Thread: Primal and leaky pipes page

s-piper is offline Senior Member

Primal and leaky pipes

Primal Fuel
    I've seen in the success stories section several people saying that going Primal helped with 'leakiness' if you catch my dirft.
    Well I've experienced a pretty big imporvement in that myself, which is wonderful because, after little to no effect with Vesicare, I'd started imagining myself having to wear diapers by the time I'm 30.

My question, though, is why???
    My urologist had said weightloss would help because it'd put less pressure on the bladder, but it's still early days so I've only lost about 8lbs, and I have a lot more than that to lose, so it can't just be the weightloss.
    Does anyone know what the connection is?

Primal123 is offline Senior Member
    Maybe inflammation was the underlying cause? Or perhaps exercise strengthened the muscles?

Inflammation is my only guess.

I haven't really been exercising much more than before. Just day to day walking on campus. Doing so feels a lot easier now because my joints aren't as sore (seriously, before this lifestyle change I felt 26 going on 90!), but I'm probably not actually doing more.

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    I'm glad you've found improvement. THis is one area that primal doesn't seem to have helped me at all.
    At 48 and after three children, there's a few things against me, but still, I wish I didn't have to cross my legs to cough or sneeze.

Cryptocode is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by s-piper View Post
    I've seen in the success stories section several people saying that going Primal helped with 'leakiness' if you catch my dirft.
    Well I've experienced a pretty big imporvement in that myself, which is wonderful because, after little to no effect with Vesicare, I'd started imagining myself having to wear diapers by the time I'm 30.

My question, though, is why???
    My urologist had said weightloss would help because it'd put less pressure on the bladder, but it's still early days so I've only lost about 8lbs, and I have a lot more than that to lose, so it can't just be the weightloss.
    Does anyone know what the connection is?
    Interesting question. After about 6 weeks on strict primal I stopped leaking completely. Before Primal it had become a real problem that was increasing, and had been occuring for about 1 year. I had even bought a box of adult diapers in dreaded preparation. I have not read up on it and I don't know why primal cured it, but it is Completely Cured.

The first 2 weeks of primal I lost 11 lbs. Later I gained back 2. Since then I think I've gained another 2. I don't think weight loss has anything to do with it.
    Last edited by Cryptocode; 03-15-2013 at 01:20 PM.

Fantazmic is offline Member
    How long have you been primal ? Be patient it can take time for things to change

I also think that preservative/ fake sugrs etc have a lot to answer for in terms of all sorts of horrible health problems.......you should be avoiding all of these on primal which might explain the improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantazmic View Post
    How long have you been primal ? Be patient it can take time for things to change

I also think that preservative/ fake sugrs etc have a lot to answer for in terms of all sorts of horrible health problems.......you should be avoiding all of these on primal which might explain the improvement.
    Should be, yes.
    Am? Not *ahem* entirely.

I'm not saying I disagree with you. In fact, I suspect that if I gave up all fake sugars, and possibly coffee as well (health benefits aside, coffee doesn't agree with me in many ways), I'd be 100% cured. At the moment it's more like 85% cured. Which I'm definitely not complaining about!

That leads me to suspect wheat/gluten. This is the first time I've ever that up, but even running on the assumption I might have been gluten intolerant and didn't know it, I'm curious to know how that would have caused this symptom?

noodletoy is online now Senior Member
    inflammation can manifest in all sorts of unpleasant ways.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

Cryptocode is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by s-piper View Post
    Should be, yes.
    Am? Not *ahem* entirely.

I'm not saying I disagree with you. In fact, I suspect that if I gave up all fake sugars, and possibly coffee as well (health benefits aside, coffee doesn't agree with me in many ways), I'd be 100% cured. At the moment it's more like 85% cured. Which I'm definitely not complaining about!

That leads me to suspect wheat/gluten. This is the first time I've ever that up, but even running on the assumption I might have been gluten intolerant and didn't know it, I'm curious to know how that would have caused this symptom?
    Cheer up, I haven't given up all fake sugars. Like you I think I should but I've tried 2 kinds of the Stevia and to me it tastes just awful. I have used honey in my coffee sometines and that's good. I only use it in my daily 2 cups of coffee.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I'm with you on Stevia. Its OK in coffee but for baking it tastes awful. Raw honey is delicious though. I suspect it'll become my go to sweetener for Paleo baked goods.