Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal attractiveness page

iconoclast79 is offline Member

Primal attractiveness

Primal Fuel
    Ancestrally speaking, wouldn't Grok and Grokette find underfatted individuals unattractive and undesirable as mates?

Is today's obsession with six pack abs and sub 15-20 percent body fat comparable to the modern draw to soda and other processed 'foods?' I think so.

Just like with primal macros, people need to get over the brainwashing that coerces us to believe fat is bad.

*Obviously, I'm not talking about the obese, the skinny fat, or the bloated.

Mr.Perfidy is offline Senior Member
    so like how my cats are well muscled but have swinging belly pouches? I always call my Job a sexy man and so handsome when I see his belly swing.
    "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

Jack london, "Before Adam"

NowhereMan is offline Senior Member
    Having a 6 pack doesn't make you "underfatted". It isn't bad for your health, so as long as you don't stress or obsess about it I see no reason not to pursue leanness.

Beachman is offline Junior Member
    Yeah. I'm with you.

Found this, you might enjoy the read.

Men prefer average sized women over fashion models and Playboy centrefolds, claim scientists - Telegraph

Our instincts keep us human and sometimes honest to what's worth looking at.

What I'm sad about is that this link might set another bar for women to worry about their image, "maybe I'm not healthy/full/curvy enough," et cetera.

I wish we could all just appreciate and nourish our bodies and the moments our bodies allow us to have. Healthy, happy without the "perfect" or "permanent"... cause we all know those "p-words" just aren't natural.

It sure is bad for your health if you suddenly require stored energy in the real world. There is a reason that lower BMI is associated with higher mortality vs. the average to slightly overweight.

Fighting illness, bearing and nursing a child, surviving an interruption of food availability are reasons to avoid playing with fire just for the sake of fake modern ideals of attractiveness.

If eating ancestrally is healthy for the individual, so is having the ability to recognize healthful attractiveness. Don't be fooled by modern media- the same entities pushing processed garbage 'food.'

Yes, interesting. This reminded me of a study that had men rate the attractiveness of women's faces. The computer created composite (the average of the real faces) was always rated most attractive.

Quote Originally Posted by Beachman View Post
    Yeah. I'm with you.

Found this, you might enjoy the read.

Men prefer average sized women over fashion models and Playboy centrefolds, claim scientists - Telegraph

Our instincts keep us human and sometimes honest to what's worth looking at.

What I'm sad about is that this link might set another bar for women to worry about their image, "maybe I'm not healthy/full/curvy enough," et cetera.

I wish we could all just appreciate and nourish our bodies and the moments our bodies allow us to have. Healthy, happy without the "perfect" or "permanent"... cause we all know those "p-words" just aren't natural.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Perfidy View Post
    so like how my cats are well muscled but have swinging belly pouches? I always call my Job a sexy man and so handsome when I see his belly swing.
    Lol, relying on indicators of feline attractiveness is like relying on nutritionally interventional rabbit studies.

Quote Originally Posted by NowhereMan View Post
    Having a 6 pack doesn't make you "underfatted". It isn't bad for your health, so as long as you don't stress or obsess about it I see no reason not to pursue leanness.
    It sure is bad for your health if you suddenly require stored energy in the real world. There is a reason that lower BMI is associated with higher mortality vs. the average to slightly overweight.

Fighting illness, bearing and nursing a child, surviving an interruption of food availability are reasons to avoid playing with fire just for the sake of fake modern ideals of attractiveness.

If eating ancestrally is healthy for the individual, so is having the ability to recognize healthful attractiveness. Don't be fooled by modern media- the same entities pushing processed garbage 'food.'

Mr.Perfidy is offline Senior Member
    Lol, relying on indicators of feline attractiveness is like relying on nutritionally interventional rabbit studies.
    why? I think its an apt analogy- a prehistorical hunter chief would probably look like my job (it's actually spelled Gob like the character in arrested development), as in, be broad and powerfully developed as shit, but covered in a swinging loose layer of chubby reserves. Why wouldn't that be sexy to cave ladies? Muscled women with fat asses are hot to me...
    "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

Jack london, "Before Adam"

wiltondeportes Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by iconoclast79 View Post
    Ancestrally speaking, wouldn't Grok and Grokette find underfatted individuals unattractive and undesirable as mates?

Is today's obsession with six pack abs and sub 15-20 percent body fat comparable to the modern draw to soda and other processed 'foods?' I think so.

Just like with primal macros, people need to get over the brainwashing that coerces us to believe fat is bad.

*Obviously, I'm not talking about the obese, the skinny fat, or the bloated.
    How about just get over body image in general and get hornier. Grok didn't have a damn clue what he looked like except for the rare sunset when he looks into the still lakewater and sees his dad, Mufasa.

I would say about 90-95% of women are attractive to me at least on some level. This has the unintended benefit of what happened for Shallow Hal too...

I think the male is going to innately generally be a little more vain about his appearance because it's the female that's choosing who to sleep with. Unless you go the Genghis Khan route; then it doesn't matter what you look like. The less horny a certain race is, the more vain a female is going to have to be in order to make sure she has enough choices.
    Last edited by wiltondeportes; 03-15-2013 at 12:11 AM.

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast