Hey folks,

I'm a 22 year old male from San Diego. I have been primal for about two years. I'm 6'2" 195 lbs. and pretty darn lean (not sure I think about 10% b.f.). I have had elevated blood pressure for the past few years and I can't figure out why! For a while it was down to normal so I stopped checking it. I recently started checking it again and I've been averaging around 145/80! Not Cool!

Other Info: I am very active. I lift weights about 3-4x a week, and I surf and snowboard often. My diet is pretty on point. I eat lots of meat,veggies, eggs, avocados, and cultured and/or grass-fed dairy. For carbs I get an estimated 150g a day or so from potatoes, yogurt, and fruit. I also have 1-2 beers each night (I'm 22). I was drinking too much coffee for a while, so I quit and that doesnt seem to have been the issue. Also, I do not eat an excessive amount of sodium and get plenty of potassium. Also I get a full 9 or so hours of sleep most nights.

If anyone has any ideas/tips/pointers as to reasons why I might have high blood pressure and/or what I can do to get it down that would be great! I have an appointment with my doc in a couple weeks. Also any insight as to wether or not its a good idea to take meds for this would be appreciated.

THANKS