prescribes. I usually see if there is a natural alternative.

Progest-e is next on my "to buy" list.

diene is offline Senior Member
    Hey PaleoMom, which brand of fenugreek extract did you use? Fenugreek was what I took in my youth when I was trying to get my breasts to grow. I didn't use an extract though, just capsules. I bought a gazillion bottles and took them by the handful. Did some other stuff as well--there was some kind of oil that I rubbed on my breasts, can't remember what though. Sweet almond oil, maybe. Some people in the forums were taking estradiol, but I didn't try that. Anyway, nothing worked, haha!

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Ch-ch-ch-ch-ch-CHANGES

Since starting this latest course of Duphaston, there've been unexpected changes.

Firstly, my diet.

All I want to eat is fruit and cottage cheese. It's so strange. I've basically shifted to a Ray Peat diet, without even trying.

So far today I've eaten:

1 honeydew melon
    125g (4.41oz) blueberries
    200g (7.05oz) cherries
    500g (17.64oz) low fat cottage cheese
    1 small galia melon
    250g (8.82oz) vanilla ice cream
    125g (4.41oz) Gouda cheese
    1 braeburn apple
    16g Gelatine
    3 coffees w/ milk
    2 black teas
    1 tea w/ milk and sugar
    1 can coconut water

I ate more than usual today, probably because I was depleted after 24 hours of pooping. Actually, prior to this I've been weirdly satiated with no desire to eat meat... I'm guessing because of the gelatine, and the fact that fruit is such a pleasure food for me.

Secondly, my energy.

Apart from today, I've been bouncing off the walls. I'm enjoying exercising, and I'm making a point of staying on my feet as much as possible.

Thirdly, my attitude.

This is the biggest change. I had an epiphany the other day. I realised how I was still approaching my life with a victim mentality: like everything is a struggle, and that I feel half-dead from fighting to stay alive.

I suddenly understood that I could look at life as a challenge instead of a war; like a martial art / dance, instead of a battle. It's difficult to put into words, but there is an energy within me that I can harness at any time, and it gives me power, and grace.

It's interesting how all this coincided with a few drops of Vitex.

Last edited by YogaBare; 07-02-2013 at 03:03 PM.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Zach is offline Banned
    Thats really great, yo! So interesting how a small shift in hormones can have such a profound effect. I know its still early but any changes with bloating, face flushing, temperature, etc?

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    I suddenly understood that I could look at life as a challenge instead of a war; like a martial art / dance, instead of a battle.
    Life is a huge Mega Grand Buffet! So many dishes to taste and try out, and so easy to go overboard, binge eat and be punished for our bottomless appetite afterwards...

ombat is offline Senior Member
    So so so happy to hear that you're feeling so great, finally!

And for once we aren't experiencing the exact same things - I saw the word "gouda" and suddenly felt nauseous. hehe

PaleoMom is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by CiKi90 View Post
    Hey paleomom! I'd love to hear more about this fennugreek extract.... lol
    I took SolarRay brand fenugreek extract in capsule for, the non extract one didn't work very well. I took 1 capsule 3 times a day and after about a month I started noticing a difference. I was fuller and heavier and just larger overall, not like a huge change like I'd had implants or something but very noticable to the hubby's hands and eyes. It took at least 3 months to fully develop and perhaps 6 for the absolute max growth. I took it for a year and then stopped, there was some reduction when I quit but perhaps only a 25% reduction in what was gained. I searched a ton and couldn't find any negatives for taking it and it is quite cheap, about $7 a month.