Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Question for all of you lean people! page

Phillykid is offline Senior Member

Question for all of you lean people!

Shop Now
    Yesterday, I got curious to see how much calories really do matter when eating primal to get a lean body. I'm going to say this up front, I don't work out that much. I want to, but I just don't have the time. When I started primal, I was still conscious about my calorie intake, I ate about 1300-1500 calories. After a couple posts and reading through some threads, I increased my intake and now I eat about 2,000. Being a male, I still feel as if that is low because I read through a few threads with guys just as tall as me (5"5) who are eating way more and are so lean with muscle. But I'm also thinking that 2,000 is a little high for someone who isn't lifting. Now my question is, am I not getting any leaner than I should because I'm not lifting or should i be more patient? I guess you could say I fall under the skinny-fat category.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    Are you really too busy for 1.5 hrs a week? That's two heavy lifting and one sprints. Truly?

Truthfully, I am. I'm either too tired to workout when I come home from work/school and i'm just not a morning workout person. Sunday is the only day I have off and I do basic pushups and pullups then, but that's why I said I don't work out that much

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    3-4k a day here, no lifting. 6'3 150lbs

Take cytomel and drink 15 cups of coffee a day
    Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.

You're 6"3 though, I feel like 3-4 k is enough for you. I'm 5"5, doesn't height kinda matter in how much calories we need? I drink a cup of coffee every morning, 15 cups is a little too much, no?

It does, and 15 cups is a bit on the high end. 5 cups is the minimum. Caffeine cranks your metabolism.

If you feel like you're eating enough, you're fine. If you feel tired, cold, problems sleeping etc; odds are you could do with eating more.
    Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.

I'm not hungry at all. Sometimes I don't even eat breakfast and I'm still not hungry by the end of the day. I guess my main concern is does calories matter when losing body fat? Or am I eating enough or less or more and should just add in more lifting? I'm going to be honest, I'm still conscious about the whole calories thing.

Of course calories matter. You want to monitor your intake in proportion to your activity level. Too much of a deficit will put excess stress on your body and downregulate your metabolism. Slow and steady is the key.

If you really want to lose body fat quicker, you have to lift, simple as that.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    Sorry, kid, but I don't buy it. I just don't.

I have worked, gone to school, and managed to find 1.5 hrs per week to do some exercise. It ain't that hard, seriously.

If i we're a morning person then there wouldn't be a problem. But that is why i made this thread..to see if I should be lifting or if primal foods will eventually get me leaner

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast