Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Does caffeine stop absorption of vits and mins? page 5

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Drumroll View Post
    That's an interesting THEORY at least. Wonder what results you'll have.

Also, regarding the mate, you have the options of smoked or unsmoked mate which are both good in my opinion. The unsmoked mate is smoother and a little grassier tasting and might take sweeteners a little better. The smoked stuff obviously has the smoky edge to it which can be good on its own without sweetening if you are a fan of smoked foods. I believe ALL of the studies linking mate consumption to cancer were conducted with the smoked stuff so it has been proposed that the smoking process itself is what might be to blame.

I theorize from that, that the unsmoked stuff carries no risk. On the other hand, consuming the smoked stuff once in a while (just don't abuse it) is probably fine and dandy.
    Which studies? The ones I saw are pretty nonsensical, so I'm not worried about it. Right now I'm steeping smoked mate since it's all I have.
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

Quote Originally Posted by codered5 View Post
    This just drives me nuts. If your on this site, it stands to reason that you do not believe mainstream media research concerning grains. And yet you tout mainstream media research on caffeine and dont look at the negatives? Do you really not see the hypocrisy here, i feel like im taking crazy pills. And dont give me the crap about mark saying its ok for two reasons.

1. Probably 2% of the people on this site use caffeine in the way recommended by mark
    2. Marks a smart guy- he knows that if he suggested eliminating coffee, the primalblueprint would have 20% as many followers. Wouldnt be surprised at all if he actually thinks its more harmful than good, he just knows he cant get between folks and their addictions.

This is not a commentary on how i feel about caffeine- i personally dont drink coffee but if thats the worst you are doing you are prob doing fine. I just hate hypocrites.
    Uh, you do realize it's only mainstream media that demonizes caffeine, right? Everything Paleobird says about caffeine is conventional wisdom at best, for example.

KimchiNinja is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    If you get withdrawal symptoms from using it regularly and then not having any, it's a drug.
    Yeah, I come from the land of SBUX where most people are addicted to this stuff. Many people can't even function without it.

As an investment analyst I had a double espresso every day for 10+ years. Sometimes a double double. You don't ever want to try doing financial modeling without espresso! I know lots of people on "the street" who did the same and eventually hit the burn out. Quitting was hard for me, it took a full month of feeling like crap before I was able to have normal energy without it.

I was totally its slave, but now I am free!

BestBetter is offline Senior Member
    Sometimes I really feel like an alien.

I never experienced caffeine withdrawal. I can drink strong coffee every day for months, then not have it and feel the exact same. I could eat my weight in candy, and aside from a nasty stomachache, feel zero sugar high. I also don't feel any (nicotine) stimulation from smoking a really strong cigar (I've even smoked two in a row and nada).

I've never actually in my life felt any physical effects from coffee...no increase in energy, nothing.

I wonder what makes people sensitized to stimulants like caffeine or nicotine (or sugar, which isn't exactly a 'stimulant' but should theoretically give a big energy boost) while others don't react at all.

Quote Originally Posted by BestBetter View Post
    Sometimes I really feel like an alien.

I never experienced caffeine withdrawal. I can drink strong coffee every day for months, then not have it and feel the exact same. I could eat my weight in candy, and aside from a nasty stomachache, feel zero sugar high. I also don't feel any (nicotine) stimulation from smoking a really strong cigar (I've even smoked two in a row and nada).

I've never actually in my life felt any physical effects from coffee...no increase in energy, nothing.

I wonder what makes people sensitized to stimulants like caffeine or nicotine (or sugar, which isn't exactly a 'stimulant' but should theoretically give a big energy boost) while others don't react at all.
    We're the same( except I feel the stimulants) which is why I brought up the thing regarding serotonin.

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    Well, hope you enjoy your mate then Derp.

I might look up the studies for you later. And yeah, even Mark says the links are pretty weak at best.

healthy11 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    I love you coffee

Quote Originally Posted by Drumroll View Post
    Well, hope you enjoy your mate then Derp.

I might look up the studies for you later. And yeah, even Mark says the links are pretty weak at best.
    Thanks dude, I actually did using your preparation techniques. Drizzled a little honey and it was great and refreshing.

Zach is offline Banned
    Friggin hippies and your mate.

Marinas Florin is offline Senior Member
    Mostly iron but there is really no exact response to how much. I would take my vitamins after a meal not after a glass of coffee tho hehe.
    No Bull fat loss and muscle gaining at http://www.nobsbb.com

I am not a bodybuilding/fat loss/strength training "guru" BUT I achieved a lean state with ease after learning the correct way to train and eat and I want to HELP YOU achieve the same.

Lose Weight/Gain Muscle/Strength - FEEL BETTER

Start here: http://www.nobsbb.com/new-start-here/

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast