Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Does starvation mode exist? page 4

Zach is offline Banned
    Doing chronic cardio while eating a low calorie diet is the fastest way to ruin your metabolism and become a fat storing machine.

Quit with the cardio (i said this in previous thread), get some quality nutrition, rest and sleep and slowly introduce some weight training or bodyweight work like calisthenics or yoga.

Also i agree with others that 5'6 at 110 is very slim. I wont say its anorexic without seeing you (post a pic) but the skinniest girl i know is 5'1 - 110 and she has no fat to lose. Maybe you just have very little muscle though and adding some will help a lot.

VeggieLover is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    Doing chronic cardio while eating a low calorie diet is the fastest way to ruin your metabolism and become a fat storing machine.

Quit with the cardio (i said this in previous thread), get some quality nutrition, rest and sleep and slowly introduce some weight training or bodyweight work like calisthenics or yoga.

Also i agree with others that 5'6 at 110 is very slim. I wont say its anorexic without seeing you (post a pic) but the skinniest girl i know is 5'1 - 110 and she has no fat to lose. Maybe you just have very little muscle though and adding some will help a lot.
    I think I am lacking muscle for sure. I tend to have weight around my mid section as well.

I will quit the cardio, try the weight training with maybe a few HIIT sessions a week? Trust me, I want to feel really good and find the answers, which is why I seek advice from members who have been through this all. Thanks for the advice I appreciate it

Zach is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by VeggieLover View Post
    I think I am lacking muscle for sure. I tend to have weight around my mid section as well.

I will quit the cardio, try the weight training with maybe a few HIIT sessions a week? Trust me, I want to feel really good and find the answers, which is why I seek advice from members who have been through this all. Thanks for the advice I appreciate it
    HIIT works, just dont over do it, like with the cardio. Two sessions a week is plenty, and keep them short. It is better for fat loss though because you stay out of that aerobic fat burn zone.

No problem, good luck!

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by VeggieLover View Post
    I'm not trying to give you a complex here, but I would term that 'skinny fat'.

All of the advice that is being given to you in this thread is good. You should take it. Try to make some actual functional muscles, they are attractive on a woman, I swear. Strengthen your bones.

You won't be able to use low weight as a metric of self worth, but I think that health is more important, don't you?
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234