Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: what to do with egg whites? page 2

slowcooker is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    They are good for making things stick to meat and fish when frying..

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    I understand raw egg whites bind up biotin and make it unavailable. So if you did eat them, they should be cooked.
    Not unavailable, only less bio-available than if cooked! There might be other benefits of raw egg whites though, and personally I like to take them in a shake made on CokeZero and brewers yeast as a pre-workout drink...

Wulf is offline Senior Member
    if the biotin-binding is a concern, just don't eat them at the same meal as biotin containing food or supplements

primal_alex is offline Senior Member
    Use them in a meatloaf.

Marinas Florin is offline Senior Member
    I would not throw them on the window as they have a nice protein content. I would cook them with an whole egg so for every 5 egg whites, you can throw a whole egg and cook them whatever you want.
    No Bull fat loss and muscle gaining at http://www.nobsbb.com

I am not a bodybuilding/fat loss/strength training "guru" BUT I achieved a lean state with ease after learning the correct way to train and eat and I want to HELP YOU achieve the same.

Lose Weight/Gain Muscle/Strength - FEEL BETTER

Start here: http://www.nobsbb.com/new-start-here/

pjgh is offline Senior Member
    For folks wondering why we wind up with just whites ... I can't speak for the OP, but I make a lot of sauces which only use the yolks: Hollandaise, Mayonnaise and so on.

newlife77 is offline Member
    If u don't mind using a bit of coconut palm sugar then this recipe makes good meringue!

I’ve Only Got Eyes For You and Your Meringues Part-Time Health Nut

H x
    An English girl who's been on lots of different diets, weight gone up and down but always been a naturalist at heart and have always wondered why "Conventional Wisdom" diets don't allow you to eat red meat and nuts - that are purely natural things?! So feel I've found my niche in the PB/Paleo Lifestyle and really want to make this my way of life for good!!!

girlhk is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by primalrob View Post
    i'm wondering the same thing. i haven't read the perfect health diet yet; do they specify just eating the yolks?
    and, if they do, does that mean you should just toss the whites?

if you just prefer them separated, the whites still make a good binding agent for meatza, meat loaf, etc.
    Yes, the PHD says egg yolks specifically. They don't mention what to do with the whites. Anyway, I always thought that it's easy to develop sensitivity to egg whites if they're eaten everyday, but not to egg yolks. Maybe I'm mistaken?

And 5 is the number advised in the PHD for those who are pregnant or trying to conceive. I'm lactating, hoping to get my period back.

Quote Originally Posted by pjgh View Post
    For folks wondering why we wind up with just whites ... I can't speak for the OP, but I make a lot of sauces which only use the yolks: Hollandaise, Mayonnaise and so on.
    Can you share some recipes?

PrimalCon New York
    Thanks everyone for your suggestions! I've never made meringue or souffles-- I've always thought those were sugary desserts?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast