Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Question for all of you lean people! page 3

Drumroll is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Yes Philly, I do. I do a 20/4 split with one large meal consumed pretty slowly.

I have lost a few pounds eating this way, though more than that, I have lost some fat. I still have some fat to lose admittedly, but running off the fast all day has made a huge difference by aiding me in eliminating some of the fat I have. It won't negate the need to lift or do lots of walking and some sprinting from time-to-time, but it'll help.

KG
    KG is offline Senior Member
    Wait wait, wait. You only get 3-4 hours of sleep PER NIGHT? My friend, it's no wonder you're struggling on every front. How do you expect to lose weight when you're in a chronically stressed state?

Get more sleep. You clearly have busy days so it might be tough, but there's no way you can get away with such little sleep. There's absolutely no alternative to a good night's rest, CONSISTENTLY, every night. If you can't cut back on study time, cut back on social time or whatever else you can sacrifice. Your body, mind and soul will thank you for it.

fuzzylogic is offline Senior Member
    So what are you doing that only gets you 3-4 hrs of sleep a night? Even in nursing school with a full time job and a kid I got better than that. Tape your lectures and listen while you run/walk, ditch the gripe sessions and the beer nights, STOP playing video games and screwing around in online forums---work smarter, don't surf when you are "studying" and you will have time.

It's not so hard, really.

Phillykid is offline Senior Member
    I might actually be overstudying. I don't go out much except on saturday nights because i know i can sleep in sundays. Going back to the question, should i add in more lifting or watch calorie intake? Losing body fat is my main goal

Darz is offline Senior Member
    How much do you weigh OP?

140. I actually gained weight, but got a little leaner in some parts. Stomach fat is the hardest to lose

Well, in my opinion, you should find the time to gain muscle if you want to get leaner - bulk and cut basically - In my case, I'm only 5'6, 138 lbs and lifting 3 times a week - and eating about 2800 calories. Been gaining about 2 lbs a month. Of course, everyone is different but that's what I think.

You're gaining weight, but just muscle right? I'm pretty sure my metabolism isn't as fast and that 2,000 calories is good for me. I'm going to try and lift more.

Well, in a surplus you'll be gaining both muscle and fat but the amount of fat I'm gaining is relatively small to the amount of muscle since my surplus is only about 15-20% of my TDEE. If you are going to "lift more" you'll have to eat more - and get a proper lifting program.

morsal is offline Junior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Of course, well said by Darz. As if you are going to do some more work on your body then definitely it will need more food and calories behind it just to back it up. Otherwise it could even lead to bad effects when doing a lot but not taking enough to back up.

Fairways Supported Living
    182-184 Hursley Road Toowoomba QLD 4350 Australia
    Phone : +61 1300 765 051
    http://www.fairwayssupportedliving.com.au/
    Providing community aged care supported living housing in Toowoomba, the Glenvale Villas are the perfect option for your loved ones, if they need a little extra help with daily living.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast