A bit discouraged at the moment as I feel I do follow the 80/20 rule for Primal eating, but the fat is still comfortably hugging my belly for dear life. So, wouldn't you think that I should be losing weight with this general diet?

It is:

BREAKFAST - smoothie with kale, parsley, 1/2 tsp coconut oil, 1 tsp olive oil, 1 scoop of Jay Robb's whey protein powder (about to switch to Mark's protein powder) , -OR- 1-2 eggs scrambled in olive oil, eaten wrapped in toasted nori

SNACK - 8 or 12 oz cappuccino breve (half and half), and - eek!- a chocolate croissant or scone (really good quality bakery! organic flour! I know, I know), the latter probably twice a week ; GT's Kombucha

LUNCH - BAS with some animal protein and avocados, olive oil and apple cider vinegar -OR- animal protein and celery or carrot -OR- tuna in mayo with celery or carrot. Now the bad thing: if my kids or my brain kept me up the night before, I'll drink a diet coke. Horrible. Normally only a few times a week.

SNACK - a few slices of roasted turkey breast with mayo (God I love mayo) and sometimes a few cherry tomatoes -OR- a very big, unfeminine bite of whatever protein leftover is in my fridge with half a cucumber

DINNER - animal protein and veg then SOMETIMES a little yogurt with raw honey; fenugreek tea with a 1/2 tsp raw honey.

I drink at least 1.5 liters of water a day, and I have two young kids that I run after most of the day. That said, I have not been getting very regular exercise apart from the nightly 20 min or so family walk after dinner (and laundry, cooking, cleaning, etc). And my sleep was bad for, oh, eight years or so with little waking children, and only recently have started getting regular, deep sleep.

So! The only time in the last 3 months that I have lost weight were: 1) the horrid stomach flu my whole family got at New Year's, and 2) the raging case of strep throat I caught last month. Both times I lost a glorious seven pounds, and both times, once I started actually eating again, the buggers came right back on.

Must I not eat? Be hungry? Okay, I need to lose the occasional pastry that I do so adore, and the diet coke is just stupid. But it's not that often, and the rest -- not bad, right? So why is this 5'5" formerly svelte mother of two seemingly stuck at 157? Thoughts?

Thanks.