Page 113 of 244 FirstFirst ... 1363103111112113114115123163213 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,130 of 2434

Thread: This is not a lobe song page 113

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I'm a dumb ass

I was all set to make a nice, positive post today and then - idiocy strikes I stupidly ate a mango this morning that was... ummm.... well passed its sell-by date.!

I felt a little funny afterwards but ignored it. Then I noticed I had the shakes, but I attributed it to the coffee... even though I never get the shakes after drinking coffee! After the gym I had lunch, and suddenly my stomach swelled up like a basket ball and "the runs" began. They got worse as the day went on, I started getting the chills, and then when I was doing my grocery shopping I got dizzy and started shaking all over. I came home and had to lie down for a few hours. All because of a rotten mango (and my own retardedness) :P At least I didn't feel any pain, but my stomach is still making crazy noises, and the toilet trips haven't stopped. Ugh!

It's weird: last month I was on a really good roll, and I got food poisoning, which totally knocked me off kilter. This month I've been on a really good role, and suddenly I get the shits.

Do you ever think that when things are going well, and suddenly you mess it up, that you are subconsciously self-sabotaging, because you're afraid of getting what you want / being happy / change?

In the past I would binge and purge as soon as I started getting to where I wanted to be. Almost seems like the patterns of my past are still an influence.
    Last edited by YogaBare; 07-01-2013 at 02:31 PM.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

diene is offline Senior Member
    Oh no! Sorry about your food misadventures! But I wonder if it's really the mango--not sure if it would make you sick so quickly. I mean, it couldn't have been that spoiled if you ate it? Maybe it's something else that you ate yesterday or the day before? it could also be a bug that you caught from another person.

I don't know if *you* messed up. It may or may not have been the mango. You could have caught a bug from someone, and it would not have been your fault.

ombat is offline Senior Member
    I'm not saying you sabotaged yourself with the mango (I agree that it could have been something else, unless there were maggots living inside of it or something) but to answer your question, I think there are many reasons we may keep ourselves from getting better: believing we don't deserve it, wanting to hold onto our identity as a "sick" person, wanting to test the limits of how much we can really endure. I could go on.

Anyway, I'm sorry about your tummy troubles and I hope you feel better real real soon <3
    Is it weird in here, or is it just me?

Duphaston

I'm having very heavy spotting with this latest course of Duphaston. It prompted me to do some more research into the drug. Keeping it here for my records, and to add to if I learn more.

Duphaston is the brand name for the synthetic hormone dydrogesterone, which is similar to the hormone progesterone. A woman's body produces progesterone during her menstrual cycle so she develops a healthy womb lining. When a fertilised egg fails to attach to the womb lining, progesterone levels in the body decrease and the lining sheds. Because dydrogesterone is similar to progesterone, doctors often prescribe it to women suffering from certain menstruation problems.

Duphaston is a progesterone given in infertility. It is common for intermittent spotting if breakthrough occurs during the course of hormonal treatment. duphaston helps you to regularise your periods by causing withdrawl bleeding .
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member
    Yikes! Why are you taking a progestin? Natural Progesterone cream would be a much better choice, IMO.

Sorry, I don't follow your thread, YB, just pop in from time to time, so I haven't read your reasons...

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    Yikes! Why are you taking a progestin? Natural Progesterone cream would be a much better choice, IMO.

Sorry, I don't follow your thread, YB, just pop in from time to time, so I haven't read your reasons...
    Hey Dragonfly, thanks for popping in I was diagnosed with Oestrogen Dominance a few months ago, and was prescribed Duphaston. It didn't agree with me the first month, so this month I started supplementing with Vitex and I feel much better. However, I'm getting very heavy spotting now, which I'm a little concerned about...

Why is a progestin bad?

- Ray Peat

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    Is estrogen dominance low progesterone or high estrogen?
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Is estrogen dominance low progesterone or high estrogen?
    It's always high oestrogen, but can also be low progesterone. I have both.

- Ray Peat

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    Hey Dragonfly, thanks for popping in I was diagnosed with Oestrogen Dominance a few months ago, and was prescribed Duphaston. It didn't agree with me the first month, so this month I started supplementing with Vitex and I feel much better. However, I'm getting very heavy spotting now, which I'm a little concerned about...

Why is a progestin bad?
    Progestins only have specific receptors in the body. Progesterone is a precursor for all the sex hormones and is used in many ways in the body.

If you want to balance your hormones, then Progesterone is a better choice, progestins are drugs to treat symptoms, but do not contribute to hormone balance in the long run.

Here's the continuum as I understand it: Vitamin D3 > DHEA > Pregnenolone > Progesterone > Estrogens > Testosterone

Personally and professionally, I have found that supplementing D3 to a blood level of 60-80 ng/ml, plus making sure there are sufficient cofactors for D3, plus a nutrient dense diet, rich in sea minerals, plus a long term approach = hormonal balance. This can take 6 months to a year for many women.

Dr. John Lee has a great site with info on estrogen dominance. You can still be estrogen dominant with low Progesterone and low estrogen, by the way.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    Progestins only have specific receptors in the body. Progesterone is a precursor for all the sex hormones and is used in many ways in the body.

If you want to balance your hormones, then Progesterone is a better choice, progestins are drugs to treat symptoms, but do not contribute to hormone balance in the long run.

Here's the continuum as I understand it: Vitamin D3 > DHEA > Pregnenolone > Progesterone > Estrogens > Testosterone

Personally and professionally, I have found that supplementing D3 to a blood level of 60-80 ng/ml, plus making sure there are sufficient cofactors for D3, plus a nutrient dense diet, rich in sea minerals, plus a long term approach = hormonal balance. This can take 6 months to a year for many women.

Dr. John Lee has a great site with info on estrogen dominance. You can still be estrogen dominant with low Progesterone and low estrogen, by the way.
    <Sigh> I probably should have known, but what do you do when an endo prescribes you something? I guess I'll finish the treatment and see how I feel.

Thanks for the info and the link! I see that Lee has a progesterone cream. Do you know if it's supposed to be good? I just ordered this one Natural Progesterone Oil | Progest E Complex

- Ray Peat