Thread: Hosting a MMA evening with neighbors...help page

goinggrok is offline Senior Member

Hosting a MMA evening with neighbors...help

Primal Fuel
    So there is a big fight on this Saturday and we are having neighbors over.

I usually do finger food, appys, chips etc....want to stick primal/paleo.

Need recipes and ideas please, I don't want the temptation of junk food around me.

Thanks

skorpion317 is offline Senior Member
    Meat. Lots of it.

Chicken wings/drumsticks, maybe BBQ'd ribs? Rib tips are a good finger food if you don't want to do whole racks of ribs.

I hope GSP wipes the floor with Diaz.
    SW (1/4/12): 326 lbs. (48% BF)
    Steak and Eggs SW (5/11/13): 198 lbs.
    CW (6/2/13): 185.4 lbs. (??% BF)
    GW: 185 lbs. (~15% BF)
    0.4 lbs. to go, ??% BF to go

lemontwisst is offline Senior Member
    Grilled or baked chicken wings, in some homemade sauces - hot sauce, teriyaki, honey dijon, etc.
    A tray of veggies with homemade mayo-based dip or a roasted red pepper dip, maybe some sliced meat and cheeses.
    MEATBALLS!
    Baked potato or squash chips to go with the veggie dips. If you want something chippy with less effort, you can find plantain chips in the veg section at Safeway that are fried in palm oil, not vegetable oil...they're delicious.

Where in AB are you? With all these tasty snacks happening, I might just wanna stop by!

lemontwisst is offline Senior Member
    A few more...
    There was a blog post about pork rinds the other day, and I found some at Walmart that are just pork, lard and salt...no MSG or crap oils, they're great snack food (although they may encourage beer consumption).

If you aren't averse to baking with nut flours, almond flour crackers are easy peasy too, and you can top them with almost anything...

goinggrok is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lemontwisst View Post
    Grilled or baked chicken wings, in some homemade sauces - hot sauce, teriyaki, honey dijon, etc.
    A tray of veggies with homemade mayo-based dip or a roasted red pepper dip, maybe some sliced meat and cheeses.
    MEATBALLS!
    Baked potato or squash chips to go with the veggie dips. If you want something chippy with less effort, you can find plantain chips in the veg section at Safeway that are fried in palm oil, not vegetable oil...they're delicious.

Where in AB are you? With all these tasty snacks happening, I might just wanna stop by!
    LOL....please do, I am very close to YYC

Jennifla is offline Senior Member

noodletoy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lemontwisst View Post
    A few more...
    There was a blog post about pork rinds the other day, and I found some at Walmart that are just pork, lard and salt...no MSG or crap oils, they're great snack food (although they may encourage beer consumption).
    i find it hard to believe that is not hydrogenated lard. i'd run far away from those things.

anything on a stick, like chicken or beef satay.

meatza.

if you have access to good sausage, roast some up with peppers and onions.

shrimp, either chilled or warm and spicy.

roasted, spiced and salted sweet potato fries.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

– Ernest Hemingway