Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: please rate this meal plan :) page

egyption grok is offline Senior Member

please rate this meal plan :)

Primal Fuel
    okey well im 15 years old have 15 pounds to lose, im new to primal just finished a week and feel great okey so here we go

this is a meal plan after a 36 hour fast
    breakfast: 4 eggs (pouched) in tbsp butter yum!!!, an almond pancake in 1/2 tbsp butter ( 200 calories, 8 carb g), chai tea, coffee with 1 and 1/2 tbsp heavy cream)

lunch(was planning on eating steak but didnt find any so went for a more boring eating plan today) another 2 eggs in 1/2 tbsp butter, 1 almond pancake in 1/2 tbsp butter, 1 can tuna with 1/2 tbsp olive oil,50g pinar labna the ratios are quite good(it contains 9g fat to 3g carb) in 1/2 tbsp olive oil.

then went on a 16 hour fast oh and the fasts are not new to me, as a muslim i already used to fast ramadan , and lately i have been fasting monday and thursday a ritual of our prophet(that was before i went primal) and the fasts lasted 12 hours so it is not such a huge change in my life
    Last edited by egyption grok; 03-16-2013 at 07:49 AM.

Darz is offline Senior Member
    Wasn't the other thread you posted enough? You are 15 and are trying to lose weight? Unless you are obese, you should be concerning about getting plenty of calories - you're still growing, you need to eat. A 36 hour fast is enough to start affecting your muscle mass - and your diet seems to be deficient in vitamins and minerals since you don't seem to eat fruits, vegetables and tubers.

little vase is offline Senior Member
    Glad you feel great! This is my opinion only ( which someone will be along shortly to disagree with, most likely ) - stop the fasting for now, especially since you're just getting started. Give your body a chance to become more acclimated to this way of eating first. Eat three meals a day and don't worry about fasting or narrowing your eating window for at least a month. Hopefully you'll continue to feel so great that you don't look upon Primal as just a weight loss tool, and instead see it as a permanent healthy change of lifestyle. A 36 hour fast is too long for someone so young. If you eat properly and get some exercise, you won't need to fast.

As for rating the actual meal plan, I would try to scale back on the pancakes. The rest is protein, fat and dairy and is very good. If you can get avocados, they're filling and have good fats and are good with eggs and proteins and also with pinar labna. The eggs are good, the tuna is good. Get some veggies in there - maybe instead of poached eggs do an omelet with spinach and onions, for example. Add celery to your tuna fish. Maybe add some fried potatoes at breakfast - a healthier alternative to the pancakes. The weight will come off, and you'll be full and happy. Eat! There's plenty of time to fine tune things.

well okey easy, first only one person replied and he didnt even say if it was good or bad, and the thread was getting to the back of the pages and i want to know if im eating well or not, and i cant get in veggies and fruits bec they have a considerable amount of carbs and im trying to get in ketosis , so try to be nice a bit im new here and i want to understand the process, and if the first one was enough why didnt u answer to it huh ??

little vase is offline Senior Member
    You can bump up any thread just by posting in it, eg. For future reference.

Try this without going into ketosis at first, that's my advice. Ketosis is actually a pretty great tool and I use it myself, I just think you need to acclimate yourself first. I think you should start a journal here and document your foods, too. It's another tool you can use to help yourself.

Where are you getting your macros from? I use SparkPeople to check nutritional data.

i use fitday its what mark suggested , i also have a question before i could have stayed up all night but now on primal i start getting sleepy around 8 pm , i wake up at 6-7 am. is this normal here in egypt sunset is at 6 pm

Why do you want to be in ketosis?

also before i start primal i wasnt eating like crap anyway, the only thing i use to eat was bran cereal, bulger , and oats, but i didnt eat fats used to try and avoid them, but no junk or sugars., also another question can occasionaly like every week or so i eat a box of whole wheat crackers (70 calories)(13g carb)(3g fiber no sugar)

bec i want to burn fat and get to my leanest body so i could start living primally without having to worry about my weight and body fat, and im a pole vaulter so i need to be very lean

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by egyption grok View Post
    bec i want to burn fat and get to my leanest body so i could start living primally without having to worry about my weight and body fat, and im a pole vaulter so i need to be very lean
    You can accomplish exactly that by eating plenty of carbs + you'll benefit more since carbs are more efficient in sustaining your workout - ketosis is unnecessary unless you suffer from epilepsy or some type of metabolic syndrome.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast