Thread: Is it primal?! page

JohnOTD is offline Member

Is it primal?!

That's right ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the latest edition of "Is it primal?"

In all seriousness though, I've been adding hearts of palm to my salad and was wondering what everyone's take on it was. Are palm hearts primal?
    www.primalfreedom.blogspot.com

If a man has the right to self-ownership, to the control of his life, then in the real world he must also have the right to sustain his life by grappling with and transforming resources; he must be able to own the ground and the resources on which he stands and which he must use. In short, to sustain his human right. - Murray Rothbard

Helen in Oz is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Well from what I can tell after a quick google they seem edible, nutritious, low-carb and with no nasties. However.

It seems some species of palm have been sent to near extinction due to poaching - harvesting kills the palm - and given that these foods seem to be wild harvested from countries with little or no environmental management, I'd have to question the ethics of consuming them; possibly right up there with the orangutan-habitat-destroying Palm Oil.

I'd say go ahead as an occasional treat, but don't make a habit of them unless you can find an ethically-harvested source.