Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Crossfit Open page 2

Badkty22 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Awesome job Heatseeker! I agree that step ups are the way to go. I have some friends doing this workout tomorrow, I've shared that strategy with them, we'll see if they listen. I know step ups aren't as sexy, but they are still a killer in their own right.

Canuck- I would agree that the 3 weeks on/1 week off works. I discovered it by accident when I had to take a week off crossfit to recover from bronchitis. I came back stronger, which blew me away! Even though I'm hardly any sort of intense or elite athlete, I do make sure to listen to my body and I don't feel any shame about taking time off when I need it.

lorichka6 is offline Senior Member
    Heading in to do 13.2 this morning. Got 150 on 13.1. My back has been iffy since those last 30 snatches at a weight too high for me to really be doing 30... so my plan is push jerks and step ups for the whole thing.

Louisa655 is offline Senior Member
    heatseeker: 13.2 on my plate today. i may not be able to push 75lbs overhead (I"m not strong enough yet)....hope I don't totally embarass myself. I plan on doing step ups --- I'm 5'11" so easier and faster than jumping. My limiting factor is the 75lb weight bleh (
    ----------------------------------------
    F, 48, 5'10"
    Start Date: 25-06-12 @ 161lbs
    Goal Reached: 30-09-12 @ 143lb. Now bouncing between 145lb - 149lb. I'd like less bounce and more consistency :-)

Started Cross Fit 20.12.12 ---- Can't wait to submit my success story on the 1st anniversary of starting primal.

lorichka6 is offline Senior Member
    257. My plan was to do jerks and step ups from the beginning and to just keep moving. It worked. I never stepped away from the bar or really stopped to catch my breath. This WOD was right up my alley though coming from an endurance background. As soon as the heavy stuff shows up I'll be right back in 14,000th place or wherever I was after 13.1

gt1cm2 is offline Junior Member
    I'd love to be doing it but there is so much I can't do and I'm having a cortisone injection this week due to a really old injury so that takes me out for two weeks of no impact stuff. But I am taking photos for our box, loving the atmosphere!! Motivates me for next year.

heatseeker is offline Senior Member
    Regarding 13.3... how about I just barf all over your head, Crossfit?

Doing it tomorrow morning, NOT looking forward to it in the slightest. Karen is my least least LEAST favorite workout. Karen plus double unders? How about ugh. (I'm leaving out the muscle ups entirely because a) I can't do one and scaled reps like chest-to-bars don't count, and b) even if I could do one, I doubt I'd finish the wall balls and DUs in time to attempt it. So, my max score to shoot for on this is 240 no matter what.

*Indiana Jones voice* Wall balls... Why'd it have to be wall balls?

KathyB is offline Junior Member
    New to this forum, so I hope I'm doing this right!
    I've been in CrossFit for just over a year and I'm in the Masters 55-59 Women's age group. I feel like I'm cheating by using the lighter weights. Score on 13.1 was 142; score on 13.2 was 230. I'll do 13.3 on Saturday. We did this same workout in our gym about a month ago and my score was 201 with a 14# ball. My age group uses a 10# ball and throws 9 feet on this workout, so I'm hoping to get the maximum of all the wall balls and double unders - 240. No muscle ups for this grandma! Good luck to everyone!

Badkty22 is offline Senior Member
    KathyB- Welcome! Great job on the WODs, you don't get that much of a cheat in the masters category, I'm still impressed by your scores!

Yeah...13.3 is just awful. And to boot we've done tons of squats already during our regular programming this week, I can barely walk as it is. I will most likely be taking a pass on this one.

Good luck to all of you who go for it!

smilingjustalittlebit is offline Senior Member
    13.3 done this morning. Really wanted to get through the wall balls so was pleased to get 8 DU's in as well before the time ran down.
    Do what you love and do it often. If you don't like something, change it. if you don't like your job, quit. If you don't have enough time, stop watching tv. If you are looking for the love of your life, stop, they will be waiting for you when you start doing the things you love. Stop over analyzing, life is simple. When you eat, appreciate every last bite. Some opportunities only come once, seize them.

https://www.facebook.com/ForgedFromFat

heatseeker is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I'm hitting it in about a half hour. I think I've changed my goal to just make it through all the wall balls before time is up.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast