Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Does caffeine stop absorption of vits and mins? page 4

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    If you get withdrawal symptoms from using it regularly and then not having any, it's a drug.

But then, you can't expect a junkie to be in anything other than denial. Your poor adrenals.
    I don't get withdrawal symptoms from anything. Don't really need lessons in psychosomatic nonsense, but oh yes, my poor adrenals.

Thanks for the tips, Drumroll.
    nihil

Paleobird Guest
    I don't know about Derp, but most coffee drinkers get headaches and feel crappy if they don't get their joe in the morning. That is withdrawal.

Derp probably never gets these things because he has the caffeine on a mainline drip 24/7.

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    If you get withdrawal symptoms from using it regularly and then not having any, it's a drug.

But then, you can't expect a junkie to be in anything other than denial. Your poor adrenals.
    Ah PB, you should know it's easy enough to avoid the adrenal problems by simply taking a day or two off of caffeine every now and then. You only MIGHT have adrenal issues if you can't get going without your caffeine on a daily basis.

That's the biggest sign. And even if you DON'T have adrenal issues, you don't want to be that tied to a particular substance anyway. I would personally (and Derp may disagree here) advise anyone who intends to take caffeinated beverages regularly, to at least give yourself a few days off every now and then. Or lower your dosage. If you find that too hard, then maybe there are some underlying issues.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Drumroll View Post
    Ah PB, you should know it's easy enough to avoid the adrenal problems by simply taking a day or two off of caffeine every now and then. You only MIGHT have adrenal issues if you can't get going without your caffeine on a daily basis.

That's the biggest sign. And even if you DON'T have adrenal issues, you don't want to be that tied to a particular substance anyway. I would personally (and Derp may disagree here) advise anyone who intends to take caffeinated beverages regularly, to at least give yourself a few days off every now and then. Or lower your dosage. If you find that too hard, then maybe there are some underlying issues.
    This is a totally reasonable position. You are using it in moderation and not as an energy crutch, just like Mark said.

This is a totally reasonable position. You are using it in moderation and not as an energy crutch, just like Mark said.
    Like I said, I have days where it might seem like I am abusing the stuff (I love my tea).

But then I take a few days off when I think I might be using too much. I've yet to experience much issue doing this.

Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    Thanks for the tips, Drumroll.
    No prob. If you feel like giving mate another try, cold-steeping it may be the option for you.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Drumroll View Post
    No prob. If you feel like giving mate another try, cold-steeping it may be the option for you.
    Yeah, I'm going to try it. It seems like it'd be perfect with some honey too.

I'm testing a theory that all things are addictive in the context of high serotonin. Eg tobacco: Smoking brain scans - M370/0778 - enlarged - Science Photo Library
    nihil

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Reminds me of your cunnlingus thread

Eheheheh...
    Yeah - both are gateway drugs that lead to more serious things
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Yeah, I'm going to try it. It seems like it'd be perfect with some honey too.

I'm testing a theory that all things are addictive in the context of high serotonin. Eg tobacco: Smoking brain scans - M370/0778 - enlarged - Science Photo Library
    That's an interesting THEORY at least. Wonder what results you'll have.

Also, regarding the mate, you have the options of smoked or unsmoked mate which are both good in my opinion. The unsmoked mate is smoother and a little grassier tasting and might take sweeteners a little better. The smoked stuff obviously has the smoky edge to it which can be good on its own without sweetening if you are a fan of smoked foods. I believe ALL of the studies linking mate consumption to cancer were conducted with the smoked stuff so it has been proposed that the smoking process itself is what might be to blame.

I theorize from that, that the unsmoked stuff carries no risk. On the other hand, consuming the smoked stuff once in a while (just don't abuse it) is probably fine and dandy.

codered5 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    This just drives me nuts. If your on this site, it stands to reason that you do not believe mainstream media research concerning grains. And yet you tout mainstream media research on caffeine and dont look at the negatives? Do you really not see the hypocrisy here, i feel like im taking crazy pills. And dont give me the crap about mark saying its ok for two reasons.

1. Probably 2% of the people on this site use caffeine in the way recommended by mark
    2. Marks a smart guy- he knows that if he suggested eliminating coffee, the primalblueprint would have 20% as many followers. Wouldnt be surprised at all if he actually thinks its more harmful than good, he just knows he cant get between folks and their addictions.

This is not a commentary on how i feel about caffeine- i personally dont drink coffee but if thats the worst you are doing you are prob doing fine. I just hate hypocrites.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast