Limited Time: Grab your FREE Box of Dark Chocolate Almond Bars Get Yours>>Close
Open
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Crossfit Open

Shop Now
    Last year I finished WB and DU in 11:50. Hoping to maybe break that... but DU are a funny thing. Some days I can string together 40. Some days 2. Hopefully today won't be a 2 day But next year... I better get 241

Just got back. 8:48 for WB, finished at 11:11. I think I could have gone a little faster at the WB... I did sets of 15 through 105 and took too much rest at the end I think. In hindsight I didn't *really* need to catch my breath to do sets of 10... oh well. Next year
    Last edited by lorichka6; 03-23-2013 at 10:03 AM.

Well, I beat my goal, got through all the wall balls in 8:42. Then I moved on to the double unders and my legs WOULD NOT WORK. It was comical. Took a solid thirty seconds before I could jump at all. Then I started whipping through the DUs as fast as I could, but when time was called I had only done 84. Obviously I'm pretty happy that I got a 234 score, but AAAARGH SIX AWAY FROM THE MAX! Grrrr. That's just annoying.

I think I still prefer wall balls to burpees. I think this workout taught me that I'd rather do absolutely anything than burpees.

13.4 in the books. What to say about this workout, except that it was real tricksy? I think everyone was expecting to totally crush it, due to the shorter sets, shorter time cap, and just two movements to focus on--but it really messed with everyone's heads and it ended up being the hardest workout yet. I couldn't believe how winded I was when I stepped up to the bar for my set of 6 TTB. This was a gasser disguised as an easy workout. Also, I forgot how deceptively heavy 95# is. I think because my clean and jerk PR is way above 95, I don't think of it as "heavy", but doing at workout like this, or doing Grace, ten reps in and I'm like, holy crap, this weight is no joke.

Also, I got 5 no reps on the toes-to-bar. FURY. It's not like I disputed it; it's pretty obvious when your toes don't hit the bar. But it's still SO MUCH EFFORT to get your legs up there at all, that to get a no rep is so demoralizing. In my set of 9, I was so annoyed with all the no-reps that I just fell off the bar after each one, jumped back up, and started fresh. I don't have the kip down and trying to string them together really cost me. Ugh.

All in all, though, I beat my goal (to get through the sets of 9) and got 40 reps total, so I'm fine with it. But man, I've never seen so many annoyed/sad/angry faces as after this workout. I think everyone was expecting a much easier time.

Shop Now
    I agree - this was a tough one - but really the first heavy one (for us mere mortals). My 1 RM clean is 115 and 1 RM jerk is 105 so I was pretty nervous. My goal was 40 and I made it with 43. 1 no-rep on the TTB (which went much better than I expected, 3 and 6 were unbroken). Last year my score on this would have been 0, so I'm pretty happy