Thread: zone diet carbs page

wbsgn12 is offline Junior Member

zone diet carbs

Primal Fuel
    I aim to eat more or less exclusively primal foods, and hope to top out each day at about 100g carbs. These are usually coming from squash, onions, seasonings, trace carbs in eggs, broccoli, lettuce, etc...

The zone diet calls for 40% of food intake to be from carbs. I am intrigued by the idea of the zone diet, and I understand that many crossfiters use it in conjunction with paleo principles. But 40%? That seems like its entirely too much?

Neckhammer is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wbsgn12 View Post
    I aim to eat more or less exclusively primal foods, and hope to top out each day at about 100g carbs. These are usually coming from squash, onions, seasonings, trace carbs in eggs, broccoli, lettuce, etc...

The zone diet calls for 40% of food intake to be from carbs. I am intrigued by the idea of the zone diet, and I understand that many crossfiters use it in conjunction with paleo principles. But 40%? That seems like its entirely too much?
    Its too much for me. I only exercise with very high intensity 2x/week for about 20 minutes.

If I were doing 6x/week metcons for an hour it may be just fine.

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Again, primal is not low carb, people. You may want to drop the carbs really low if you want to drop the weight fast but I've never low carbed and I lost my vanity weight just fine.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."