Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Favorite Chicken Recipe page 2

tcseacliff is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    My new fav is chicken thighs. rub with garlic ,onion powder,salt,pepper,paprika ,parsley. put them in my backing pan with a small rack to hold them off the bottom, then around the pan put chunks of sweet potato,onions,garlic, mushrooms,red peppers.

roast the whole thing on 350 until thighs are browned all over, baste as you go in juice in pan. best meal !

OneDeltaTenTango is offline Senior Member
    Beef.

Seriously, though, I like to do a Thai-seasoned minced chicken and have it in lettuce wraps with chopped nuts, cilantro, lime, etc.

Bifcus is offline Senior Member
    Shove a quartered lemon in the cavity of a whole chook. Oil the outside and season with salt, pepper and perhaps a tiny bit of garlic. Smoke in a lidded BBQ with nice flavoured wood chips until it almost falls apart. Yummmm

lambchop is offline Senior Member
    flattened breast, add ham and cheese, roll, sear to brown, bake. Yum.

nickybfwb is offline Junior Member
    Grilled chicken breast
    Salt, pepper, cumin, coriander, turmeric, garlic powder, chipolte powder rub
    Lightly oil the chicken and then add the rub, get it under the skin as well as on top. Get grill to medium hot throw it on there. Cook some sweet peppers and zucchini with it. Optional grab a lemon or lime cut in half, oil the cut and place cut side down on the grill. Just before taking the chicken breast off the grill squeeze the lime or lemon or both over the chicken.
    Last edited by nickybfwb; 03-20-2013 at 05:21 AM. Reason: Spelling to early lol

yodiewan is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lambchop View Post
    flattened breast, add ham and cheese, roll, sear to brown, bake. Yum.
    To elaborate on this idea:
    Grilling: Chicken Involtini with Prosciutto and Basil | Serious Eats : Recipes

And this can definitely be done indoors if you don't have access to a grill.

Also, this recipe makes a really good presentation:
    Butterflied Chicken Greek Style Recipe : Bobby Flay : Recipes : Food Network

CavemanJoe is offline Senior Member
    Chicken thighs cooked in some olive oil, butter and tarragon, then drain most of the fat when chicken is done, then add some white wine and full fat cream and some more tarragon to the chickeny sticky bits. Served with some steamed leafy greens.

waterjen is offline Member
    I always make this with bone-in chicken thighs, but no reason you couldn't try it out on a breast.

For four thighs, I usually use about:
    1 large clove minced or chopped garlic
    1 t powdered rosemary (make your own or check out Penzy's, I haven't seen powdered rosemary anywhere else)
    1/4-1/2 t cayenne
    S&P if desired
    juice of half a large lemon
    olive oil to taste
    That's it. Just a handful of ingredients. Mix and spread on the meat. Because I use bone-in, skin-on, I usually rub the mixture on as well as under the skin. The skin ... divine.
    I usually bake in the oven with halved brussels sprouts (which I squeeze lemon juice over as soon as they come out of the oven).

RuthGV is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Chicken and sausage tray bake as posted by Jencossy!! Yummy!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12