Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: primal journal ( Egyptian grok) page

egyption grok is offline Senior Member

Talking primal journal ( Egyptian grok)

Primal Fuel
    . im having so much fun with primal living, i fell better and not hungry anymore , (i had food addiction before i started primal) now i eat an average of 1800 calories , 30 to 40 grams of carbs( trying to get into ketosis) but probably will lower it to 20 to 30 grams.the rest comes mainly from fat and some protein.

i now warmup in my pole vault trainings barefoot for 1 mile and also cool down barefoot for another mile. im felling so great and i soo love the idea of being primal i just wish i would have found it earlier . what i have trouble with is the organic food and grass fed meats , pastured eggs and chicken. and the like. i started doing an hour of walking each day since we dont have mountains or anything i can hike on. taking up cycling 1 day a week which is friday the only day i have free in the mornings.

one sample of my eating would be , well i give you todays:
    1)breakfasti had just finished a 36 hour fast) , 4 pouched eggs in 1 tbsp of butter, 1 almond pancake with 1tsp honey and cinnamon in 1/2 tsp butter( the almond pancakes with the honey , 11 g of carbs )(this is where most the carbs come from), cup of strong coffee, and chia tea)
    2) lunch: another 2 pouched eggs with 1/2 tsp butter(didnts have steak at home ), 1 can tuna, another almond pancake with 1/2 tsp butter, chai tea, pinar labna with 1/2 tsp olive oil

then went to training
    Last edited by egyption grok; 05-01-2013 at 12:45 AM.

hey there everyone i know no one has still replied or anything but hoping u guys do today was pretty good , 10 more days until my African league championships im so happy but also so nervous this is my first BIG championship, although i had a mini under 16 world championship last year, got third btw

okay today for breakfast i had : 2 pouched eggs in 1/2 tbsp butter ,(i only had two today) , 1 small chicken leg(drumstick and thigh with skin on), cup of coffee with tbsp heavy cream, chai green tea
    for lunch had: almond pancake in 1/2 tbsp butter, chicken leg skin on, 8 small strawberries, 2 pouched eggs in 1/2 tbsp butter, 1/2 an onion, coffee with 1tbsp heavy cream and 1/4 cup milk for flavor.\
    for dinner had: 3 egg omelet with chopped greens(coriander, parsley, dill) in tbsp butter , with cup coffee and 1 tbsp heavy cream, 1 small tangerine .
    then i had pole vault training so decided to go on a 16 hour fast until breakfast tom. got in 1500 calories (102 gram fat, 38 carb, 108 protein) im guessing the ratios arent right well wats done is done

pole vault training was nice to day: ill give a brief outline of wat i did.
    first got barefoot and warmed up with a mile.
    then did dynamic stretching
    then 3 40 meter high knees, 3 40 meter butt kicks
    then did 2 100 meter consisting of 25 m sprint then 25 meter decelerate
    then did 4 long jumps (the one where u jump in a pit of sand ... i know i know some people know already) from 5 steps, then 6 long jumps from 7 steps , then 4 long jumps from 10 steps
    then did 50 rep of planting drill( i just take 3 steps and lower the pole and plant it in pit)
    then i pole vaulted from 5 steps 8 times , pole vaulted from 7 steps 8 times
    then did a couple 30 m sprints to train for the approach of the pit
    then cooled down with another mile, did stretches and headed home

thats it folks
    Last edited by egyption grok; 05-01-2013 at 12:46 AM.

Hedonist2 is offline Senior Member
    Welcome! I'm glad primal is going well. You might get more replies if you broke the text into small paragraphs. just saying.
    Ancestral Health Info - My blog about Primal and the general ancestral health movement. Site just remodeled using HTML5/CSS3 instead of Wordpress.

alg2435 is offline Senior Member
    Looks like you're doing very well! It's such a great, energizing, enjoyable sort of lifestyle - stick with it! Also, if you aren't able to buy organic meat and vegetables, don't worry. Worrying = stress = unhealthy. Do the best you can with what you have! It's still a huge step above a processed food diet. Good luck with the championships! Also, don't be disappointed if not many people comment - think of the journal as a way to help yourself keep on track. If you have any questions, just do a quick search on the forum and on Mark's posts. Basically everything there is to know is in the archives somewhere.
    Making adventure out of this thing called life

Cryptocode is offline Senior Member
    Hi Pole Vaulter, are you still on PB? How are you doing?

i dont know why i quit on this journal but planning on posting again from now on
    wow i just moved a big step in this primal living, i ONLY ate when i was hungry , yay me!!... i thought i couldnt do it because i thought i was ALWAYS hungry so i wouldnt make it through the day. i also have spring break now wohoo so i thought i should try going rowing its nice but pretty hard damn i felt like such a noob :P anyway yest i went at 9 am and suprisingly i wasnt hungry so i passed breakfast and when i came home from rowing i had lunch:

3 eggs with turkey steak an onion and a tomato(onion for cooking :P)

then i went to pole vault training and did
    1mile warmup
    500 meter , 2 min rest
    400m,2min
    300m,2min
    4 200m. 2min rest between each after that i did medicine ball throws then some abs and back excercises then i did weight training then some stretches and then went out with my family for dinner.

had: 5 lamb chops with 3 tawooks and some green salad
    so another thing to clear out , i stopped counting calories because when i did it made me eat for no reason say i average at 1800 and nw im at 1200 even though im bt hungry id say to myself it doesnt matter bec anyway u still have some room to play with sad i know :P so yes when i calculated the calories after the day was over i was at 1550 which is pretty good and im happy with that

sorry for the bordem iv put u in but ill try better next time :P !!!
    Last edited by egyption grok; 05-01-2013 at 12:47 AM.

Annieh is online now Senior Member
    Welcome back Egyption grok

I love lamb chops too It's fantastic how eating this way both tastes wonderful and stops the hunger dead.

Which means we can get on with life/polevaulting or whatever.

What are tawooks???

ooo sorry for that tawook is in arabic i just noticed now , well they are chicken legs that are cut up into pieces and i had 3 pieces from them , they r like diced chicken breasts but fattier

okay hey there today was a nice day although it was quit an empty day so it left me bored and thinking of food ,(sigh ) well anywho i had to wake up extra early today so i could attend rowing class, woke up at say 5:30 (damn im starting to hate this rowing thing :P) idk y but i took a handful of almonds while on my way out i wasnt hungry or anything i dnt know it just happened (oops , i guess its the "im supposed to eat when i wake up thing :S )

but anyway drove up with my mom to rowing club did some time say 30 min on rowing machine then got in to the water for first time wohoo! it was a bit scary at first but got the hang of it
    stayed some time in the water then got out did some pullups and some stretches then went home at 11:00am had lunch

which was: 2egg yolks with half turkey breast and some ground meat, 2tbsp butter and 2tomatoes and an onion
    then relaxed a bit and sat on the computer for 2.5 hours(note :should decrease amount of computer use)
    then got in the pool and swam some laps for 40 min or so wasnt actually looking for a workout just having some fun (i had rest from pole vaulting today)
    at 5 pm had dinner which was:

80g ground meat(i know i actually weighed it + 2eggs + 2 egg yolks, with 3.5 tbsp butter, and a cup of green salad that had peas in it

after that took an hour nap well i was pretty tired from the rowing and weight lifting of yesterday my body is so sore (well have to get over it bec tom. pole vault training is going to be tough :P) then went out with my sis to an intro class of crossfit( i really liked , the coach also told me if i went a month earlier i would have competed in the open tournment and would have done pretty well mabye even would have won :P (but oh well mabye next year ) damn the rowing coach also told me if i went two monthes earlier i would have competed in nationals and would have got a medal , well im happy that pole vaulting has gotten me to this position ( which makes me want to train even harder)

oh almost forgot when i came out of crossfit we passed by on the run ( i got sparkling water and some dark chocolate bt my sis got FREEZE and some nerds(sigh,, still trying to get her primal) when i calculated calories it showed 1950 im nt upset i think this is what my body needed today

thats it folks hope i didnt bore u this time , also tell me if im getting better at this or nt so i can improve myself , and make u guys follow with me

Cryptocode is offline Senior Member
    Great to have you back, EgyptianGrok. Good to hear everything is going to well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast