Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: primal journal ( Egyptian grok) page 2

egyption grok is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    hey there today i went to rowing class abit later then yest (woke up today at 6:45) it was fun but today i didnt enter the water because all the begginers werent there oh well did like 30 min on rowing machine.

before i left i had the leftover chocolate from my yesterday bar( okay this time i ate something in the morning nt bec i was hungry nor the reflux of "i should eat when i wake up" , idk i just ate it i dnt think we eat chocolate for a reason :P
    when i came home at 11:00 am had a late breakfast which was

half a cup of mixed veggies with 100g mushroom in tbsp butter and some heavy cream with 40g of liver pate (got recipe from paleobird ) wasnt really hungry so i didnt eat that much

i watched some t.v then took nap because i was extremely tired my body still sore from before yest (damn my pole vault training is in an hour and today is ganna be tough ) ( i also wouldnt call it a nap bec i slept for 3 hours :P

when i woke up i was quite hungry so i made another patch of veggies and mushrooms but this time with a cup of veggies and 150g of mushrooms in 4tbsp of butter and 1/4 cup of heavy cream with 100g of liver pate + an egg+ 2 egg yolks
    im pretty full nw and getting ready to head for training i think i should have eaten earlier but bec my mom was tired i had to cook for the whole family so my lunch was a bit late

and woohoo i finally made the macros work(trying to get in ketosis)
    119g fat
    54g protein
    35 carbs(net carbs 25g)

mabye the carbs went a bit higher then most days but protein down by 80g wohoo i just wish tommorrow when i test for ketosis its positive thats it folks mabye when i come home ill post what i did in my training

okay i thought today's training was going to be tough but not this tough damn i thought i was sore yest and today nw idk wat im going to be tom
    btw guys im in preseason now or idk what they call it but the workouts arent specific to pole vault nw so feel free to try out the workouts and if u do tell me how it goes, would love to hear ur stories
    okay so here we go
    first took off shoe and warmed up with a mile then did some stretches to loosen up my muscles bec as i said i was very sore
    then did 3*40 m high knee, then 3*40 meter butt kicks
    after that i did 4*50m bounding
    then i ran 4*100m sprints with weight (30kg) idk name of the machine or watever i was using but its something u tie a rope to ur waist and its a piece of metal that u add weights to it and u drag it along while u run
    after that i did 3*100m walking lunges (damn this was hard )
    then 4*50m frog jumps
    then 3*50m single leg hops (3 on each leg)
    after that i did 6*100m run(60-70% of max)i guess :P
    then did some abs and 30 min of stretching i know (30 whole minutes first time i do stretches for so long)
    and then came home , do u guys have any suggestions on how i could relieve the soreness? would appreciate that very much
    nw im ganna home in the hot tub

damn it im in ketosis !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!! i actually did a victory dance in the bathroom half-naked :P
    i wont forget how i jumped when i saw it turning pink, omg im soo happy !!. i did a test in the morning and it was negative when i decided to do another one at around 5 pm it was positive cant figure out y but im so glad i did a second test
    im afraid i will be out tom bec i had alittle bit too much protein today but hope the workout i did makes up for it. btw yest i slept like the dead :P

today i woke up at 10 am and then made myself breakfast which consisted of:

2eggs+2egg yolks+cup of peas and carrots+100g liver pate all in in 2tbsp of coconut oil
    as a "snack":i had bulletproof coffee a cup which had tbsp coconut oil and 1/2 tbsp butter
    then lunch was: same i guess as breakfast but without the peas and the liver was 160g with another cup of bulletproof coffee with 1tbsp coconut oil and 1/2 tbsp butter and thats it macros today was:

fat: 152g
    carbs:30g(net carb 20g)
    protein yikees: 90g damn it

just hope i stay in ketosis

the training today was good still sore from yest but still did a good job today and again guys if u want to try these out go ahead
    first i warmed up with a mile barefoot
    2- 3*40m high knees, 3*40m butt kicks
    3- 4*40m bounding
    4-3*20m sprint (rest is way back as for all the other sprints)
    5-3*30m sprint
    6-3*40m sprint
    note: broke all my sprint records although i was sore and heavy cant wait to see numbers when im all fresh and light
    7-3*600m run(rest is way back from 400 meter mark to 200meter mark)
    rest 7 min after all three
    8-3*600m run
    9-did medicne ball front throws(3kg, 20 throws)
    10-medicne ball back throws(3kg, 20 throws)
    11-abs excersies
    12-jog 1 mile
    13- stretches like hell
    thats it folks and if u try my workout tell me all about it

i am still in ketosis i cant believe it, and its nt just pink it is light purple cant wait for it to be dark purple didnt sleep so well yest but oh well i want this insomnia thing to go away its pretty annoying and i need the sleep bec i come home tired from training

i also want to get the ketometer rather than the ketostix bec i dnt want to panic when i stop excreting the ketones in my urine :P

nw just waiting for my butler to get me some eggs so i can have breakfast ,a bit hungry hadnt had anything since 5 pm yest + the workout of yest so ya i guess im pretty hungry nt just a bit hungry :P

more on wat i did today later

havent posted for some time , was busy with training and study
    im trying this new thing where i try to enjoy every bit of everything i do , u know i try to taste every bite of my food, i try to preform the best i can in my trainings and enjoy it in the same time, what i cant seem to accomplish yet is enjoying school

went out for some alone time, took my ipod and went for a walk ,i have been living in this neighborhood for 2 years and i havent checked it out before so decided to do that , it was a thirty min walk before i came upon a dessert with some tiny sand hills and lots of big rocks then i thought well why dnt i have my own small workout there was another 30 min walk back home
    Attachment 11513 Attachment 11514 Attachment 11515 Attachment 11516 Attachment 11517 20130503_024433.jpg
    last pic was of a water holder(dont know what its name is) but it was amazing found it on my way home was dieing of thirst
    it was pretty cool had plenty of fun even though i was alone.
    after that went to my grandma for dinner, she kept on insisting that i take dessert but i refused politely ,(damn i love my grandma ) we had grilled squid +flat fish with tomato sauce and onions+ eggplant( they had rice while i had salad) after dinner had a green tea and all my siblings had black tea with milk and plenty of sugar (ughh) after that me and my siblings went out to collect some berries from a nearby tree.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by egyption grok; 05-05-2013 at 09:51 AM.

20130503_023644.jpg20130503_020705.jpg20130503_020509.jpg20130502_182553.jpg20130503_015346.jpg
    these were in the desert i uploaded them in the wrong post , the above ones where at my grandma except the water thing, as u can see im in a tree thats a berry tree and i was gathering some it was quite hard and the fear of falling from a quite a height was amazing s(note: should do this again )
    after i left my grandma's house i went to a bbq with my team it was AMAZING , we made our own grill and they all had rice and most of them took the chicken breast while i had salad and two chicken thighs , fortunatly they had plenty and i mean plenty of skin btw egypt is nt like this, its just my unfinished neighborhood thats it folks
    Last edited by egyption grok; 05-05-2013 at 01:27 PM.

went for a 5 mile "hike" yest while ifing , for some reason i went out of ketosis before yest, cant seem to figure y though heres what happened before yest:

i woke up at 8 am went to training, it was quite hard(i repeated the one with the 500m,400m,300m thing but on better numbers)
    when i got home my ketones were roof high(dark purple)

then i had breakfast at 12 which was

50g cauliflower with 100g mushrooms in 100ml heavy cream +50ml of coconut milk and 50g of mozzerlla cheese(first time in a long time i had cheese)
    with a 100g steak and plenty of steak solid fat fried in butter

swam a bit

later in the day dinner wasanother patch of the mushroom thing with 3 eggs\
    dessert was : shredded coconut and shredded walnuts with 20g dark chocolate and 2 tbsp butter all mixed together and freezed with coconut cream ontop

the day after when i measured my ketones it was completly negative so was the day after
    carbs didnt go above 30g, protein didnt go above 70g

im guessing mabye it was the dairy i have no clue would someone clarify this for me

back in ketosis just after a workout yest but still am in the morning although i ate yest like 50g carbs

yest was a pretty bad day for the nutrition part + i found out that i am dairy intolerent

i had stopped dairy since i went primal (except butter and heavy cream) and i tried to reintroduce it but got bloated and felt gassy and stuff so im guressing im intolerent...no cheese for u again :P

well here is how my day went:

got up at 8 :30 am sat on the computer and watched to episodes of criminal minds(old i know but im obssesed with criminology)

got up and had breakfast which was : 3egg omlete with 2 medium zucchinis a tomato and 150g ground beef

although it should have been satisfying i felt hungry afterwards i tried to busy myself with something so i watched another 2 episodes when i finally gave up i went down and tried to do a ketogenic carrot cake(ketocook.com) it wasnt sweet so i ended up adding a big amount of honey, it turned out as a fail because it had too much moisture so to replace it had a tangerine and half a banana i also fried a avocado. i felt disgusted that i just ate anything so i got dressed and headed for the club

i got there at 3 oclock but my training was still at 5 so i took a long walk then my coach came and here is the workout:

1-warmup a mile
    2-3*40m butt kicks
    3-3*40m high knees
    4-5*100m sprint with weight sledge (still dnt know its name :P )
    5-3*100m walking lunges
    6-6*100m run 75% of max
    7-3*30m single leg hops(three on each leg)
    8-5*20 reps of frog jumps
    9-ab exercise (60 lower abs, 120 middle abs, 60 upper abs)
    10-15 min cool off jog then stretches and then went home

thats it took my magnesium citrate (still nt helping that much day3)
    then went to "sleep"

Emtropy is offline Senior Member
    Hi :P I'd wish you luck, but you seem to be doing fantastic! So keep it up

Pretty cool that you're a pole vaulter. Hands down my worst event lol

Sent from my HTC One mini using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12