Thread: How intensive grass grazing is going to save the world - amazing Ted talk page

marthat is offline Senior Member

How intensive grass grazing is going to save the world - amazing Ted talk

Primal Fuel
    Someone Give This Man A Nobel Prize Already. He

This is the most hopeful thing I've ever heard, and totally justifies eating more grass-fed meats as being a sustainable and not wasteful way of life for us and the planet. Enjoy!

happybunny is offline Member
    This is amazing! But I'm a fan more because it proves that America doesn't need to "feed the world." Let them feed themselves, and be better off for it! Though if everyone got food this way, Monsanto would cry like a baby. That means it's a great idea!

MikeAtTaree is offline Member
    I often use this as a counter argument to vegans who say that by abolishing the cattle industry, many many more people could be fed. Actually many range lands which produce lots of beef and sheep meats are not suitable for tilled agriculture. Look what happened during the "Dust Bowl" in the USA when prairie lands which had supported Bison etc for thousands of years were carved up and put under the plough. So by taking these lands out of production there would be more hunger, not less.

Here in Australia, although we have feedlots in some areas, we have a lot of grass fed beef - in the area where I live it often seems that every bit of green pasture and riverland is dotted with lovely shiny Angus beef cattle. Now I'm salivating

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    If you are interested in Intensive grazing, you should check out The Stockman Grass Farmer. It's an agricultural newspaper that is dedicated to growing grass, of the grazing kind.

fuzzynavel is offline Member
    That was pretty good and make sense.....The evidence that he provided was remarkable.

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ssn679doc View Post
    If you are interested in Intensive grazing, you should check out The Stockman Grass Farmer. It's an agricultural newspaper that is dedicated to growing grass, of the grazing kind.
    +1 to anything associated with Joel Salatin, despite the fact that he's a new earth creationist.