Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nobody's favourite - overgrown zucchini page 2

noodletoy is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    what the heck is kina? google tells me it's a monetary unit from new guinea, so i am quite sure you're not eating that.

annie, my b/f isn't a zucchini fan, but he does like this: shred the zukes into ribbons with a peeler. salt, squeeze drain. then saute with butter and dried thyme til soft. finish with lemon, chopped almonds, black pepper and herbs. both guests and he loves them like that.

i also julienne them with a mandolin and soften them in bone broth for breakfast. decent enough noodle sub.

we're predicted to get another blizzard with up to a foot of snow tonight so i have major garden envy for you!
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

Marinas Florin is offline Senior Member
    This is a delicious recipe I saved some months ago and used it - delicious!

Zucchini Casserole/Quiche

Rice Layer:

4-5 cups cooked rice (I boil up 2 cups dry rice and whatever that makes goes in the dish)
    2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, I use mild
    2 eggs, beaten
    1/2 tsp salt (I always add a bit more)
    Mix the cheese into the hot rice, then add the eggs & salt (it’s usually cooled enough by then not to cook the eggs). Spray the bottom of a 913 pan and spread the rice mixture on the bottom of the pan.

Zucchini Layer:

1/2 of a large overgrown zucchini, shredded. Srsly I don’t measure. 4-6 cups. It always works!
    1 can cream of mushroom soup (staple of Mormon casseroles, what can I say?)
    1/2 to 1 tsp salt
    4 eggs, beaten

Mix all ingredients and spread over the rice mixture. Cook uncovered for 1 hour at 350F. It may start to brown on top, if so cover with tin foil at 45 min. mark. When done the center is quite ‘set’. Remove from oven and sprinkle with another cup of shredded cheese.

I don't remember from where I got it tho
    No Bull fat loss and muscle gaining at http://www.nobsbb.com

I am not a bodybuilding/fat loss/strength training "guru" BUT I achieved a lean state with ease after learning the correct way to train and eat and I want to HELP YOU achieve the same.

Lose Weight/Gain Muscle/Strength - FEEL BETTER

Start here: http://www.nobsbb.com/new-start-here/

I just made the Zucchini Egg Bake from the Primal Blueprint Cookbook (first recipe I tried).
    It's similar to Noodletoys frittatta, but includes sausage and parm cheese.
    It called for 2 pounds of shredded zucchini. I had young (6-7 inches) zucchini, but surely you try with older ones.
    It was delicious, even reheated the next day.
    Zucchini Egg Bake | Primal Blueprint Meal Plan

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by noodletoy View Post
    what the heck is kina?
    Sea Urchin endemic to NZ
    There's a pic here:

'And so the story goes... ': K is for Kina

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    LOL you beat me to it Annie. I so would love to put my foot on a colony of kina. usually i have to dive in the sea to get them. i am one of the few people i know who like them and apparently OMG our daily limit is 50. I can only usually manage 2 or 3 on my own.

i was sure i saw a courgette cake recipe the other day when the kids were looking up GF cookie recipes so i did a search of the same web site. 326 courgette recipes to inspire you!
    BBC - Food - Recipe finder : courgette

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12