Thread: Recommend a rack? page

Dignan is offline Junior Member

Recommend a rack?

Primal Fuel
    Hey all,

I am assembling a basement primal gym, and would appreciate recommendations for a power rack/cage.

I want to be able to safely do squats, chest presses, and shoulder presses. A pull-up bar is essential, and a dip station too. And I'd also like to be able to do hanging rows.

It doesn't seem like I need anything with moving parts.

Thanks in advance!

RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    Rogue S-2. that's the one I wish I had. i have a cheap set of stands made by a company called valor. available on Amazon .

Big Jim is offline Senior Member
    Get Mark Rippetoe's book "Starting Strength". It has plans for building your own power rack, which I'm sure you can easily modify to include a pull up bar. Plus the book is more than worth it anyway if you're getting into lifting.

MprDoc is offline Senior Member
    I have come to the conclusion that rogue make equipment of unparralled quality. Our HIT gym on base is fully rogue outfitted and the fit and finish of everything is pretty amazing. If you have some welder skills though you could make your own like Big Gym recomended but I would make sure welding was something your confident with. Than again maybe you could bolt one together from Square tubing and use a drill press to make the mounting holes for attachments.