Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pregnancy and paleo page 2

Ilythia is offline Member
    Shop Now
    Well then you know what I would just go for it. Millions of woman go through their pregnancies living on carbs and refined sugar and not much good food.

Continue eating primal but be careful with milk if you think you might be at risk of GD and look at unsweetened yogurt, cream & cheese instead.

There's nothing like running around after children to help shift the last few pounds anyway - worry about that later 😊

Are you having foods like organ meats and bone broth? I'm waiting for a book to arrive on healthy pregnancy and traditional foods. I'll find a link but it looks worth reading.

And my last tip - have you looked at websites like fertility friend? They have an app too. Makes it so much easier to get pregnant. Combine their fertility tracking with OPKs, nutrient dense food, some exercise and you're giving yourself the best chance of getting pregnant soon.

Will look out for your news 😉

Angelique is offline Member
    S-piper, thanks for the support. I think you are right about just keeping on doing what I'm doing. I agree about the fasting and haven't really done it anyway. I am taking prenatal vitamins already. Keep losing weight until becoming pregnant and then increasing carbs with primal foods such as sweet potatoes and such. If I lose the I lose, but don't make a concentrated effort to lose. Thx.

Teach2183, thanks for the support. I have been exercising , but not lifting weights. Good idea. Thx so much.

Ilythia, thanks for all the suggestions. I have been doing some bone broth, but not organ meats. I haven't gotten that hard core yet. do you have any organ meat suggestions?

I'll check out fertility friend. My doctor sent me to the Catholic Church to learn the creighton model system of charting my cycles. I'm not catholic, but she feels it is a great method for achieving pregnancy and also avoiding it. The entire system is based on checking and recording information about your mucus. Tmi? It is certainly interesting, but also a bit tedious!

Thanks for the book suggestion. I'll check it out.

I have never heard of that model but that's the basis of fertility friend so I'd definitely do the course! I used the techniques twice and got pregnant the first month both times!

Great that you're already having bone broth!

Organ meats are quite hard to get used to if you're not brought up on them, aren't they!

Do you like pâté? My best tip is to make some chicken liver pâté (I don't has dairy so my recipe is chicken livers, coconut oil, onions and mushrooms all cooked together then blitz in the food processor to a paste). I take this to work for lunch with raw veggies - carrot, celery & sweet pepper sticks work well.

My husband isn't keen - says it looks like cat food 😄

I like lambs liver too but that's a stronger taste.

I haven't managed to get brave enough to try heart yet but I saw a kebab recipe with heart and thought that might just be ok.

Ilythia, ya know, I actually forgot about this but we ate chicken liver when I was a kid. I actually loved it. It was dredged( I think) in flour then sautéed with onions in butter maybe. So it was kinda fried but not hard crispy. Does that make sense? I could try this just without the flour. I could probably hang with the pâté. I remember we sometimes had beef liver prepared about the same way. It wasn't too awful but it was chewier or grisly maybe. Sometimes we had chicken gizzards too. I never did care for the texture. Thanks for getting me thinking! I'm going to put chicken liver on my shopping list now.

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member

Dragonfly, thanks so much for the links. Very interesting!!! Just what I was looking for.

steevennsmithh is offline Junior Member
    hi..........
    you loss your weight, you would continue eating healthy diet, I suspect you'll continue to lose weight in pregnancy and if you're avoiding grains and refined sugar you have a good chance of avoiding GD anyway (although google Henci Goer Gestational Diabetes for another perspective on that).

I think part of the reason it's not advised to lose lots of weight when pregnant or nursing is due to the release of toxins stored in fat. You don't want to be putting that in your baby's developing body.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast