Hi all.
New to this way of eating.
42 year old female, 160cms short (5 foot 2 inches), 87 kilos (191 pounds). Have no known food intolerances. Obviously need to lose at least 20 kilos.
Cut out all processed carbs and sugar 4 weeks ago. Lost 3 kilos first week, 1kg second week, absolutely nothing in the last 2 weeks.
Breakfast consists of either eggs (1x fried or 2x scrambled) and bacon or a banana smoothie (milk, banana and greek yoghurt). Sometimes I will also have a small bowl of raspberries and greek yoghurt if I don't feel satisfied.
Lunch is salad and protein (ham, salmon, chicken etc).
Afternoon snack if hungry is usually 6-8 nuts (cashews, macadamias, pistachios) and some cheese.
Dinner is salad or veges plus protein (steak, chicken, fish etc.). Sometimes I will have a small bowl of raspberries and greek yoghurt after dinner if I don't feel satisfied.
I don't usually feel hungry between meals, sugar cravings are mostly gone, am in ketosis (as per the pee stick things). I do track my calories intermittently and average between 1200-1400 calories a day, 60-70% fat, around 30% protein and 5% carbs.
I must admit to having a mostly sedentary life except for the 2-3x 12 hour shifts a week I work as a midwife. I know this is something I really need to work on.
I sleep well (7-9 hours a night usually) and have a fairly low-stress life.
Right, so now you know all the stats can someone please tell me why I have not lost any weight for two weeks??? Getting quite frustrated.
Thanks in advance for any advice.
-Kristine