Thread: Eating fat page

Gadsie is offline Senior Member

Eating fat

Primal Fuel
    Isn't it selfish?
    A lot of people nee to drink low fat milk for you to eat butter. And eat lean meats for you to have lard etc. Of course a lot of people consume low fat stuff, but it's about the idea, you kind of "force" other people to eat unhealthy if you eat healthy.

This is just my made up theory, please tell me different
    Billie trips balls

noodletoy is offline Senior Member
    our choices are the definite minority. nobody is forcing anybody to do anything. people choose to eat low-fat stuff. in fact, i have a very hard time finding full-fat yogurt when i want it, so those preferring low-fat have acres of shelf-space, while i may have to go to several stores to find what i want.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadsie View Post
    Isn't it selfish?
    A lot of people nee to drink low fat milk for you to eat butter. And eat lean meats for you to have lard etc. Of course a lot of people consume low fat stuff, but it's about the idea, you kind of "force" other people to eat unhealthy if you eat healthy.
    Like me! I gladly give away the fattest cuts of meat, and some of the egg yolks I give to my cat! No bacon and Bulletproof for me, and yes, I am still primal...

jakey is offline Senior Member
    basically, yes. it's a selfish world. if you can eat meat, you're doing better than most of humanity. we're not all going to make it through this in good health, or happiness.

wiltondeportes Guest
    There's plenty of fat to go around if we start using it more efficiently. They generally trim and toss a ton of fat around the muscles.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadsie View Post
    Isn't it selfish?
    A lot of people need to drink low fat milk for you to eat butter. And eat lean meats for you to have lard etc. Of course a lot of people consume low fat stuff, but it's about the idea, you kind of "force" other people to eat unhealthy if you eat healthy.

A lot of people need to eat more fat in order for low-fat and fat-free people to be able to eat their chosen diets. They eat lean meats, forcing us to eat their extra lard, tallow, chicken fat, and butterfat. We do what we can, but those low-fat people are so irresponsible.

Reindeer is offline Senior Member
    Lol. Aside from maybe bacon, the fattest parts seem to be the cheapest - why is it a bad thing to eat them if other people don't want to? That'd let it all go to waste, no? That doesn't make any sense.

BestBetter is offline Senior Member
    This way of thinking assumes that:

1) Leaner cuts of meat or dairy with fat skimmed off is necessarily unhealthier than the fattier cuts or full fat dairy, which isn't true.

2) Everyone has the same food preferences, which they don't. Many people prefer leaner cuts of meat or lower fat dairy. You could argue that not buying fattier cuts or heavy cream would be allowing it to go to waste since many people won't buy those things.

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Reindeer View Post
    Lol. Aside from maybe bacon, the fattest parts seem to be the cheapest - why is it a bad thing to eat them if other people don't want to? That'd let it all go to waste, no? That doesn't make any sense.
    Fat is not bad at all - if you need the calories! So if you live close to the North-pole, and do a lot of hard physical work in the cold, you will need the extra calories from the ingested fat to maintain your weight and keep some lard on your body to protect you from the cold climate! Not so for me living close to the equator line, here the extra bodyfat is not a must at all to keep me warm and I prefer to stay below 10 % of bodyfat to feel cool...

wiltondeportes Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorbag View Post
    Fat is not bad at all - if you need the calories! So if you live close to the North-pole, and do a lot of hard physical work in the cold, you will need the extra calories from the ingested fat to maintain your weight and keep some lard on your body to protect you from the cold climate! Not so for me living close to the equator line, here the extra bodyfat is not a must at all to keep me warm and I prefer to stay below 10 % of bodyfat to feel cool...
    Interesting. I never thought of wanting to stay cool. I do recall reading that tropical peoples ate more fish to make up for lack of big game.